PDA

View Full Version : Trimmed and happy

SpinDance
December 4th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Hi folks,

I know a lot of you trim your own hair, but the couple of times I tried I wasn't too happy with the results. So today I went into my local shop and got a very minor trim and shaping, going from straight blunt to slightly rounded hemline. She barely took any length off at all, just thickened and evened up the hem and gave it this nice barely noticeable curve. The hem looks and definitely feels thicker, and when I put it up in a bun the ends are noticeablely more even and denser.

I'm really happy and wanted to share with people who might appreciate it. :D

myrrhmaiden
December 4th, 2009, 09:51 AM
I've been meaning to get a trim for months, but I'm scared of saying I want an inch cut off and having it translated into what my friend called a hairdresser's inch.(Kind of like a baker's dozen I guess, heheh.) I'm glad you had a positive exchange. A good and respectful hairdresser can be tricky to find.

SpinDance
December 4th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Yes, it can be difficult to find someone who will listen to you who also has good skills with long hair. I've had good luck finding a place/person by doing a one-hour consultation appointment before anything else. Makes it really easy to discuss just what I want, lets them give suggestions and find out about my goals and needs and see if we will be able to work together before scissors are involved.

I'm very happy to have this stylist and will continue to go to her when I need a trim/shaping.

Oh, and I always get a 'bang trim'. ;)

RancheroTheBee
December 4th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Write down their name. Never forget them. Cling to them mercilessly.

I've never really been completely satisfied with any trim I've ever gotten, mostly because I'm so attached to each and every little centimetre of hair. Finding a good stylist is hard, and you're extremely lucky!

SpinDance
December 4th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Write down their name. Never forget them. Cling to them mercilessly.

Oh yes, definitely!

I know what you mean about being attached, but I've found that I enjoy my hair much more when the hemline is nice and it doesn't get snarly when I run my fingers through it. I'm really looking forward to the next few months growth. I just hope the hemline doesn't thin out/fairy tail too much this time.