PDA

View Full Version : My hair brought us together.

ttubabe
December 6th, 2009, 12:04 PM
I typically wear my hair up in bun about 90% of the time. The other day over Thanksgiving break I had a wash day and after the shower I decided to let my hair air dry while I read a magazine. My mother, brother, and I are really close and love spending time with each other. My brother who's your typical man that would much rather put me in a head lock or punch me in the arm than give me a hug or a compliment walks in my room completely shocked and says "Dude, you're hair is so freakin long!" It's really only about 2 maybe 3 inches past BSL but he was so shocked at the length of my hair. He lives about 6 hours away from me so we don't see each other very much and when I do see him well...my hair is up. I just nodded and giggled a little at his reaction and went back to my magazine. Since I had just combed out my hair my comb was sitting next me and out of the blue he asks "can I comb your hair?" :agape:!

I was so shocked!!! I agreed since it was already tangle free so I figured it wouldn't hurt so here is my 6'5", 22 year old manly brother combing my hair very gently. My mom walks in just as shocked as I am and asks my brother "are you combing your sisters hair?" He just laughed and kept combing, so my mom plops down on the bed to watch him and we all had a long conversation right there on my bed for a good while. Of course after about a minute of combing my hair my brother got tired and finished it off by playfully hitting me on the head with the comb :rolleyes:! Can't get too sappy now can we? LOL!.

So have any of you had similiar experiences with your loved ones? I would love to hear your stories!

theboredelf
December 6th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Your brother sounds like my fiance! :D He'll make some longhair-obsessed woman very happy some day!

But most of my family is used to my hair length because I don't wear it up often. (Which will be changing this coming year.)

rchorr
December 6th, 2009, 12:38 PM
That is SO SWEET! I can't imagine my brother in the same position, LOL! However, my daughter loves to comb my hair ... and I enjoy combing hers, too.

RCHORR'

Latin Tea
December 6th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Geez, I would like for my husband to ask to comb my hair. :( Maybe it will happen one day and I'll remember this post. Tuck it away in your memory too and when you are 50 (like me) you can reflect on that sweet experience. :)

little_acorn
December 6th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Awww thats great :D

Vrushali
December 6th, 2009, 04:18 PM
AWWWW!!! That is soo sweet!!

Aerith
December 6th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Awww! This made me smile. :)

enfys
December 6th, 2009, 04:40 PM
That's so sweet! No one combs or brushes my hair for me; DH is scared he'll ruin it (how?) and everyone else would prefer to use straighteners on me...and my straight hair...

It sounds like it was a lovely moment for the three of you!

windinherhair
December 6th, 2009, 05:10 PM
That is so sweet! I don't think I could imagine my brother acting the same way. I've always worn my hair long, at least at waist level, since we were kids, so he has been used to me having it long, but I am curious how my family will react to my "longer" hair. I will be visiting in the Spring after they haven't seen me for a year. I've got some more growing to do. ;)

spidermom
December 6th, 2009, 06:03 PM
I think only a long-haired person gets requests to "let me comb your hair". I've never heard such a story from a short-haired person.

Runzel
December 6th, 2009, 06:04 PM
What a sweet story! Thanks for sharing it.

I think only a long-haired person gets requests to "let me comb your hair". I've never heard such a story from a short-haired person.

That's a very good point.

chrissy-b
December 6th, 2009, 06:13 PM
That is so sweet!

I had a similar experience. My hair was about APL but my nieces hadn't seen it down for at least a year. When my eight year old niece saw my hair (she's growing hers out from a bob so she can donate it to cancer patients) she said, "It's so beautiful! I think I'm going to sit next to you so I can just look at it." Which she did. Then she asked, "Can I touch it?" I agreed. She smiled and we talked about the things she can do to keep her hair in good condition while she grows it out.

So freakin' cute.

HoneyBun
December 6th, 2009, 06:13 PM
What a lovely family story! Makes for a wonderful holiday memory!

maddog_running
December 6th, 2009, 10:12 PM

If it's short enough, they just want to touch it. A sweet old lady stopped me in the metro to touch my hair once.

However I made my brother let me braid his hair all the time when he had it long.

Kalyca
December 6th, 2009, 11:27 PM
that's really sweet. made me smile. i can't imagine my brother ever doing that for me =P

JamieLeigh
December 7th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Aww, how sweet! lol my mother-in-law adores my hair. My family and close friends who've known me a long time are used to my hair being this long, and even remember when it was longer. But she's only known me 5+ years, so she's still pretty fascinated by it. :p

nowxisxforever
December 7th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Lol too cute! My sister played with my hair during Thanksgiving last year.

Wicked Princess
December 7th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Aww! Your brother sounds awesome. :D

My fiance will sometimes comb my hair and braid it for me, as I still have troubles doing braids myself. His hair is about...well....where I imagine BSL would be on him...and I'll comb and braid his hair. It's something we both enjoy and share. :)

FB
December 7th, 2009, 05:22 PM
TOO cute!!!!

DarkBotticelli
December 7th, 2009, 06:17 PM
I had an experience somewhat similar to this. I usually sleep with my hair braided and one night I asked my boyfriend to braid it for me (just on a whim really) and after he did a pretty good job he told me that he was worried the whole time because the only thing he'd ever braided was rope and he didn't want to hurt me. Haha, it was adorable. On a side note, he used to have hair at least down to his waist himself. Long haired men are verrry attractive :).

kmangus
December 7th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Aww!!! How cute! The only time something like that happened was with my ex and his little brother. They both detangled my hair and took turns braiding it! It was so cute.

Blondschopf
December 8th, 2009, 02:03 AM
My fiancée and I got to really know us on a market in an old castle. I was wearing a cape, medieval clothing and a "spanish harlot" corset on top of that *muahaha* My hair was in gibson braids I think and up to this day he says "from the very first day I absolutely LOVED your hair". At that time we didn't get together, just became friends because I was in a relationship at that time.

But now we are a couple and I swear I have to fight with him at night who takes up my tangleTeezer first because he simply loves to brush my hair for me :D He does it really really carefully, cuddling me from behind etc, brushing on, cuddling again :D In the end all I do is my braid for the night and I'm done.

There is NOTHING like being groomed and cuddled before going to sleep *ggg*

Arriens
December 8th, 2009, 07:03 AM
On a side note, he used to have hair at least down to his waist himself. Long haired men are verrry attractive :).
And beeing a long haired guy has the advantige that ladies want to play with your hair. :eyebrows:
My girlfriend didn't even noticed that I was wearing a scottish kilt when we met because she loved my hair. :p

mimi1153
December 8th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Oh, how sweet! Moments to remember! :applause

enfys
December 8th, 2009, 04:56 PM

This is really true! The closest short hair version is rubbing your hand over very short hair, but it's not the same. It's not romantic or admiring or helping!