PDA

View Full Version : The bane of Tapioca's existance...

Animeokapi
April 24th, 2008, 06:45 PM
I've been lurking a while without posting, Tapioca dragged me along to the southern California meet up at... some... place. Yeah, I wasn't paying that much attention as she was driving. But it was fun. :P I had been putting off posting anything until I could get a photo of my hair. The camera is right here... my husband's around... I just haven't... which is silly.

So anyway, I'm a friend of Tapioca, also in Southern California. I'm 27 and my hair is nearly to my knees. Short of when I tried to perm it in Junior High, I have done nothing to my hair. It's very dark brown, won't hold a perm (three times. We thinned, we shortened, we did everything right, three days later, straight again. So I figured 'eh. It likes itself as it is.'), and won't hold a curl for more than 20 minutes.

I'm contemplating the box of henna that Tapioca passed off to me and trying to decide if I'm brave enough to mess with this much virgin hair. Of course it's only 113 grams so if diluted enough to get all of my hair how bad can it be? :P

And now I'm done rambling... on this forum at any rate.

Radulfr
April 24th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Good to have you aboard, Animeokapi, and welcome to LHC!

physicschick
April 24th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Welcome! :) If you're thinking about henna, definitely do a strand test before you commit to your whole hair.

Animeokapi
April 24th, 2008, 07:29 PM
The little bit of henna is being prepped right now for the strand test. The sacrificial lamb was a bit of hair at the nape of my neck that always escapes my braids and pony tails. That'll learn it.

physicschick
April 24th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Ah, your first time playing with henna goop. Have fun with it! :)

snowbear
April 24th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Hey, I remember you! Welcome!
(I was the loud one with the pile of hairtoys.)

Rain
April 24th, 2008, 08:03 PM
I remember you too. I was the short one.

AJoifulNoise
April 24th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Welcome to the LHC. :flower: Your hair sounds gorgeous!

zift
April 26th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Oh I remember how my jaw hit the floor when I saw the meet pics. Your hair is utterly amazing:D Welcome on boards:flowers:
Please let us know how the henna test went:)

Animeokapi
April 26th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Oh I loved how the test came out, and it was full strength, and then I started to realize that the pack is 100 grams... and if waist length needs slightly less than 500, I would be having to dilute this a lot... so I'm trying to decide if I can wait long enough to go with Tapioca to get more, or if I'll do the diluted bunch and then if i still want it stronger, do it again with a stronger 'dose'. But I may still chicken out anyway. :D

Piperdiva
April 26th, 2008, 08:22 PM
I remember you! I'm glad you decided to join!

zift
April 27th, 2008, 07:30 PM
I use 600gm of a henna+indigo mixture for my mid-thigh hair ~50". 100g would be enough for just a little bunch of your hair. You can dilute it with a lot of conditioner though.

Shell
April 27th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Animeokapi--welcome! I also remember you from the meet. I think you should use your henna as a gloss; it's a good intro to henna.

Tapioca
April 28th, 2008, 12:10 PM
Eeeek! Oh, fine. We go out to lunch yesterday. Does she mention that she joined up? Noooo. She waits for me to log in on Monday and find this. :p
Can I at least point out that you misspelled "existence"?

Animeokapi
May 2nd, 2008, 08:19 AM
Go ahead. I told you, I have given up on spelling. I have an editor for that.
:p

Tapioca
May 2nd, 2008, 09:46 AM
Yes, but I'm it!

Animeokapi
May 3rd, 2008, 11:07 PM
Okay. So your work here is done.

Here, have a cookie.

... oh man she is going to kill me...

Tapioca
May 5th, 2008, 08:35 AM
I wouldn't kill you. My kid might . . .

And where's that cookie? I expect a cookie!

happylynngilmer
May 5th, 2008, 04:52 PM
hijack
Good job, Tapioca! One longhair at a time....
/hijack

Welcome to the boards, Animeokapi! I'm in CA too, but in the valley. :}

Loviatar
May 6th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Welcome! Your hair sounds marvellous :)

Islandgrrl
May 6th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Welcome, Animeokapi. You & Tapioca are making me sort of still wish I lived in the Inland Empire..... :)