PDA

View Full Version : Those who have grey/white hairs (or heads of hair)

AJoifulNoise
April 24th, 2008, 08:47 PM
At what age did you notice your first grey/white hairs? Just curious.

Because, I was amused to find 4 white hairs today. They are all under 4 inches, but one is awfully close. I journaled about it earlier. I'm not upset about it. They are kinda like my pets now. I play peek-a-boo with them in the mirror.

QueenBea
April 24th, 2008, 08:49 PM
In my early 20's--probably around 22 or 23?

But now at nearly 35, there still aren't many. And I've stopped coloring and am letting them grow in because, HEY, at this point they look like pretty silver natural highlights :) So I might as well enjoy them------

My parents didn't go to 50% or more grey until they were in their mid to late 50's, so there's hope for me--

QueenBea

QueenBea

Suldrun
April 24th, 2008, 08:50 PM
For me it was my early 20's and my brother started to really go grey in highschool. He is 34 and has had salt and pepper hair for a long long time.

Poolsoflaughter
April 24th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Ironically enough, I started noticing them shortly after joining this community, when I stopped dyeing my hair! So, early twenties. I refuse to dye them, though! :ponder:

spidermom
April 24th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Mid 40s, I think.

Elenna
April 24th, 2008, 08:59 PM
A few in my thirties. Lots more in my forties.

birdiefu
April 24th, 2008, 09:12 PM
I found one when I was about 16, but it seemed to just go briefly grey. Very odd, I had brown hair, then like 1" of grey, then it was going brown again. Must have had a shock that it recovered from! No others so far...don't know when they might show up but I will welcome them.

Juliette
April 24th, 2008, 11:35 PM
Mine came in about 40ish. They have been having a feild day over the last two years though. They have settled all around my face and into my fringe. My daughter thinks that I should dye them but Im determind not too. Im sure that once I start then I wont be able to stop so best leave things be. Mum is 70 and she has about 30% grey and natural mousey brown hair in beautiful condition and down to her waist. She isnt concerned by it all and I suppose that that is the best example for me if I can live with it!!.

trolleypup
April 24th, 2008, 11:49 PM
17. *shrug*...lots more in the last few years though.

zelah
April 24th, 2008, 11:52 PM
Probably within the last year or two, but I've been dyeing/treating my hair since 7th grade, so they may have started before that. I'm not worried about them and don't really do anything about them (other than the usual dye routine), so my roommate about had a fit when she found out I'd found one and just left it there. Lol.

Currently the 3 or 4 I've found are about 4 inches long, maybe longer. The last time I dyed was back in January, so they're kind of serving as a measurement of how quickly my hair grows.

AprilElf
April 25th, 2008, 12:03 AM
I'm not really sure when I found my first one, and I can't even remember whether it was a lone whitey or if there were others appearing at the same time. :rolleyes:
Let's just say around about my mid-to-late twenties and be done with it.

*sigh* I'm still trying to come to terms with my emerging whites ... :o

CurlyNinja
April 25th, 2008, 01:01 AM
Found the first at age 12.

Now I am almost 21 and they are exploding out of my crown and I keep finding new ones that have been hiding. I'm a little excited and a little scared, but such is life. My mom's father was totally gray by age 25.

lynnala
April 25th, 2008, 01:33 AM
Late 20's. Lot's of white by mid-thirties, but it runs in my family. It's the Welsh side.

Katze
April 25th, 2008, 02:23 AM
mine only started coming after 9/11 - I was 28 at the time. After getting acupuncture and changing my diet to deal with the severe trauma and depression I was dealing with, they all but vanished, only to come back with a vengeance this last Fall, due to the stress of a new job.

I like the way my silvers look a lot, but there is that weird feeling of "oh, I'm not a kid anymore, am I..."

In total I have probably 50 of them coming through in a stripe at the left side of my forehead.

Tap Dancer
April 25th, 2008, 04:11 AM
I found my first white hair when I was 16 (one month before my birthday). I remember because my grandfather had just died. I came home from the wake and was combing my hair. There it was... I didn't start coloring until I was 22.

paper
April 25th, 2008, 04:14 AM
Late 20's. Not much more in my 30's. And, I've gotten alot more last couple years.

DavidN
April 25th, 2008, 04:17 AM
Although I can hardly claim to have gray hair right now, I do have quite a few "racing stripes" in my ponytail, and have noticed more and more natural silvers coming in all the time. I am not sure exactly when I first noticed gray hairs, but it seems to have been when I was around 40, and those were in the temple area.

