PDA

View Full Version : Hair Milestone?

MissManda
December 5th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Okay, so one of my favorite and most practical hairstyles is what I call a double ponytail. For those that don't know what I am talking about, a double ponytail is basically when I put my hair into a half-up, and then I put the rest of my hair (the down part of the half-up) into another ponytail.

Okay so now that you know what I am atlking about, I was putting in my second ponytaill, and the hair tie instantly snapped! I use the Ouchless medium-large ones that are kinda skinny (although I much prefer the thick ones!). I can wrap them two times around my hair easily with it being snug, but I can also get it around a third time, although it is a bit of a struggle. I wrap it a third time to make sure that my hair is extra snug, because even when my hair elastics are tight, my hair is so silky soft that it still likes to slip out.

So I murdered a hair elastic today! May it rest in peace. :)

So can I count this as a hair milestone, or does this happen so often that it's just a normal thing?

RoseRedDead
December 5th, 2009, 07:50 PM
I think you're a hair elastic murder, and that is not normal.

I recommend therapy. ;)

WyrdWay
December 5th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Well if that isn't something that normally happens to you, then it definantly is a milestone! Congrats to your slaughter!

kmangus
December 5th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Definiately a milestone! Especially since your hair is getting thicker :)

little_acorn
December 5th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Congratulations - I regularly murder mine :D, the recoil can really sting your fingers too when it goes twang!!

*Lyric
December 5th, 2009, 08:54 PM
I do it constantly. The worst is when I'm at work and need to have my hair up, but I don't have another hairtie. So I'm forced to tie the hairtie BACK together in a knot, and I'm lucky if it doesn't snap again.

MissManda
December 6th, 2009, 05:56 PM
Congratulations - I regularly murder mine :D, the recoil can really sting your fingers too when it goes twang!!

Yes, that is very unpleasant indeed! :D

So yay for gettng thicker hair! I'm not going to wrap the harties a third time anymore. Ha ha.

squee
December 6th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Congratulations! :)

That doesn't happen to me to often...then again I use leather strips to tie my hair.

Elphie
December 6th, 2009, 07:59 PM
I don't think I've ever murdered one, I have stretched many to the point of being useless and loose. They then live out their final days at the bottom of my hairtie box, never to be worn again. I think death is way kinder, they don't even know it's happening and then *snap*, they're gone.

I'm a fan of the double pony as well, only my half up is usually a braid. I like that style for working out.

JamieLeigh
December 7th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Awesome!! Hair accessories don't stand a chance with us. :D

MissManda
December 7th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Ha ha, I remember when my hair used to eat claw clips. I can't wait for that to happen again.

kinsenka
December 7th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Lol congrats on your milestone!
Makes it all the worth while.