PDA

View Full Version : 28 months of squiggy

squiggyflop
December 5th, 2009, 03:25 PM
in the past 28 months ive trimmed 17 inches.. so keep that in mind when you see that i havent made much progress

well during my first year i made it from shoulder (not yet apl) to waist with 4-5 inches trimmed.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/kidmol/th_year1hair.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v512/kidmol/?action=view&current=year1hair.jpg)
^^^picture fixed! now clickable
during my second year:
november 2008..
after horrible professional trim in september.. (i asked for half an inch and she cut off almost 2 inches) whatever at least my ends were sort of even.. my layers are finally gone.. however my underside grows faster than my canopy so i still have to wait a while before my bleach damage on my canopy grows out..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/kidmol/novemberprogress.jpg
the orange line by my shoulder shows about where my hair was in september 2007..
the second orange line shows about how long my hair would be if i hadnt had to trim off so much hair.. it was my original goal length..
dont be fooled though its nowhere near tailbone.. ive got a long bottom.. my tailbone is like 3 inches from the second orange line..
ok so here is january of 2009
sorry about not putting my hands at my waist i was trying to be casual and not let everyone in the class see that i was using the mac computers to take a picture of the back of me.. sorry its so dark

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/hairjanuary.jpg
i had to trim off 1 inch after a horrible accident involving foam spray insulation..
ETA its a bit past hip when wet.. but its between waist and hip dry
february 2009
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/Photo7copy.jpg
as you can see im very close to hip.. (my hands are at waist)
hip is about 2 inches from waist.. so im only hip on days that my hair is straighter.. its wavy today so yeah not quite hip.. oh i managed to take the picture before class so thats why i was able to do hands on waist..
this picture really shows how unevenly my hair grows.. i no longer have a blunt hemline.. (though it may look more blunt blow-dried straight)
april 2009
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/Photo2-1.jpg
well im a little bit past hip..
ive trimmed an inch since February.. i havent measured lately..not as much progress than would have liked but the trim was necessary..
oh blue line is waist and orange is hip

i ended up trimming 4 more inches (not all at once.. an inch or 2 at a time)
but i did gain some length.. hands are on the top of my hip bones (compare to the photo above where the orange line is)
august 2009
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/hairaugust2009.jpg

again you can clearly see just how unevenly my hair grows.. even with the constant trimming i still end up with layers.. also for some reason my top half of my hair is always straight while my bottom half is wavy.. actually it isnt so much wavy as it is really stretched out spirals.. every single hair has flippy ends.. it drives my crazy.. especially because the ends always end up fluffy and frizzy in their wavyness

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
december 2009
yet another 4 inches trimmed.. i just cant keep up with the damage.. it is only a little bit longer.. you cant see the growth as well because of my lovely braidwaves.. ahhh its nice to have it wavy all the way up but it sure eats up length.. oh and my head is tipped down a bit but whatever.. atleast i got the picture up right?
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/1205091613a.jpg
look at how much faster my underside grows than my canopy.. this pic is a good example of that.. ugh 17 inches trimmed.. if my hair wasnt so fragile i would be about knee length by now.. anyway my hair is inching closer to tailbone now

paisley
December 5th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Wow! Very inspiring. it seems to grow so fast. I love the november 2008 look.

girlcat36
December 5th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Beautiful hair!
Squiqqy, you have the fastest growing hair!

lora410
December 5th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Are you sure your hair isn't iii? Your ends look so thick. I also seem to have to trim to thicken things up. Be glad you are blessed with super fast growth.

little_acorn
December 5th, 2009, 03:44 PM
You have lovely hair :D

JessTheMess
December 5th, 2009, 03:48 PM
Squiggy...I've said it before and I'll say it again. Your hair is so pretty and you are such an inspiration! :flower: Your hair grows so fastttttttt

Clarisse
December 5th, 2009, 04:04 PM
How do you make your hair grow that fast? It's so beautiful - I love the color, and I love the texture! Major hair-envy going on here!

embee
December 5th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Dang. I am full of envy! Not only is it fast growing, but it is *beautiful*! Wow. Way to go, squiggy! :)

nph
December 5th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Wow, your hair is really pretty, great growth and I love the color.
Thanks for the picture history

melrose1985
December 5th, 2009, 05:56 PM
WOW! your hair grows to fast! the color is great!

Shermie Girl
December 5th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Wonderful progress, Squiggy. You have lovely hair. :D

karli
December 6th, 2009, 02:10 AM
I love your colour an it looks really soft. My underlayers grows faster as well, but not at your interstate speed.

Medievalmaniac
December 6th, 2009, 06:20 AM
It looks great, seriously. Congratulations!!!!

bigmama8
December 6th, 2009, 06:26 AM
Your hair is awesome! I wish mine would grow that fast.

windinherhair
December 6th, 2009, 07:11 AM
Your hair has grown so much, even with all the trimming. Beautiful!!

RavennaNight
December 6th, 2009, 07:20 AM
Love seeing your progress! You have such thick pretty hair. Happy growing!

