PDA

View Full Version : Yipee first dutch braid ever!!!!!

little_acorn
December 5th, 2009, 02:02 PM
I finally have mastered the dutch braid thanks to several Youtube videos including Torrins :flower:. Next stop the crown braid - eeek!

Anyway here's a pic for you (I know a pic or it didn't happen), you just have to excuse the sleep scrunchie and pyjama top!!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3744&pictureid=56885

lapushka
December 5th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Nicely done! Congratulations!

elianne
December 5th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Your braid is beautiful!!! :) :) :) Congrats! The Dutch braid was really hard for me to learn... it always felt like my fingers were bending in funny ways and my elbows were flying in the air haha. I can't wait to see your crown braid next ;) I bet it'll be gorgeous!

KarpatiiSiv
December 5th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Well done, great dutch braid. http://yoursmiles.org/msmile/girls/m04121.gif (http://yoursmiles.org/m-girls.php) Will be watching out for the crown braid pics!:D

Gumball
December 5th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Expertly done! Congratulations!

starlights
December 5th, 2009, 02:33 PM
its looks fab!!! well done :)

Tangerine
December 5th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Well done! :D

pdy2kn6
December 5th, 2009, 02:44 PM
looks great, love the colour too!

rags
December 5th, 2009, 02:53 PM
Very well done! I too just mastered this braid - it would only be about a third as thick as your beautiful thick braid though!
Very pretty!

little_acorn
December 5th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Very well done! I too just mastered this braid - it would only be about a third as thick as your beautiful thick braid though!
Very pretty!

Yipeee we can celebrate together Rags :cheese:

I just attempted a crown braid - seriously wonky and floppy but I made it all the way round, though I think it converted to a french at one point LOL!!:rolleyes:

HoneyBun
December 5th, 2009, 06:19 PM
Very nicely done -- a great accomplishment!

Konstifik
December 6th, 2009, 03:50 AM
That's so pretty! :D And good luck with your next braid!

hmmm
December 6th, 2009, 04:08 AM
It looks amazing! Very thick too.

windinherhair
December 6th, 2009, 07:16 AM
Great job!! It just looks like you always knew how. :)

Gypsygirl
December 6th, 2009, 07:38 AM
Beautiful- good job! :)

gnegirl
December 6th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Very nice, congratulations :)

Redheaded Raven
December 6th, 2009, 08:20 AM
Your braid is so very beautiful:cheese:

Firefly
December 6th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Nice job! That's one of my favorite braids. :)

GoddesJourney
December 6th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Well, it looks great. I think a lot of us have learned many cool techniques from torrinpage's little tutorials including myself. By the way, your hair is so thick! I love it.

rags
December 6th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Yipeee we can celebrate together Rags :cheese:

I just attempted a crown braid - seriously wonky and floppy but I made it all the way round, though I think it converted to a french at one point LOL!!:rolleyes:

Yep! Dancing cheese for all! :D :cheese::cheese::cheese:

You'll get the crown braid, I'm sure! When I started learning the Dutch, I kept changing to a French and then back again. It makes a hilarious looking braid!

little_acorn
December 6th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Yep! Dancing cheese for all! :D :cheese::cheese::cheese:

You'll get the crown braid, I'm sure! When I started learning the Dutch, I kept changing to a French and then back again. It makes a hilarious looking braid!

LOL my DH looked at my attempt and said whats that?? Wih a look of horror on his face. So I guess it was a pretty poor job of a Crown braid LOL!!! Maybe I should try hair taping first...

OleanderTime
December 6th, 2009, 05:42 PM
OoO very pretty, so nice and thick. I really like your hair color, too.

Keildra
December 6th, 2009, 08:49 PM
congrats, my dutch is ending up too loose so I'm not posting a pic until I get it better

Backliteyes
December 6th, 2009, 09:00 PM
How awesome, congratulations!

I need to start working on my braids, I can't do anything on myself except a simple braid. :(

Sissy
December 6th, 2009, 09:02 PM
your hair and braid looks very beautiful... fantastic job!

ericthegreat
December 6th, 2009, 09:20 PM
That is an amazing Dutch/French braid little acorn! And you NEED TO show us more pics of your hair, I had no idea your hair was so full and thick! I mean I know you listed yourself as ii/iii, but still to actually see how the dear Lord has blessed you with so much wonderful hair. Don't you dare feel jealous of me at all, I may have sleek straight locks, but I could never hold a natural curl the way you can!

yellowchariot
December 6th, 2009, 10:08 PM
I finally have mastered the dutch braid thanks to several Youtube videos including Torrins :flower:.