TammySue
April 25th, 2008, 04:24 AM
I think I was about 26 when I first started to notice the silvers coming in. I dyed for years and years and finally got tired of it. Now I am now embracing my silver tresses!

DavidN
April 25th, 2008, 04:31 AM
And I am so glad that you are embracing your silver tresses, Tammy, and they are so beautiful!:flowers:

Silver & Gold
April 25th, 2008, 05:05 AM
I was 20 and so was my oldest son when we found our first gray hair.

n3m3sis42
April 25th, 2008, 05:39 AM

Because, I was amused to find 4 white hairs today. They are all under 4 inches, but one is awfully close. I journaled about it earlier. I'm not upset about it. They are kinda like my pets now. I play peek-a-boo with them in the mirror.

I found my first 2 or 3 when I was only 19 or 20, I think. I'm 31 now, and I doubt have more than 10 now (but they're noticeable to me because they are all on top of my head). For some reason, my brother who is 3 years younger than I am has a LOT more than I do. I do dye over mine with henna, not because I am scared of them but because most of the people I work with are on the young side and I'm concerned about seeming "old". Maybe that seems silly to some people, but it makes me happier. Plus, henna is pretty. Although when I start having a lot more whites and want to grow out to all-white, it will be a two-tone nightmare.

Strangefire
April 25th, 2008, 05:50 AM
I noticed my first white hair when I was 24. Now I'm 28, and I have about ten of them that are noticeable, all near my forehead. I think they're neat. :)

eadwine
April 25th, 2008, 06:01 AM
My first at 34, they haven't yet expanded though

Stevy
April 25th, 2008, 06:06 AM
I did have one that started growing last year, but it got to about four inches and then fell out! I haven't noticed any more since.

MemSahib
April 25th, 2008, 06:09 AM
Early 30s. I had only a few and really looked quite brown until in my mid 40s I had a wonderful streak of silver right across the top and down the side of my bob. I loved it. It is basically starting in the top center of my head and moving downward.

TammySue
April 25th, 2008, 06:45 AM
And I am so glad that you are embracing your silver tresses, Tammy, and they are so beautiful!:flowers:

Thank you so much, David!! :inlove:

Anje
April 25th, 2008, 07:29 AM
Found my first one (full-length, at that!) when I was 12. Pulled it out!

I'm realizing that I've truly faded my henna line, because I can find ~5" of gray on the few that I have, but I don't notice a line of demarcation any longer. But at 25, I still have maybe a half-dozen grays I'm aware of, all on my crown. I'll probably eventually end up with a skunk stripe like my mum has.

Oh, DavidN, I like your racing stripes!

Altocumulus
April 25th, 2008, 07:42 AM
I found my first grays two years ago (age 37). I still have only a few...my family tends to go gray late. I like them and look forward to having long, gray hair one day.

Sarahmoon
April 25th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Found them a few months ago. It could be they were already there before but I didn't notice.
I don't like it, because they are white. It contrasts too much with my natural brown colour. I pulled out a few, but now I just leave them as long as they are covered by brown hairs and I hope it will take some years before it gets noticeable.
I was hoping to get a nice dark shade of grey like my mom has, not white... I just can't imagine myself with such light hair :(

Maybe I shouldn't worry. I remember a hairdresser saying I had a few pigmentles hairs when I was 10 or so and those never got noticeable to other people either.

rubyann
April 25th, 2008, 08:03 AM
I noticed my first silvers at 37, when I quit coloring due to pregnancy. I no longer color at all and have noticed more silvers, but not more than 10 or 15 scattered over my head. I like them. :D

Cichelle
April 25th, 2008, 08:06 AM
In my thirties, after I became a mother.

Bonny
April 25th, 2008, 08:14 AM
Can't remember when I got my very first one, but I started getting a white streak at my right temple in my late teens/early twenties. That streak was the only gray I had until my late thirties.

tiny_teesha
April 25th, 2008, 08:22 AM
AJoyfulNoise----"I play peek-a-boo with them in the mirror."

