PDA

View Full Version : Gelatin question

Yedda
December 5th, 2009, 01:04 PM
I remember reading that some individuals at LHC were taking powder gelatin and were seeing some results in getting thicker strands.

So, I went out a bought some, and I tried adding it in yogurt or just in water, but I can't stand the powder texture. I am wondering if it will still be effective if I put it in my oatmeal before heating it up in the microwave. What do you guys think?

Also, for those who use gelatin, how much do you use and how often do you use it?

Thanks!

pdy2kn6
December 5th, 2009, 02:46 PM
I've been taking it for about 3 months now and to be honest I haven't noticed much difference. I never measured density of my hair, but I was hoping to be able to feel the difference (presuming there would be some). I take one teaspoon aday in a cup of blackcurrant cordian with hot water. It dissolves quite easily if you stir it quickly

Tinose
December 5th, 2009, 02:54 PM
What about gelatin would help, anyway? I know my mother used to take it for her nails, but I've never researched why. If it's just protein, there's tastier ways to eat it.

I know my mother drank it in water, but never liked it. Perhaps in jello? You could also flavor it in lemonade and suchlike.

LadyLongLocks
December 5th, 2009, 11:06 PM
Being a vegetarian I stay away from the stuff as it is from the collagen in cow or pig bones, hooves, and connective tissues. YUCK. So many people have no clue what it is made from.

DragonLady
December 5th, 2009, 11:54 PM
Here's my blog post about it: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/blog.php?b=45329