PDA

View Full Version : My Next Henna! YAY!

glossyshine
December 4th, 2009, 03:01 AM
Okay, here's my plan: I'm going to precondition with honey and coconut oil, then mix henna with cassia and go for a more golden red color. I've heard cassia can be drying -- is that true?

I've also noticed that henna shows gray roots a LOT faster than conventional dye does. I could go 8 weeks without my roots really being noticeable; with henna, it's 2-3 weeks. Has anyone else noticed this?

The very important thing I didn't consider enough before my first henna was my gray hair. I think of myself as a very dark brown haired person with some gray, and I thought more about the brown hair.

But I have 2 small, completely gray areas right at my temples, and a lot of gray strands around my face and throughout my hair.

Since gray does pick up henna, I now realize I want to pick my color based on how gray hair reacts to henna. (Also, I've been dyeing for so long I forgot how much gray I really have! Premature gray runs in my family.)

I looked on Catherine's pages, and the color I like best for gray is actually henna mixed with cassia.

It seems like that will also be good for the brown parts of my hair; maybe allow me to henna+cassia my whole head a few times without going over into burgundy, especially if I use an 80%cassia/20%henna mix.

So does this sound like a plan? I remain very happy with my henna color, but I see now that I could be even happier, because I actually do have hair that will pick up red and gold color, instead of just hair I can highlight.

Pierre
December 4th, 2009, 06:49 AM
I don't know cassia, but I do have grays. This sounds like a plan. Go for it!