You are so cute!!!! hehe. Yeh i have 1 i know its whereabouts and i think i've seen 3 more flicker around, there are probably another 2 that i have no idea exhists, but it is likely...lol. I don't pay TOO much attention to my hair to know this. The famous one is in my fringe nad i indigoes it ( i wanted blue hair) and it didn't work :(

Melisande
April 25th, 2008, 08:34 AM
I'm 44, and I noticed a gray streak around the temples c. two years ago. I box dyed it. I always thought I'd embrace gray hair etc but it seems I do have a problem with getting older. I admit it, it's not easy becoming "invisible"... I don't feel old but I also don't feel young any more.

So for now, I use natural dye (hendigo et al.) to cover it. The box dye destroyed my hair, a lot of temple hair broke off and I hated the smell and the feeling. Natural dye is wonderful, it strengthens my hair. I also like becoming a bit more ginger than I was. I always wanted to try it and it suits me well.

I hope one day I'll be able to be a proud gray head. Have to work on that one.

Blueglass
April 25th, 2008, 08:50 AM
The spring after I turned 34.

teela1978
April 25th, 2008, 09:25 AM
I found my first one (or it was pointed out to me) when I was about 15 or 16. They're far more plentiful now, I'm not sure when exactly they came in as I was dying my hair a lot of odd colors in my 20s... but I now have some barely there "racing stripes" as DavidN put it. I personally don't like them much, but I hate dying my hair. So I think they're here to stay for now.

willowcandra
April 25th, 2008, 09:57 AM
24-I had a couple.
at 26 1/2 I got vitiligo now I have many:D.

eresh
April 25th, 2008, 10:01 AM
I'm 32 and just a few weeks back notices a grey hair on my temples, some of the long hairs have colorchanging patches when I look at them in the bright light, maybe they are gradually going grey now too.

LOL I see what you mean about peek a boo in the mirror

mira-chan
April 25th, 2008, 10:11 AM
The first white hair was found on my head when I was 12. Now I have close to 20, most of them in a streak about an inch from the hairline to the right of my natural part. Mine are pure white and coarse, may actually be thicker than the darker hair. The contrast and are very visible when parted so that they show.

lavenderblue
April 25th, 2008, 10:22 AM
in my early twenties, now I'm 37 and I have quite a lot of them so thank god there's henna!:D

Patrycja
April 25th, 2008, 10:33 AM
I started seeing a few when I was about 24.I saw a big ol streak about a month or so ago.No....that's not the reason why I dyed LOL

SurprisingWoman
April 25th, 2008, 11:08 AM
My mother actually found my first when I was four! :)

I first colored my hair in 1993, when my stylist was doing a perm and finally noticed how many silvers I had and offered a "reduced price" color since I was already getting a cut and a spiral perm. I had a lot of comments on how "shiny" my hair was before that day.

I noticed my grow out line was getting more gray over time but continued coloring until Jan 2004. You can see my transition in my photo album.

I understand the comment someone made about not wanting to become "invisible." I am glad I quit coloring and embraced my gray but the hair compliments did change radically from young people "loving my hair and loving the color" to older ladies being the only ones to comment now.

My ex did recently see a picture of me when he was at my daughter's house and he did ask "what the h*ll your mother did to her hair" and he was almost in shock that I was so gray. I almost wish I had been there to see the look on his face! :p

I love my hair and I would never go back.

Brenda

Rain
April 25th, 2008, 11:11 AM

I was in my early 20s when I found my first one. It is totally normal. You just don't see it on people because most women dye their hair but it isn't like you suddenly wake up one day and have a full head of whites. They start early and sneak up on you gradually.

Treecrown
April 25th, 2008, 11:30 AM
a few in my early thirties, then BAM, cropping up everywhere shortly after I met my DH ;-)

I'm adjusting to the idea of using henna...my mom is a redhead and I have somewhat similar coloring, so it's all right. But as soon as my husband develops a bald spot like his older brother's, I plan on transitioning to natural grey. Hopefully by then I'll have enough that it will look striking rather than dull...

ole gray mare
April 25th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Not sure. Had a few in my early teens. Then at age 20, I had my son, and it started graying faster. I started dyeing at age 22 and stopped at 27. I truly do like my silver hair!

Rustella
April 25th, 2008, 12:18 PM
In my thirties, after I became a mother.

LOL! That's it, blame it on the kid. I do the same thing. :D

lyneya
April 25th, 2008, 12:28 PM
At 13 I noticed a group of WHITE hairs that all grew out of the same area in my part. When I was 13, it was cool. By early 20s, I had a noticable streak if I wore braids, but colored a lot. By late 20s, I found a few at my temples. Now, at 32, it kind of depends on where I part my hair, but that streak is much bigger...and has spread to mixing with the rest of my head.

