PDA

View Full Version : Blasted long neck!

whiteisle
December 3rd, 2009, 06:31 PM
I'm never gonna reach apl it seems. :rolleyes: It finally dawned on me the reason it's taking so long is because I've got a long neck. I guess that's going to drag out my other goals, too. (growls under her breath)

Ah, the agonies and joys of this journey...........:)

terryn
December 3rd, 2009, 06:44 PM
I'll trade you, my neck is short, and so is the rest of me, lol. I'll probably reach my goals quickly, but now I am starting to wonder if I will be able to do the "waist length" styles when I am waist length, or if my hair will be too short inches-wise. :/

dancingmegs
December 3rd, 2009, 06:47 PM
Oh no, having a long neck is a good thing! Think how gorgeous you'll look with an elegant updo with your swan neck!

I have ridiculously long legs, so getting from classic to knee is taking forever!

JenniferNoel
December 3rd, 2009, 06:55 PM
I enjoy having my long neck! :cheese:
It seems to take forever to reach APL with a long neck, but once it gets there, everything is smooth sailing from there. Plus, when you get to waist length, etc, you technically have more inches of hair. So it's a convenience once it starts to get longer!

missjessiecakes
December 3rd, 2009, 07:02 PM
I'll trade you, my neck is short, and so is the rest of me, lol. I'll probably reach my goals quickly, but now I am starting to wonder if I will be able to do the "waist length" styles when I am waist length, or if my hair will be too short inches-wise. :/

Yeah this is my worry too.

Tressie
December 3rd, 2009, 07:12 PM
OH, terryn, you beat me to it! I was gonna say: "Wanna trade?" (o:

terryn
December 3rd, 2009, 07:21 PM
Oh no, Ms. Tressie, I have dibs!

halo_tightens
December 3rd, 2009, 09:28 PM
I'm never gonna reach apl it seems. :rolleyes: It finally dawned on me the reason it's taking so long is because I've got a long neck. I guess that's going to drag out my other goals, too. (growls under her breath)

Ah, the agonies and joys of this journey...........:)

You and I seem to have the same problem!

I keep wondering these other people I see on here can have 21" hair that's APL or even getting on toward BSL... My danged neck is too long!! I think that's the problem, anyway. Maybe I also have an extra-large head or something too, who knows. Either way, it IS irritating.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=3760&pictureid=53210

Keildra
December 3rd, 2009, 09:34 PM
I have a fairly average neck but I have a freakishly long torso so for me getting from BSL to waist is taking forever. but I have enough inches to do a lot of neat waist length up-dos already so do not fret too much. you'll get there just like I will eventually.

Boudicca
December 4th, 2009, 03:48 AM
A long neck is wonderfully elegant! You're very lucky. Updos will look great on you - very Audrey Hepburn.

Tovah
December 4th, 2009, 04:29 AM
I love thistles!
I have a long neck too and I know what you're talking about. But after it grows to your shoulders, it will take just about as long to get to APL as someone who has a shorter neck. According to your photo, I'd say you're there.

Mine's going to take forever because I have about 15 inches of damaged hair (just about all of it) that will have to be cut off eventually. So I'm starting at a 2 year handicap....but it is a start.

Belisarius
December 4th, 2009, 04:46 AM
I am 6"6' (198cm) and have curly hair, so I have to wait even longer. But what helps me is that I think how beautiful it will look if I do reach that goal. Perhaps that will help you too?

Madame J
December 4th, 2009, 06:11 AM
Heh, I was barely past shoulder length when I joined, and my hair measured almost 20". My neck is freakishly long -- I noticed it again in a picture my husband took for my blog last night. It makes it easier to wear turtlenecks and long earrings, though.

Babyfine
December 4th, 2009, 07:24 AM
I'm very long waisted so waist length will take me for-ever!

Locksmith
December 4th, 2009, 08:18 AM
I feel your pain. While my long neck is fine by me, my long torso is really aggravating me - 35 inches and only waist length! I'll be really impressed if I ever manage to get to classic :(

Canarygirl
December 4th, 2009, 11:19 AM
I've got the long neck thing going on too. I'm finally at 19" and am only at shoulder length.

MissMay
December 4th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Me too! I have a long neck and legs - thankfully though, my torso seems to be pretty average, and my waist is high up, so I can cheat those inches later on in this hair journey:cheese:

*evil laughter*

heidi w.
December 4th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Ah, the long neck doesn't add that much.

And long necks are beautiful.

In fact, everyone's beautiful.

heidi w.

Belisarius
December 5th, 2009, 02:34 PM

heidi w.
aww, thanks

hmmm
December 7th, 2009, 08:50 AM

heidi w.

I love this post :D

Rentlle
December 7th, 2009, 09:00 AM
I love this post :D

me too, realy...

I have a long neck too :)
And, like the others said: when you reach APL, you will have more cm'ers, and maybe you'll be able to do more styles then other's on the same lenght.. :) (I am :lol: , @ bsl)

I understand it is frustrating, but just hold on, you will reach it, and then you'll be twice as happy because that part of hair-growing-difficulties-and-angers are over :)