PDA

View Full Version : Soft Shiny Hair - Whitish Residue on Brush - Help!!!

ratgirldjh
December 4th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Mods - I couldn't figure out the best place for this - since I am not talking about a 'conventional' hair product (maybe herbal?) but if this is in the wrong place please move thanks :)

Hey Ladies!

Recently I found a new soap that I thought sounded good for hair so I've been washing with it and doing a ACV rinse with my home-made basil/rosemary ACV.

I LOVE basil :D

It is Auromere's Tulsi Neem Soap and it's ingredients are: Coconut oil, palmyra oil, water, alkali, castor oil, hydnocarpus (cactus) oil, tulsi (holy basil), neem oil, rice bran oil, rose petals, zedoary, turmeric, fenugreek, psoralea corylifolia (babchi seed) peepal (bodhi tree), alangium salvifolium, costus, Indian sarsaparilla, shiva neem, and hibiscus.

Anyway, I've been using it to wash my hair.

The first time I noticed that it worked great. My hair not only smells wonderful (the smell fades though) but it leaves my hair VERY shiny and soft, smooth and with LOTS of body.

OK

Here is the problem:

When I brush my hair there is white fuzzy things and white waxy stuff on my brush.

I only brush my hair at night before bed and noticed a lot of this white waxy stuff on my MP bristles, and then I used my Tangle Teezer - and same thing.

Is this bad for my hair? It doesn't appear to be building up on my hair.

This is a bar for Vata/Dry skin. Could this be the 'moisturizing' aspect of this bar?

I understand that it may eventually build up on my hair - and I was wondering if I need to worry about it clogging up my hair somehow? Or if it could be soap scum?

Usually coconut based soap doesn't leave soap scum - and it seems to rinse very well from my hands when I use it on them.

I am very confused.

How can soap leave a residue and still make your hair VERY shiny??? It doesn't look like there is any residue on my hair...

Has anyone else used this soap? What were your results and thoughts??? :confused:

kittensoupnrice
December 4th, 2009, 08:14 AM
I had the exact same thing happen with some deep conditioner I tried!
Hair was soft and shiny, but it kept brushing out waxy white stuff. I'm pretty sure the fuzzy white stuff is lint that's stuck to your hair that your brush is pulling out.

I'll have to go check up the ingredients of my conditioner when I get home and compare it to the list that you mentioned. I think mine has coconut oil in it too. I figured at the time that it was because I hadn't rinsed it out properly, or something.

ratgirldjh
December 4th, 2009, 10:35 AM
I have been rinsing very well - but still - this.

Also I have been using an ACV rinse... so this must be pretty 'stuck' on my hair... I did notice that the texture of my hair feels different...

Since this is bothering me so much I guess I should take that as a hint to stop using it :(