We go silver early in my family. My mother and grandmother started coloring by 30. I started younger, but mostly for fun. It wasn't until I was pushing 30 that I started coloring to cover grey. Now I go through an annual "I'm going to quit coloring and embrace my grey". Which usually fails.

Rustella
April 25th, 2008, 12:29 PM
I think I was in my early 30's; I'm now 37. I'm about 5-10% grey now. I used to pluck those few back then. I also used to always say "I'll never color, I don't care about going grey." How naive was I?! Actually it probably wouldn't bother me so much if they were scattered, but instead I have the racing stripe. It falls right on my natural part, which is on my right side due to a cow lick. It could not be more noticable. Now I'm looking into henna. Henna sounds so much more appealing than reality.

Euphony
April 25th, 2008, 12:54 PM
24, ugh that was a rough birthday, that was the day I kind of flipped out on my drive to school because I also found my first eye wrinkling that day.

Now I'm 37 and have the beginnings of a big silver spider smack dab on top of my head. Why can't I grey like most people do? Once I notice more though I plan to quit using henna and let the greys come through.

khyricat
April 25th, 2008, 01:12 PM
I've been greying since I was a teen.. and coloring just as long.. first with henna, at moms encouragement, then I moved to the midwest in '92 and couldn't get it easily and used commercial dyes, first permanents, and then later semi permanents and now I'm back to BAQ henna... I plan to let it go natural in a few years... once I am done with school and have a job in my new field... I figure once there is more red than dark in front (I went grey from the back front, but my hairline is starting to get bad), then I'll gradually stop hennaing, so I don't have a solid line of demarcation... and let ti grow out.. the start black and white contrast right now isn't something I enjoy... mom basically did the same, but she was older... my paternal grandmother had a white streak at 16, and by the time she was mid 20's was mostly white- my sister took after her, I started going grey as young, but the front seemed to stay dark while the back wasn't which led to a black canopy (now greying itself) over white, now its starting to catch up....

Amie

willowcandra
April 25th, 2008, 03:11 PM
My mother actually found my first when I was four! :)

I first colored my hair in 1993, when my stylist was doing a perm and finally noticed how many silvers I had and offered a "reduced price" color since I was already getting a cut and a spiral perm. I had a lot of comments on how "shiny" my hair was before that day.

I noticed my grow out line was getting more gray over time but continued coloring until Jan 2004. You can see my transition in my photo album.

I understand the comment someone made about not wanting to become "invisible." I am glad I quit coloring and embraced my gray but the hair compliments did change radically from young people "loving my hair and loving the color" to older ladies being the only ones to comment now.

My ex did recently see a picture of me when he was at my daughter's house and he did ask "what the h*ll your mother did to her hair" and he was almost in shock that I was so gray. I almost wish I had been there to see the look on his face! :p

I love my hair and I would never go back.

Brenda

I love your hair too.:D very pretty. I have seen someone with classic length silver hair and it was stunning.

I don't understand why it has to be a sign of age. clearly many of us change colour at a young age. (mind you looking at the way older people are treated nowadays who would want to identify with any aspect of it. such a shame :-(.)
(I know my situation is a bit different but people just see it as grey on me. It's actually soft pure white hair in a big patch. My greys are sparkly silver strands and are underneath. They look pretty when the light hits them.)

Kunzang
April 25th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Noticed a few in mid-30's. Now many have started growing out of my crown, and they are thick and wiry - definitely a different texture. I wonder if all my hair will be like that.... anyone else have this happen?

Eden Iris
April 25th, 2008, 04:50 PM
At age 25 I found my first white hair (no grays), but, like Katze, I've had them come and go with stress and hormonal changes. I noticed a handful a few months ago and thought I'd henna them (not to hide them -- just thought it would be fun to have some copper or strawberry blonde), but by the time I got around to seriously considering buying some henna, they were gone!

I'm sure they'll be back some day. They're kind of pretty, really, and, yes, kunzang, much coarser than the rest of my hair.

