PDA

View Full Version : Best routine for growing hair fast?

Ava711
December 5th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Hello!
I my hair is about halfway down my back right now. I don't shampoo every day anymore, and have started CO washing more often. I brush and braid it every night so it doesn't get tangled, but wear it down during the day. What else can I do to protect and grow my hair longer? Thanks so much! :D

Das Siechtum
December 5th, 2009, 11:35 AM
I just can speak for me, but I rarely wear me hair open (on some special occaisons or on a windy day). During the day I usually wear my hair in an updo or a braid. Since I do that, I have much less split ends.

Clarisse
December 5th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Try to look in the Articles section, search on something like "protect", "split ends", "maximimize growth", or simply browse through some of the other topics - lots of them are about protecting hair, and growing hair longer :)

halo_tightens
December 5th, 2009, 11:45 AM
That made no sense... I apologize!

jel
December 5th, 2009, 11:52 AM
My advice is - don't cut off your growth! :D Check out the No Trimming club link in my siggy.

Also, I would protect those ends a bit more with leave-in conditioners or oils. As it grows longer you may find that you need to put it up more in protective updos - loose hair can rub against your back, chair seats, shoulder bag handles etc., leading to tangling and split ends.

Athena's Owl
December 5th, 2009, 11:59 AM
honestly if you want to grow your hair with all speed, the best thing you can possibly do is commit to wearing it up in a bun for six months to keep your ends protected. bar -none.- i just did absolutely nothing to better the health of my hair for two years due to a very long and deep episode of depression, and the -only- thing i did right was bun it nearly every day. i ended up overshooting my goal length by three inches, and gained nine full inches in length in that time. I can only imagine how much it had been if i'd been babying it and taking care of it the way I had been in 2006.

the key to growning your hair long as fast as you can is to protect the oldest hair you have - the ends - as much as possible. that means buns and updos, and front draped braids to a lesser extent. every day you can not leave it down helps.

Othala
December 5th, 2009, 12:42 PM
I agree with the above and would add the following:

To maximise the growth of your hair, ensure that you eat good quality protein and lots of fruits and vegetables. Eat protein at every meal and at least at breakfast and lunch.

Also, massage your scalp to enhance blood flow to those hair follicles.

starlights
December 5th, 2009, 01:26 PM
As the others have said, updo's are great for preventing splits :) also i found massaging oils into my hair every week has made the hair stronger! so I would advise this :)

Fairlight63
December 5th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Also take hair vitamins, MSM, multi-vit, biotin, garlic, B vit., Omega 3. I have also heard that eating eggs are good for the hair.
drink lots of water.

Jessikinz
December 5th, 2009, 07:25 PM
The best routine doesn't work for everyone. Just try things and see how it effects your hair. If it doesn't work, there are many many other things that will work. It's all about experimenting and trial and error. My routine is very basic and kind of benign neglect. I don't do much with it. I heavy oil once or twice a week before washing. And I try to keep it up as much as I can stand to. There are only 3 or 4 updos that I wear. Do what works for you, because what will work for you, might not work for someone else. :)

Ava711
December 8th, 2009, 07:41 PM
honestly if you want to grow your hair with all speed, the best thing you can possibly do is commit to wearing it up in a bun for six months to keep your ends protected. bar -none.- i just did absolutely nothing to better the health of my hair for two years due to a very long and deep episode of depression, and the -only- thing i did right was bun it nearly every day. i ended up overshooting my goal length by three inches, and gained nine full inches in length in that time. I can only imagine how much it had been if i'd been babying it and taking care of it the way I had been in 2006.

the key to growning your hair long as fast as you can is to protect the oldest hair you have - the ends - as much as possible. that means buns and updos, and front draped braids to a lesser extent. every day you can not leave it down helps.

Thank you! I will try that!

I just made a "sock bun holder" so that will help!
:D