That looks awesome! I wish my mohawk braid was that thick! :thumbsup:

+1 on Torrins youtube vids, as well as others! I learned a lot just by watching over and over, and practicing.

little_acorn
December 6th, 2009, 10:46 PM
Aww thanks everyone - you guys are just lovely :flowers:

Maybe we need a braid support thread for all those like me who struggle to do their braids! All I can say is thank goodness for all those great tutorials on YouTube made by some fantastic LHCers!!!

Auryn
December 6th, 2009, 11:10 PM
It looks great! My first attempt (at age 11) at a French Braid was actually a Dutch braid and I braided it that way for several months until I got the French Braid down and have been able to switch back and forth when I need to :)

I seem to prefer Dutch braids for sports/outdoorsy stuff and French braids for more dressy occasions.

little_acorn
December 7th, 2009, 01:01 AM
It looks great! My first attempt (at age 11) at a French Braid was actually a Dutch braid and I braided it that way for several months until I got the French Braid down and have been able to switch back and forth when I need to :)

I seem to prefer Dutch braids for sports/outdoorsy stuff and French braids for more dressy occasions.

I used to french braid all the time and then didn't for years until Yellow chariot inspired me to have a go and low and behold I could still do it :cheese:. Though my french braids always do that loose thing at the bottom!!

But I have never mastered the dutch braid - until the magic of YouTube tutorials :D

I just watched one on the fishtail braid and I think I might try that one tomorrow :eyebrows:

JamieLeigh
December 7th, 2009, 09:38 AM
That looks awesome! Much better than my first attempt, lol. :D

Vijikanth
December 7th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Thats what I would call a perfect dutch braid. I'll also post a neat braid very soon that my hair has got little smooth and soft now with the length. Thanks for the post.

yellowchariot
December 8th, 2009, 02:39 PM
I used to french braid all the time and then didn't for years until Yellow chariot inspired me to have a go and low and behold I could still do it :cheese:.

^ little_acorn, I never expected to inspire anyone lol. I was also trying to learn how to do one at the time I joined the forum. I appreciate your gratitude! :)

Alia
December 8th, 2009, 04:24 PM
That is one lovely dutch braid! Love your hair's thickness and color, too. :flower:

Xandergrammy
December 8th, 2009, 04:46 PM
It's perfect!!! Congratulations!!!

kmangus
December 8th, 2009, 05:23 PM
What a wonderfully thick braid!! Kudos! :)

Cat Lady
December 8th, 2009, 09:42 PM
That's gorgeous, and so even, all the way down :).

Lara1
December 8th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Congratulations! Very beautiful dutch braid!

jasper
December 25th, 2009, 08:39 PM
To amplify your success, I'm going to jump in on your thread. Here's my first dutch braid (I think) http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4215&pictureid=58560
Never mind that I was trying to do my 3rd attempt ever at a french braid when this was the result. . . :cheese:

DarkChocolate
December 25th, 2009, 09:08 PM
You did a really great job:)

GlamFanatic
December 25th, 2009, 09:19 PM
HOw can I view your braid? I don't see any. (Great artwork though in your link!)

little_acorn
December 25th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Jasper NICE braid - :cheese:

Glamfanatic you need to have 20 posts I think to see pics :D, thanks for the artwork compliment

GlamFanatic
December 25th, 2009, 09:26 PM
How can I see the pics of your work???

little_acorn
December 25th, 2009, 09:29 PM
How can I see the pics of your work???

That's 'cos they are on my personal website that I host separately. They are nothing to do with LHC and the link is just part of my signature. Hope that helps clarify things :)

GlamFanatic
December 25th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Oh rats....I was itching to see what a dutch braid was. Can anyone point me to some basic info about 'co' cone references>...I'm lost about that!

little_acorn
December 25th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Don't worry a few more posts and you can see the pics :D

In the meantime heres a link to one CO thread: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=2898

and this is a link to one on the archived site:
http://archive.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=9367