PDA

View Full Version : What to do???

Jennie80
December 4th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Hi.
I have as you see in my avatar picture bleach in my hair and I´m growing out my virgin hair. My natural hair color is light ashblond or something and it looks ugly right now..What should you have done?? Would you go to the hairdresser and color your hair into the same color( the best it can be) or would your grow it out for like many years?? I don`t know what to do..My virgin hair is much better than my bleach hair and if I put color in it I will color my virgin hair to and I don`t know if I should,, I must say that even if my hair is bleach it`s in good shape..No split ends and I micro trims..

Please help me...I`m confused

frodolaughs
December 4th, 2009, 03:07 PM
If you want your hair to eventually be natural, don't dye it. Lots of people have grown out their hair after dying it--there are a lot of options. One option is to grow to a certain length and maintain it there with trims so that you gradually eliminate the dye. You're lucky that your ends are in good shape. You must be taking good care of it.

spidermom
December 4th, 2009, 03:10 PM
I'd just grow it. As a child, my hair always bleached out to a white-blonde from playing in the sun all summer. Then it would look much darker through the fall and winter. I got used to the two-toned look because of that, and it was completely natural until my mother started bleaching it so that it wouldn't look bleached. But that's a whole 'nother story.

Jennie80
December 4th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Thank U for the answers. Yes I hope to be all natural haha..I have very strong hair so I think that`s why I have been so mean to it because I can..I do micro trims but i don`t want too cut it all off at once so I do as you say haha. I think I can stop at waist and just keep it there and wait..wait and grow..
I have to say that your girls and boys in here are fantastic..With out you I wouldn`t get past BSL and right now I got coconutoil in my hair and it is doing good..
Thanx

redneckprincess
December 4th, 2009, 04:16 PM
i just quit coloring...its a bit aquard at first but after about a year (at least mine did) start to blend in better..one thing i have noticed in the last 19 months since my last bleach..it has taken me this long to find my natural color..at first it was REAL dark and almost black looking..now its more of an auburn/redish color..im thinking if you do decide to color it that in a few months you will still see a diffrence in what you thought your color would be and what it is..with the two-tone grown out look..its up to you maybe you wont mind shades that match closer then bleach to natural...personally I like it so I can tell just how long my hair has grown since my last color

Clarisse
December 4th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Dont re-dye it, just grow. If it annoys you a lot, you can cut all the dyed hair off, and get a pixie. Otherwise, I would just grow, and then maintain to get rid og the dye when I reached a certain goal. I got my hair high lighted 2 years ago. Even though my hair i definately in a better shape from about collarbone and up (2 years growth), it blends very well. I'm trimming a bit off of my ends every 3 months. When I reach waist, I will mantain untill my hair is 100% virgin again.

clichepithet
December 4th, 2009, 04:44 PM
I'm right there with you. I'm a natural tawny, and after telling myself I was NEVER going to color it again, I, uh, did. So now I've got roots, and I swear. I'm NEVER going to color it again...