Vrushali
December 6th, 2009, 07:32 AM
Dang! You grow FAST!! Your hair is lovely sqiggy!:)

squiggyflop
December 6th, 2009, 07:51 AM
paisley, acorn, embee, nph, melrose1985, karli, Shermie Girl, Medievalmaniac, bigmama8, windinherhair, RavennaNight, Vrushali: thanks:cheese:

Beautiful hair!
Squiqqy, you have the fastest growing hair!
oh i dont think its that fast.. seems slow to me.. but im sure it seems slow because of the trimming

Are you sure your hair isn't iii? Your ends look so thick. I also seem to have to trim to thicken things up. Be glad you are blessed with super fast growth.
nope im ii. just about 3.25 inches.. not very thick.. you are getting tricked by my hairs fluffyness..

Squiggy...I've said it before and I'll say it again. Your hair is so pretty and you are such an inspiration! :flower: Your hair grows so fastttttttt
lol thanks

How do you make your hair grow that fast? It's so beautiful - I love the color, and I love the texture! Major hair-envy going on here!
um i do eat a ton of protein.. mmmmm steak.. i eat a meat and grain diet mainly.. no veggys.. i get sick when i eat most veggys.. so i dont eat them..

tangocurl
December 6th, 2009, 08:07 AM
:agape: Amazing amount of growth in such a short period of time!

lil_irish_angel
December 6th, 2009, 08:12 AM
:cheese: Its has been wonderful to see the Monstrous growth in the 28 months, I remember when I joined the LHC how your hair was... Brava

Redheaded Raven
December 6th, 2009, 08:15 AM
Very pretty :cheese: squiggyflop

GoddesJourney
December 6th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Yes. Yes, I see. Very little progress....NOT! You're a fast grower and your hair looks great. Your ends are nice and thick. Nice.

Pixna
December 6th, 2009, 09:26 AM
It's wonderful to see your progress, Squiggs -- thank you for posting this retrospective! Your hair color, length, and texture are absolutely LOVELY!!!

lapushka
December 6th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Great progress & BTW I love your flippy ends. You got some nice waves there! I know how unruly waves can be. LOL.

kimannabella
December 6th, 2009, 09:41 AM
It looks so very healthy

jojo
December 6th, 2009, 01:35 PM
DANG! your growth is just phenominal (sp) and I agree your hair looks like a iiii wonderful hair!

squidgetroo
December 6th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Your hair is just gorgeous! Your hair = my ultimate goal someday! :D

hanne jensen
December 7th, 2009, 04:33 AM
Your growth rate is fantastic! mind sharing some of your secrets?

JamieLeigh
December 7th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Love your avatar! :D

And LOVE your hair! You've definitely made a lot of progress, and it looks fantastic! :crush: Happy 28 months! :)

LittleOrca
December 7th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Bless me with your hair growing speed, oh great one!

:D Seriously though, lovely hair!

Tressie
December 7th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Miss Squiggy! You have some seriously gorgeous hair going on! As has been said, but it bears repeating, your hair grows so fast............you can afford to trim! (o:

Thanks for sharing your pics of your beautiful hair growing journey. I really like your red coat, isn't it? (January '09 pic).

spidermom
December 7th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Terrible, awful, horrible; your hair grows so terribly fast! I'm awfully jealous; isn't that horrible?

squiggyflop
December 8th, 2009, 09:58 AM
tangocurl, lil_irish_angel, Redheaded Raven, GoddesJourney, Pixna, kimannabella, lapushka, JamieLeigh, jojo, squidgetroo,
thankyou all

Your growth rate is fantastic! mind sharing some of your secrets?
um i eat alot of protein.. alot.. way more than anyone else you know.. hmmm keep it up almost all the time (i do this out of lazyness and to avoid tangles, lazyness because i can pass of greasy roots as hair gel if i slick it back just right).. hmmm i use dandruff shampoo alot.. but i clarify almost every time i was my hair.. monistat occasionally.. i use a wood bristle brush (its more gentle on both my scalp and my hair).. i dont really think these are secrets.. during the first year i was taking natrol skin hair nails vitamins plus a centrum every day.. i ended up with 2-3 inches of growth per month while taking them.. thats how i went from not even apl to bsl in like 2 months and then to waist in like 6 months.. i ended up chopping it back to bsl though (weird ends)..

Bless me with your hair growing speed, oh great one!:D Seriously though, lovely hair!
lol this one made me laugh.. thanks

I really like your red coat, isn't it? (January '09 pic).
yup thats my red coat.. got it at walmart for like 25$.. the down keeps me toasty warm

Terrible, awful, horrible; your hair grows so terribly fast! I'm awfully jealous; isn't that horrible?
lol yes but it splits off as fast as it grows lol

DarkChocolate
December 8th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Your hair is so pretty:) Your ends look full and I love your color:)

WyrdWay
December 8th, 2009, 10:56 AM
I love to look at your progress pictures so much ^_^ I'm a recovering hair dye addict and you are such an inspiration! Your hair is beautiful. :bowtome:

squiggyflop
December 10th, 2009, 06:45 AM
Your hair is so pretty:) Your ends look full and I love your color:)
thanks:D.. actually i have quite a bit of taper luckily ends fluff up and its not as obvious..

I love to look at your progress pictures so much ^_^ I'm a recovering hair dye addict and you are such an inspiration! Your hair is beautiful. :bowtome:
thank you.. yeah it took me almost a year to get over dyeing my hair all the time..