SchnauzerMom
April 25th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Other people started pointing it out to me when I was in my early 30's. They thought that I was putting highlights in my hair.

harpgal
April 25th, 2008, 04:58 PM
I was 42 when I found my first white hair. However, I'm sure there were many and I just happened to have stumbled upon the one. At my present age, they are sprinkled in everywhere and I think they are very beautiful.

angelthadiva
April 25th, 2008, 06:48 PM
I was in my early twenties, I'm 35 now and my temple and crown area is loaded w/white hairs...If I were patient enough, I'd just let them grow in...

bruteforcegrl
April 25th, 2008, 07:13 PM
I got my first greys in my late teens. They seemed to disappear until my mid twenties. They really started picking up steam in my late 30's when I began to color for a while. Went cold turkey from coloring about seven years ago. Working towards a Cruella DeVil thing with most of the whites on one side in the front.
bfg

Mely
April 25th, 2008, 07:15 PM
I don't remember when I noticed my first greys -- probably in my forties. I still don't have terribly much grey. My dad never went completely grey (he died at 80).
My mom went grey early and dyed her hair for years. It looked a lot nicer after she let it go white (even though she had the poodle-style that was fashionable for her generation).

I have never died my hair, and don't plan to. There are some other ladies about my age that I work with and they have short dyed hair--it looks kind of ugly to me. (they probably think my hair is ugly)

If I ever did dye it, it would be to some weird shade like purple or something. I guess I'm just strange.

Naluin
April 25th, 2008, 10:39 PM
I noticed my first grey hair at 19, but it was completely devoid of color, so I figure that it had been there for a year, at least. Recently, I've discovered a couple more.

psvzum
April 26th, 2008, 08:05 PM
I started going grey in my early 20's and by the time I was 30 was coloring my hair to cover them. I think it was easier going grey so young since I didn't associate it with "getting older".

Pat
April 26th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Well, at 42 I have about 10 gray hairs. The first three have been with me for 3 years, almost 4 now. They said hello after I had to put down my dog ... very sad and stressful since she was my baby. I look at those hairs and remember her every morning. I think it was a nice way of giving me something that would remind me of her forever.

Shermie Girl
April 26th, 2008, 08:48 PM

I was about your age when I found my first greys. I was tickled pink with them. :cheese: I dye my hair, but not to cover my greys. I like that they shine through the colour. :D

Blueneko
April 26th, 2008, 09:47 PM
I noticed 2 white hairs when I was about 30. I plucked them.

I now have a gently wavy white hair right in my bangs - I kept it, it is pretty. I just turned 35.

At this rate, it will be a while before I am all grey, but I am excited about the changes. I hope to be all grey/white some day!

young&reckless
April 27th, 2008, 09:10 AM
I am the owner of one4 inch lony grey hair that I found about 6 months ago.

You are not alone.

TofuWarrior
June 5th, 2008, 01:30 AM
I first noticed them at 18 when I was pregnant. They probably started a lot early though as I managed to pluck out about 7 or 8 around my parting. I'm now 36 and about 75-80% grey. I'm in denial though as I dye it all away. I'm thinknig of going blonde (from dark, dark brown) though to allow them to blend in more. Not sure my past waist length hair will bleach so probably just going to carry on as before.

jojo
June 5th, 2008, 08:03 AM
I was in my late 20's, now at 39 ive got about 20 all in my fringe on the right hand side, i love my little greys!

Blueneko
June 5th, 2008, 08:13 AM
I found 1 around 30. I am 35 now and can locate maybe 5, so assume there are 20? :)

My best one is in the bang area and comes out when I side part. It is only about 5 inches long with a wave. I should try to get a photo of it.

Marysmirth
June 5th, 2008, 10:47 AM
I started noticing some in my early thirties. I dyed my hair then so when I finally started growing my hair the tlhc-way, I was surprised I really don't have a whole head of greys. I love the silver! What's nicer is I'm ready for them. And let me tell you, I earned every single one!

frizzinator
June 5th, 2008, 11:00 AM
I cannot remember, probably mid-30's.

flapjack
June 5th, 2008, 01:08 PM
When I was 18-19, I was having a bad year with school and life in general, so I ended up with about some completely white and very coarse/thick hairs. I liked them, but when I got my health back in line and ate better, they grew in colored at the roots. I still have a couple of them that I can find sometimes and I think it's really cool to be able to see the difference in color and texture on a single hair. I haven't found any since but when I get them in the future from age and not stress/lack of nutrition/depression, I will let them be just the same. I like white hair. As far as I know, my parents and grandparents didn't have much/any until they were in their late forties and beyond. My grandma actually still has red hair with only a handful of white hairs.

