PDA

View Full Version : My no-trim promise.

terryn
December 5th, 2009, 10:38 PM
Hey lovely ladies and glamorous gents. I finally have decided on a no-trim promise to myself, after significant amounts of debate.

You see, for those who don't know, I am growing from a faux hawk, so my hair has these insane layers (think growing from pixie + growing from an asymmetrical cut O.o), and I keep going back and forth about trimming. I need to something about the layers I have as keeping them and hoping they just even themselves out is not only highly unlikely, but will make almost any updo impossible. But, if I start trimming now, it will only prolong the awkward phase (as those of you who commented on my last thread about my awkward phase reminded me).

So today, I came to a decision. I am promising myself no trimming until I can get all of my hair into a high pony tail. I estimate that the back of my hair will be about APL by this time, and the front should be at the top of my shoulders or collarbone (that's me being optimistic). I want to wait until this time to set up a trimming schedule for myself, so I am undecided as of yet.

Anyway, I wanted to post this to cement it in my mind and hold me accountable! (lol)

so, there you have it, my no-trim promise to myself.

HildeMV
December 6th, 2009, 01:28 AM
Good for you :)

And good luck with the growing.

I have always managed the "awkward phases" by using clips and stuff like that.

redneckprincess
December 6th, 2009, 06:33 AM
yes and I have 2 more months to go...when I reach it I will probally tack on another 6mo-1yr..but then it will need some trimming

embee
December 6th, 2009, 07:57 AM
There's a No Trimmer group on LHC somewhere.... I recall posting in it once! ;)

You might want to go there and post, there's probably all sorts of encouragement.

I can well imagine that going from a hawk to long hair would be a great layer-challenge, worse perhaps than growing out bangs! :) Good luck with your resolution.

JamieLeigh
December 7th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Wow, good luck! My best friend was growing his out from a similar style, I think he called his a wolf's tail? (long on top, shaved on sides and underside...think Karl Urban's character, Lord Vaako, from Chronicles of Riddick) He gave up when the shaved parts reached jawline, but the rest of his hair was midback. It did look awkward, but cute at the same time. :p

Cheers!!

jel
December 7th, 2009, 11:16 AM
There's a No Trimmer group on LHC somewhere.... I recall posting in it once! ;)

You might want to go there and post, there's probably all sorts of encouragement.

Indeed there is, and the link is in my siggy!

Good luck with your resolution, and I agree with HildeMV, clips and bobby pins are your friends during the 'awkward phase'! :D