PDA

View Full Version : hair examined by a newby

starlights
December 5th, 2009, 01:34 PM
I thought to write this on LHC... the other day I was at work... and for the purposes of work they have these old fiche machine (basically its a large microscope).... so my friend was messing about (dont worry no manager saw her, lol) and she pulled a strand of her hair out :confused: put it under the microscope... :confused: i saw it was thin and fragile like a single thin spegetti zoomed large!
so another girl took a strand of her hair, and at least 4 people after including guys did the same thing... and i saw on the machine that their hairs were WEAK, thin, and splits occuring!
so anyway i thought "oooo let me try a strand of my hair...":cheese: and guess what? no lie, it was long, thick, no split, about 3 times fatter and healthier than the other 4 people! :cool:
LHC tips do work, :cheese:!! hehe
Have any of you tried this technique?:poot: i think you should and you will see the difference scientifically between those who use the techniques to those who dont :eyebrows:

Elenna
December 5th, 2009, 01:47 PM
No micro-fiche machine here, but you do have a very good point. That eventually all the good care lavished on our hair makes for stronger and more healthy hair strands.

starlights
December 5th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Yes Elenna, plus it motivates your further because you know your' doing the right things to protect your hair... and the difference may not be OBVIOUS but under the microscope, one can anaylse sooo clearly... im sure u guys have a fiche machine, maybe in the local library :)

halo_tightens
December 5th, 2009, 02:02 PM
That's kind of a fun idea-- I know there's one in the library here!

On the other hand, I'm afraid I would become too paranoid if I did happen to see splits or damage... Hmmm....

little_acorn
December 5th, 2009, 02:05 PM
OOoh I have to try this, I have one in my office :D

starlights
December 5th, 2009, 02:31 PM
haha... yes try little acorn... do try & let me know!!

Carolyn
December 5th, 2009, 03:43 PM
That's pretty cool!

windinherhair
December 5th, 2009, 05:22 PM
I saw a thread on here before where someone had pictures of their hair under a microscope and it was interesting. It was several months ago. That is awesome your hair was in best condition. :thumbsup:

starlights
December 5th, 2009, 07:03 PM
windinherhair, i would love to see that thread you mentioned, lol...

Elainehali
December 5th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Once in a biology class I looked at my hair under the microscope and I saw little particles sticking to my hair.

I think it might have been semi-permanent hair dye that I used a week earlier. Maybe it was dirt though, cause I've never been one to wash every day. :o

rchorr
December 6th, 2009, 12:47 PM
I'm a librarian, and yes, we have film/fiche machines. You can also try it with the magnifiers used by visually impaired people. Both machines will give you a close up look at LOTS of things, LOL!

RCHORR'

Hiriel
December 6th, 2009, 02:36 PM
I saw a thread on here before where someone had pictures of their hair under a microscope and it was interesting. It was several months ago. That is awesome your hair was in best condition. :thumbsup:

It's here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=24889)! :)

Aerith
December 6th, 2009, 04:39 PM
That is so awesome! I'd love to try that! I don't think I'd be too happy with what I saw about my hair at the moment though, lol! :P

Aerith
December 6th, 2009, 04:42 PM
It's here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=24889)! :)

Thanks for that link! That was very interesting to look at. o.o