I have a friend with black hair and a natural white streak she as born with. It is really cool.

alys
June 6th, 2008, 11:03 AM
It's interesting to see all the different ages and experiences here. I started noticing the nomadic gray hairs when i was in my early 20's. Now at closer to 30, hair at my temples is certainly streaking grey, many of them have gown long enough, (because I stopped puclking them), to be put up with the rest of may hair. I've adapted to them nicely the last year.

wolf girl
June 6th, 2008, 11:31 AM
I noticed my first ones when I was about 20. Now at 31 I am about 25% grey :wail: I'm not ready yet! If it wasn't for that, I would stop coloring. In fact, I didn't start coloring until I was 25 and it was because of all the grey streaks in my hair.

Silver Strands
June 6th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Mid to late 30's.

Siava
June 6th, 2008, 11:57 AM
I noticed a few strands when I was 20. Now that I'm 30 and don't color, I've developed a faint skunk tail in the middle of my crown. I can't wait until I have a head full of silver! I think it's gorgeous. My 12 y.o. daughter has had one lonely gray strand since she was 8. We noticed it when my father died and we told her he passed it on to her. Cute little story and she loves that little gray hair.

peachy.pudding
June 6th, 2008, 01:38 PM
I found 3 when i finished my degree, only i know they are there, as no one else can see them in the bulk of my hair.

I have not had anymore since. My mum did not get any greys till her fortys, and even now she has hardly any and she is approaching 50

Islandgrrl
June 6th, 2008, 02:35 PM
I started noticing greys about three years ago...I was 45. Mostly around my temples, but there are scattered silvers all over the place. Meh.

eresh
June 6th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Very recently, at 32

Morag
June 6th, 2008, 05:47 PM
I didn't get greys until my mid-40s, which is about standard for my heredity. I have lots in my crown now, but not many elsewhere.

Alun
June 6th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Somewhere in my 20s, but with me it has come in very slowly. I have quite a few now, but I use henna. DW doesn't want me to have grey hair, as it makes her conscious that I am 8 years older, and I think my grey hair makes her feel older!! To be honest, I'm not crazy about grey hair either.

DW colours her hair because the colour of her hair changes seasonally, and the different shades show in the length. If she does go grey she is already colouring anyway.

gretchen_hair
June 6th, 2008, 07:34 PM
I noticed my first 3 or so years ago. I have had a total of under 20. I pull them.
I know i shouldnt but i feel the need. Sometimes only the bttom half of the hair is
grey. The root is still brown. ODD>

Flying Betty
June 6th, 2008, 08:53 PM
I have found one so far, about 6 months ago at age 24. Of course, the same day I found my first gray hair I also got asked if I was still in high school so I'm really not worried about aging at all yet!

My mom's family goes gray quite late, but my hair is the only part of me that doesn't take strongly after her so who knows when I'll wind up getting more?

Mrs_Zombie
June 6th, 2008, 09:01 PM
When i was 15 i had what i THOUGHT was a white/grey hair. My friend then proceeded to pull it out while i wasn't looking. Turned out to be blond. LOL.

I believe i actually got my first grey/white/silver hair maybe 3 years ago. So i was about 23. I also have about 4, maybe 5 now. I try not to pull them out because i eventually would like to be completely silver (when the time comes), but my hair is naturally a dark ash brown, so they're really noticeable, and hence look weird.

Oh well, i guess i'll spare the next one i see in honor of you AJoifulNoise :D

Morag
June 6th, 2008, 09:09 PM
I don't think I've ever known anyone who actually counted grey hairs before. At one point I realized there were "some", and later saw that there were "a lot more", LOL!

AJoifulNoise
June 6th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Oh well, i guess i'll spare the next one i see in honor of you AJoifulNoise :D

Haha, I'm sure the hair will thank me! :lol:

I don't think I've ever known anyone who actually counted grey hairs before. At one point I realized there were "some", and later saw that there were "a lot more", LOL!

Well, I've never been called normal (and glad of it!).

1nuitblanche
June 6th, 2008, 09:34 PM
The first one I think was this year--I'm 21.

TofuWarrior
June 7th, 2008, 04:13 AM
How can i cover my grey hair without dark dyes? My hair is really dark brown and I have a plum/brown colour on it - mosly semi perm, but might be some perm down the lengths. My hair is waist/tailbone length. I don't mind chopping it to my shoulders as that is the most flattering length for me, but I would like to go as blonde as possible. Considering my hair is about 75-80% grey that isn't a problem; using dark dye for years is!