PDA

View Full Version : honey result and making it stick

saf
December 4th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Hi,

since discovering this site last week i have been reading and learning and then i did the honey lightening (honey + 4 times weight distilled water and smashed up cardamon) and wow, I actually have the hair i have been tortoring it into being, for natural. Well not yet really totally, but i can see that with continueing along these lines of care and persuasion i will have.

I have dark blonde hair that i have highlighted in recent years but i suffer from dryness, frizziness and scaley scalp which is periodically very bad.

Anyway, had a trim and did the treatment and then nourished with something i made up and left on for a bit and my hair is definitely lighter and softer and the waves more defined. I'm very pleased and keen to learn more about conditioning and nourishing as i am sure my hair is in bad shape.

I do have one question about applying lightening potion. Sorry if it's obvious or not possible or been covered before....i'm a beginner in this alchemy!! I followed the recipe by weight and ended up with the watery stuff, like tea and my helper put it on with a brush as directed and then poured the remainder over my head from the nape. Would it not be better to just dip the head in a large bowl and then wrap? Or if the potion were less liquid it would be better? I understand protein effects the enzyme reaction but would it be possible to make it more sloppy with something protein free ?

Saf

ktani
December 4th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Hi,

since discovering this site last week i have been reading and learning and then i did the honey lightening (honey + 4 times weight distilled water and smashed up cardamon) and wow, I actually have the hair i have been tortoring it into being, for natural. Well not yet really totally, but i can see that with continueing along these lines of care and persuasion i will have.

I have dark blonde hair that i have highlighted in recent years but i suffer from dryness, frizziness and scaley scalp which is periodically very bad.

Anyway, had a trim and did the treatment and then nourished with something i made up and left on for a bit and my hair is definitely lighter and softer and the waves more defined. I'm very pleased and keen to learn more about conditioning and nourishing as i am sure my hair is in bad shape.

I do have one question about applying lightening potion. Sorry if it's obvious or not possible or been covered before....i'm a beginner in this alchemy!! I followed the recipe by weight and ended up with the watery stuff, like tea and my helper put it on with a brush as directed and then poured the remainder over my head from the nape. Would it not be better to just dip the head in a large bowl and then wrap? Or if the potion were less liquid it would be better? I understand protein effects the enzyme reaction but would it be possible to make it more sloppy with something protein free ?

Saf

I am glad to hear that you got both lightening and conditioning benefits drom your treatment. Both have been reported with the new dilution, which you used. There are various ways the treatment can be applied, including using less water, depending on the honey. the important thing is that the hair be evenly and thoroughly wet while the treatment is on the hair.

Most honeys are more acidic and the new dilution has been reported to work best. Some honeys have a higher pH and less water will work too. I do not understand what protein effect you are referring to. Protein does not affect the enzyme in honey that generates peroxide.

ktani
December 4th, 2009, 06:16 PM
I should have said this first.

Welcome to LHC!

saf
December 4th, 2009, 10:51 PM
oops, posted in the wrong bit. Hello.

I thought i remembered reading somewhere about protein messing things up.....and so would adding an egg not help ?

ktani
December 5th, 2009, 06:31 AM
oops, posted in the wrong bit. Hello.

I thought i remembered reading somewhere about protein messing things up.....and so would adding an egg not help ?

No, protein has nothing to do with it.

ktani
December 5th, 2009, 08:01 AM
You can experiment with the amount of recipe you need and the amount of water with your honey. I would leave the egg out. It may make the recipe harder to rinse out.