PDA

View Full Version : I just did a 4 strand french braid!

Qamar
December 4th, 2009, 06:18 AM
Thanks to Isa et Noe's wonderful site I recently leaned how to do a 4 strand braid. This morning while getting ready for work I decided to try doing one as a french braid and was utterly delighted to find that I can do it! The first few weavings are tricky because its a lot to hold onto and keep track of, but once the strands are well established its quite easy. :D I'll post photos after work since now I really do have to finish getting ready to go.

Next mission is the 5 strand braid. My hair is finally at a length where I have some working room to do these amazing multi strand braids. That makes me a happy camper indeed.:cheese:

JamieLeigh
December 4th, 2009, 09:20 AM
That's awesome!! I can't wait to see! :drama:

SpinDance
December 4th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Congratulations! Can't wait to see the pictures.

Coriander
December 4th, 2009, 12:59 PM
That's great, Qamar!! :)

little_acorn
December 4th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Awesome I'm looking forward to the pics too :D

Qamar
December 5th, 2009, 12:38 AM
Here is my french braided 4 strand braid...my first ever attempt. Its here in full length and closeup views.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=1620&pictureid=56847

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=1620&pictureid=56848

hmmm
December 5th, 2009, 02:30 AM
That's gorgeous!! I can't wait until my hair is long enough to try it... although I'm not sure I'll be able to actually do it. I love it! (And your earrings too, very cool :p)

Peggy E.
December 5th, 2009, 09:00 AM
This is just beautiful! Your gorgeous hair and the lovely braid. Going to see if I can get this to work for me, but may not be able to get my left hand to cooperate.... :o(

Thank you for posting the pics!

squiggyflop
December 5th, 2009, 09:44 AM
wow thats one great looking braid.. i still cant do a regular french braid..

Aditi
December 5th, 2009, 11:27 AM
That's great looking French braid :thumbsup: