PDA

View Full Version : What to do when you look better short??

Toadstool
December 3rd, 2009, 12:27 AM
Query: what would you do if you looked much better with short hair yet you hankered after long?
I'm genuinely interested in this!:)

Gumball
December 3rd, 2009, 12:29 AM
I'd say do what you want to do. If you like long hair then that's what you should go for.

Kris Dove
December 3rd, 2009, 12:31 AM
Is it because the face framing layers of shorter hair are more flattering? Try growing it but with bangs and layers maybe if this is the case?

LittleOrca
December 3rd, 2009, 12:37 AM
Bun you hair and buy a wig :)

Toadstool
December 3rd, 2009, 12:40 AM
Thank you all for the prompt replies!
But I didn't just mean what should I do, I was also interested in what other people would do if it were them.
krisdove I look better in short hair because it shows off my face and bone structure. Having hair around my face looks dreadful on me.

Kris Dove
December 3rd, 2009, 12:44 AM
krisdove I look better in short hair because it shows off my face and bone structure. Having hair around my face looks dreadful on me.Wearing it up, or tied back with a hairband when you do wear it down, might help in that case?

Wicked Princess
December 3rd, 2009, 12:59 AM
Forgive me for asking, but if, as you say, your hair looks dreadful around your face, how would shorter hair make that effect go away? Longer hair seems more likely to be out of your face, whereas short hair would be more likely to get in your face, wouldn't it? :o

That said, what about longer, facial framing fringe/layers? I had a couple layers of fringe that started at my chin, then grew a bit longer to fall around my collarbone. The look flattered my cheekbones.

Either way, do what makes you happiest! Life is too short for otherwise! :D

SpeakingEZ
December 3rd, 2009, 01:00 AM
Hi..... long-time lurker here.

I had this problem when I was 12..... I had my hair cut at an angle from my eye to my chin. It gave my face the appearance of having short hair, but I still had my locks.

prittykitty
December 3rd, 2009, 01:16 AM
I wish I looked good in shorter hair because it would solve my problem while I am trying to grow it out. The truth is I look terrible in short hair. It makes me look much older than my age and it does not flatter my face. Feathered bangs with layers around my face is what looks best on me but I have naturally curly hair and to wear that style requires curling irons, something I quit using and I am trying to grow my bangs out with the rest of my hair. Even if I looked good with short hair, I would still grow mine long and just wear it back or something.

MissManda
December 3rd, 2009, 01:24 AM
I've had people tell me I look good with short hair. I've had people tell me that I look good with long hair. But since I'm a fine-hair, I keep getting recommendations for layers and shorter cuts because they're "supposed" to look better. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing because I really don't care what others think of my hair.

Although I've had a lot of positive feedback from my friends about my longer hair lately, so that does make me happy.

sneakybea
December 3rd, 2009, 02:35 AM
I don't see any harm in wearing your hair how you want it even if people tell you it's not the most flattering look. People never seem to agree on what looks good and doesn't anyway. You have to go with the hairstyle you like, for whatever reason you like it.

Little_Bird
December 3rd, 2009, 02:39 AM
I know I look more stylish and sometimes I even think I looked better with short hair (looking at older pictures) but I remember I didn't feel as good by then as I feel right now with long hair.

I don't care how it looks on me, I just love long hair, and even if it doesn't make me look prettier, it makes me FEEL prettier... and that's more inportant :flower:

Leneveu
December 3rd, 2009, 02:59 AM
...I look better in short hair because it shows off my face and bone structure. Having hair around my face looks dreadful on me.

Lucky you to have great facial bone structure :flower:

Does pulling all your hair into an updo (with no bangs/wisps) not achieve the same effect as having very short hair? Or are you in the growing-out stages (in which case headbands, scarves etc might be an option)?

Now that my hair is past waist length (and needing to be worn up most of the time), I'm starting to wonder whether mid-length hair might be more flattering for me, since updos can be too "harsh" with my features, and I have slightly prominent ears and a not particularly long neck *sigh*

I am, however, obstinately growing to hip length, or longer. When it gets that long, I'll think about whether to cut.

Clarisse
December 3rd, 2009, 03:00 AM
In my opinion, long hair looks good on everyone, if it is in good condition.
If you like shorter hair, I would cut it off - the most important thing is to do, whatever you like the most.

It shouldn't be any problem to keep the hair away from the face. Braids, ponytails, all kinds of updo's and buns... They are all designed to keep hair out of the way.

Roseate
December 3rd, 2009, 03:20 AM
Thank you all for the prompt replies!
But I didn't just mean what should I do, I was also interested in what other people would do if it were them.
krisdove I look better in short hair because it shows off my face and bone structure. Having hair around my face looks dreadful on me.

I find having my hair up has a similar face-revealing look to a very short cut (pixie or less). I've had both, and both look good on me, but I like having hair. Mid-length shaggy business looks bad on me; it's gotta be very long or very short.

So if I want to show off the cheekbones, the hair goes up. If I want to show off the hair, it goes down. I like choices.

juliaxena
December 3rd, 2009, 03:51 AM
If I looked just a little bit better with short hair, I'd have it long because I like the look of long hair. If I looked considerably better with short hair I'd have it short.

Toadstool
December 3rd, 2009, 03:51 AM
Forgive me for asking, but if, as you say, your hair looks dreadful around your face, how would shorter hair make that effect go away? Longer hair seems more likely to be out of your face, whereas short hair would be more likely to get in your face, wouldn't it? :o

My hair is about half an inch long on top so there isn't enough to get in my face! Apart from a couple of longer strands over my ears.

Toadstool
December 3rd, 2009, 03:55 AM
Does pulling all your hair into an updo (with no bangs/wisps) not achieve the same effect as having very short hair? Or are you in the growing-out stages (in which case headbands, scarves etc might be an option)?

I'm very much at the initial stage having chopped it off into a pixie about three months ago.
I think maybe I would look good with verylong hair but I always end up chopping it when it gets to shoulder length, which is a horrible length on me.
So maybe I'm permanently in the horrible growing it out stages instead of getting it long enough to enjoy it.
I do like my pixie a lot but if I see a film with women with long hair in it I LOOOOOOOOOOONG for it.:p:)

WaimeaWahine
December 3rd, 2009, 04:42 AM
What do you do? Alternate the length or bun it or wear a ponytail.

My facial features are very small and honestly short hair looks far better on me. At some point I'll go short and punkish again and shave it all off again and go completely dye free. NNITO. I've got at least another 40 years on the planet which should be plenty of time to do it all. :)

Toadstool
December 3rd, 2009, 04:48 AM
I don't care how it looks on me, I just love long hair, and even if it doesn't make me look prettier, it makes me FEEL prettier... and that's more inportant :flower:
Little Bird, I really like this :)

linda g
December 3rd, 2009, 04:55 AM
Hi, personally, I think I might look better with short hair. And, like Little_Bird, I feel better in long hair.

I simulate the short hair look by putting my hair up. The growing out stages were rough, particularly chin to shoulder.

MsBubbles
December 3rd, 2009, 05:21 AM
I think maybe I would look good with verylong hair but I always end up chopping it when it gets to shoulder length, which is a horrible length on me.
:)

You can put your hair up once you get to shoulder length, until you get past that stage and can see how it suits you down at that point. If you don't have bangs (fringe) you should be able to pull it all off your face, if that suits you better, looks-wise.

Otherwise, hang around here for lots of long-hair inspiration to get you past the awkward stages!

freckles
December 3rd, 2009, 05:29 AM
I feel that I probably look better with shorter hair. My chin-length bob was pretty flattering on me.

But I've never had very long hair before, and I want it, and I love it. So I'm growing it. Plenty of opportunity to have short hair again whenever I want it, but if I want to see long hair on me I have to wait! So I'll grow it all out and then decide ... :)

Carolyn
December 3rd, 2009, 06:05 AM
Look better according to who? Is someone telling you that you look better with short hair? Or is it you that thinks you look better? I would say that you probably have never gotten used to how you look with longer hair. It takes a period of adjustment to get used to any changes. If long hair makes you happy and you like/enjoy it then that's what you should do.

dearladydisdain
December 3rd, 2009, 06:41 AM
I keep my hair shorter now. I know I look better with layers but no one would ever give them to me when my hair was long. :shrug:

spidermom
December 3rd, 2009, 06:44 AM
Since I wear my hair pulled up and back most of the time, that's pretty close to a very short hair look, which a lot of people have liked on me.

theboredelf
December 3rd, 2009, 06:49 AM
There are other advantages to longer hair, even if you believe you look better in short hair. I have met very few people who, I would say, actually look good with short hair because they have no idea what to do with it, or just give up after a few weeks of having to constantly use product to get the look they want. But it's your hair, so it's your opinion (and lifestyle) that matters.

Bonkers57
December 3rd, 2009, 07:11 AM
I'm in full agreement with sneakybea. What "looks good" is subjective. Even the "experts" can't agree, so I don't pay attention to them.

I'm in the same place you are (Toadstool.) IMO, except for some short fringe, I look better without hair in my face. My eyes really pop when the fringe is cut above the brows.But pulling all my hair straight back looks way too severe for me - all I can see is that forehead! :eek:

On the other hand, I can't see your face, so you might give growing your hair another chance using headbands, clips, whatever.

All in all, it's how you feel about the way you look that's most important. :)

I don't see any harm in wearing your hair how you want it even if people tell you it's not the most flattering look. People never seem to agree on what looks good and doesn't anyway. You have to go with the hairstyle you like, for whatever reason you like it.

Anje
December 3rd, 2009, 07:39 AM
I'm not sure... I imagine I'd wear my hair up a lot if I wanted long and looked better with short.

As is, I look way better with my hair well past my shoulders, and I think I look better with it up than short.

Fethenwen
December 3rd, 2009, 08:12 AM
I find having my hair up has a similar face-revealing look to a very short cut (pixie or less). I've had both, and both look good on me, but I like having hair. Mid-length shaggy business looks bad on me; it's gotta be very long or very short.

So if I want to show off the cheekbones, the hair goes up. If I want to show off the hair, it goes down. I like choices.

Exactly this :)
---
But I also am of the opinion that some people simply do not look good in long hair, they are often those who also don't even like long hair. If one simply looks so much more stunning in short, then I think they should wear it short. Simple as that.

JenniferNoel
December 3rd, 2009, 08:40 AM
Bangs, layers, anything that will frame the face works. I used to have APL layers in the front with waist length in the back (years ago :() and it shaped up my face quite well, instead of hacking off all the hard-earned hair. Good luck!

OleanderTime
December 3rd, 2009, 08:52 AM
Oh, this is DEFINITELY something I've struggled with big time. All my life, in fact. It's a running joke among people close to me that I'm always growing my hair out, yet it's always short. I look much better with short hair, but truthfully, I've never HAD long hair (especially healthy, well-kept long hair) so I'm very excited to see if that can change. I have a lot of "poof" so I think face-framing layers are essential on me, and a big forehead in my opinion, so yes, some sort of wispy bangs, too. What I'm banking on is that my hair will look good long when it grows past that dreaded shoulder-length in between stage. We'll see.

I can't tell you how many times I've felt that I had no choice but to cut my hair. I think I look better with it short, so if I get a new job or something like that, I tell myself, "I have to do what is best for my outward image, doesn't matter what I want" and I cut. The compliments I get from everyone only reinforces this. That's why I'm excited to be here on TLHC and try to make it different this time.

Babyfine
December 3rd, 2009, 09:04 AM
I've always felt I look best with a shoulder length bob-too short doesn't suit me(IMO) as it makes me look like a little head on a big body.
But I love long hair. Right now I have mid-back with face framing layers, which have grown back to shoulder. The reason I'm growing them out is I want a bigger pony circumference,as my hair is so fine, and I'm experimenting with different partings. Lots of people tell me I look better short-but every time I cut my hair I missed my longer hair-so I'm not cutting anytime soon. Plus I like being able to put it up when it's a bad hair day.

I think updos with a fringe would be a good way to mimic short hair with out actually having to cut.
I agree with Jennifer Noels post-make it look short in front, without sacrificing the length.

Leena7
December 3rd, 2009, 09:08 AM
Well, you could always find a long hairstyle with flattering layers. Maybe something along the lines of this. http://www.gossipcheck.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/sandra-bullock1.jpg The layers seem to offer the look of short hair around the face, but the overall length is still long.

Bellalalala
December 3rd, 2009, 09:29 AM
*sigh*

This is me too.
I look really, REALLY good with short hair, in fact, the shorter the better. I've never had it quite pixie short, but close. Pixie would probably look amazing.
Short hair flatters my cheekbones, emphasizes my jawline, shows off my long neck, and makes me look younger.

In high school, I chopped off my very long hair after trying to bleach it from dyed black to blond, and some students actually started a fan club for my short hair because the change was so flattering.

Grr...
I still hate short hair.
I hate it.
Every time I cut it, I'm immediately "growing it out."
I'm just a long hair at heart, always have been. Short hair may look amazing on me, but it's just not "me."

GoddesJourney
December 3rd, 2009, 09:40 AM
So let's talk sex appeal... skirt or shorts? Shorts show off the butt shape. Skirts are breezy and showy. Both show your legs but they each have a different appeal. Your mood decides which is better that day. Clothing and hair are all about putting the focus on one place in exchange for another. That's why there are so many different shapes in the closet. We have clothes that show off waist line on good days and hide it on bad days. Same thing with bust, legs, everything a woman has to offer (physically). It's why we're so beautiful, we have so many things. Pick a feature and show it off today. Tomorrow, pick another. This is even true of men's clothing.

Concerning your hair, I would say grow it out. Try on a wig if you have to to get past the dreaded inbetween stages. Enjoy the journey and see yourself in a different form. There are thousands of beautiful and creative, artistic updos to choose from when you want to show off your face. Talk to an intelligent stylist about layers or bangs if you want to frame your face. When you want to show off your beautiful hair, wear it down. Your face doesn't have to be the center of attention all the time. One day if you get tired of it, cut it off again and grow it out later when you get tired of your pixie cut. Hair grows, it's great.

Spike
December 3rd, 2009, 09:52 AM
I'm very much at the initial stage having chopped it off into a pixie about three months ago.

Ahh, so you're mired in the getting past the awful part. Got it.

I liked my pixie the last time through, and I might still have it if I could have found a stylist who'd cut a Ceasar on a chick. (Mini-rant about how if it's past waist they can't wait to chop it off; if it's above the ears they'll happily dust it for you. Grrr.)

So yeah, I hear you about wanting the long and trudging through the suck of the bad lengths between jaw and bra strap.

It really comes down to your hair, your way. If you really really want waist-length (or longer) hair, it's a journey and a commitment. I would store up images of women with long lovely hair and keep them handy for when I got the urge to cut at the bad length.

What kept me going the time before this (when my hair hit a plateau at jaw-length--felt like 6 MONTHS at jaw-length) was the thought that if I cut it right then, I'd just have to slog through it again on my way to long. I pulled it back with hairbands and clips, petted it and brushed it, and kept holding on to the thought that it would indeed grow back so long as I kept the scissors off it.

This time through, I committed to one year of no cuts as I grew it back (the one year is up on January 1, 2010) and next year I will wear it up at least six days per week to help me get through to BSL. BSL is where "long" begins for me, so letting it grow after that is no big deal.

And as someone else has said--there's always wigs! You can rent long hair for the times when you really want to see/feel it swirl around you.

mugglemomof3
December 3rd, 2009, 09:55 AM
The more I think about it, the more I really like Little Orca's idea. My hair needs to be up and out of the wind/air/back of my chair to grow long and healthy, but I look bad with it all pulled back into a bun. I should really invest in a cool "styled" chin-length bobbed wig that I could wear to work and just let my hair be up for a couple of years until it finally hits waist!!!!

This was a really great idea for a thread Toadstool! :thumbsup:

Bonkers57
December 3rd, 2009, 10:25 AM
Are we related, by any chance? The longest mine has ever been was during my senior year in high school and shortly thereafter! (pic below) At the time, I slept on rollers (most uncomfortable!) to keep the "poofiness" so coveted in those days.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v174/Amaryllis_Dance/th_lovethat70shair.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v174/Amaryllis_Dance/?action=view&current=lovethat70shair.jpg)

I've changed a little since 1975 ;) and am curious how I would look NOW with long hair. I've decided I want bangs/fringe and layers in front; I wouldn't even care if it looked a bit "mullet-ish."

In the past, like you, I worked in conservative environments and had to look "professional." Also, at work as well as play, people have always given me big-time compliments every time I cut my hair. I had it short and spiky once and admit I liked it a lot. I'm here for moral support, too! :cheese: (My husband would be more pleased than punch if I let it all get long; he'd be okay with BSL.)

Oh, this is DEFINITELY something I've struggled with big time. All my life, in fact. It's a running joke among people close to me that I'm always growing my hair out, yet it's always short. I look much better with short hair, but truthfully, I've never HAD long hair (especially healthy, well-kept long hair) so I'm very excited to see if that can change. I have a lot of "poof" so I think face-framing layers are essential on me, and a big forehead in my opinion, so yes, some sort of wispy bangs, too. What I'm banking on is that my hair will look good long when it grows past that dreaded shoulder-length in between stage. We'll see.

I can't tell you how many times I've felt that I had no choice but to cut my hair. I think I look better with it short, so if I get a new job or something like that, I tell myself, "I have to do what is best for my outward image, doesn't matter what I want" and I cut. The compliments I get from everyone only reinforces this. That's why I'm excited to be here on TLHC and try to make it different this time.

LaurelSpring
December 3rd, 2009, 10:39 AM
People (mostly Mom) have said I look better with short hair. I like my hair long so its long. You can get a faux short look with layers around your face. That works good too.

Medievalmaniac
December 3rd, 2009, 11:43 AM
Just pull it back into a ponytail. You get the look of no hair without losing your hair. Everybody looks good in ponytails.

JamieLeigh
December 3rd, 2009, 03:34 PM
Well...if my opinion was influenced by OTHER people telling me I looked better with short hair, I'd ignore them and grow it long because it's what I wanted to do. :) I could always do an updo - voila! Instant short hair, lol.

Speckla
December 3rd, 2009, 05:42 PM
I look much better with very short hair and younger but I'm not cutting it. I don't care if long hair ages me or makes me prettier or not. I like it long and long it will be because that's what I want.

CestMadeleine
December 3rd, 2009, 06:11 PM
Well I am, but not, that person.

I've always had short hair and people always say "keep your hair long!" or "you should grow your hair out"

Now that I am..."Oh I liked your hair short it was cute and spunky"

So I'm telling them, screw you all!! I'm growing my hair nice and long until I stop liking it. Cut your own hair up if you're bored and feel the need to criticize. :P

Lamb
December 3rd, 2009, 06:14 PM
I think you should have the hair you want. What good does it one to look better with short hair, if one feels better with long hair? :)

natorade
December 3rd, 2009, 06:24 PM
I like this topic. I have the same problem. I have been told by so many people that I look better with short hair. Not too short though. Kind of more like a chin length or a little longer. I have been told that long hair wears my face down, which I am assuming makes my face look long. The only thing is I really do want to have long hair again. I was told just yesterday by a complete stranger which I might add was a very cute stranger, that he loves long hair but that I rocked short hair and was very beautiful (blush). I don't think I got as many compliments when my hair was long. I wish my hair was like one of those dolls that you can got from short to long by just pulling on the ponytail.:cheese:

Tressie
December 3rd, 2009, 07:17 PM
How short is short? I used to wear my hair long in school, and some days I would put it in a high pony (top of head) and the length would hang down to my shoulders and I would flip it under and put a hair tie around the pony. People would always come up and say: "You've cut your hair!".

If I really thought I looked much much better with short hair, I'd probably cut it! However, if having long hair meant more important to me (which it does), I'd grown it long and wear soft updos and half-ups~ (o:

Carolyn
December 3rd, 2009, 07:58 PM
I think you should have the hair you want. What good does it one to look better with short hair, if one feels better with long hair? :)You said that very well. Any adult should be able to pick their hair length and style based on their own desires and needs.

funnybunny668
December 3rd, 2009, 08:26 PM
I really liked my hair when it was in a pixie, it was fun and easy! I got a lot of compliments, too. Now it's time to grow it back out, though.
I think if you like it short and aren't ready to grow it out, that's fine. You can start growing any day. If you are ready, then start growing. :)

InTheCity
December 3rd, 2009, 08:36 PM
You learn to do a "tuck" style that hides the length and looks like a bob. :D

Toadstool
December 4th, 2009, 03:23 AM
I appreciate all the responses. Thank you.
To make it clear, no-one is telling me to keep short hair. Some people prefer it short, some long. It's about me and my relationship with myself, and my hair

Bonkers57
December 4th, 2009, 06:11 AM
As it should be :)

I'm always glad to give my input! lol!

I appreciate all the responses. Thank you.
To make it clear, no-one is telling me to keep short hair. Some people prefer it short, some long. It's about me and my relationship with myself, and my hair

smilinjenn71
December 4th, 2009, 06:25 AM
I know short hair looks better on me because with long hair my features tend to get lost in all the hair. However, I just needed a change after wearing it as a pixie for almost 12 yrs. So, I'm growing out to BSL with no bangs (for now) and will probably keep it long for awhile. However, I know my days are numbered as a long haired gal.... I will return to short hair again.

Bonkers57
December 4th, 2009, 06:57 AM
That's the great thing about hair - it grows. You can experiment - if it doesn't work or you get bored with it you can change it.

I know short hair looks better on me because with long hair my features tend to get lost in all the hair. However, I just needed a change after wearing it as a pixie for almost 12 yrs. So, I'm growing out to BSL with no bangs (for now) and will probably keep it long for awhile. However, I know my days are numbered as a long haired gal.... I will return to short hair again.

smilinjenn71
December 4th, 2009, 09:07 AM
Agreed!!!:)

Masara
December 5th, 2009, 01:00 AM
I think I probably look better with short hair. I've had short hair and I've enjoyed it. At the moment I have long hair and I'm enjoying that too. But deep inside of me, I feel more "me" with long hair.
I always have a fringe (bangs) regardless of my hair length. I wear my hair up nearly all the time. It's more comfortable/practical for me and gives the same face/cheekbone revealing possibilities as short hair while being more versatile. The best of both worlds as far as i'm concerned

CrisDee
December 5th, 2009, 02:10 AM
Oh I am SO subscribing to this fabulous thread! I was considering starting a thread like this - not only am I not sure whether I look better in long or short hair, I'm not sure which I actually like better. I had long hair for so many years and loved it - but it definitely had its disadvantages, especially with my job as a flight attendant. Nothing styles your hair quite like walking behind a jet engine to get onto your airplane - I never did find an updo that would totally hold up to that. And it's SOOO nice to have all my hair out of my face when I work, run, do housework, everything - no matter what updo or ponytail I used, there would be some little flyaways in my face, getting in my eyes, sticking to my lipstick - ugh! But I think long hair is so much prettier, and so much more versatile - with the pixie I have now, all I can do is pixie.

I'm growing it out again because as someone said earlier, I am a longhair at heart no matter what length I have - short hair just isn't me. But I'm still not sure which I like better, or which I look better in.

Toadstool
December 5th, 2009, 02:36 AM
Oh I am SO subscribing to this fabulous thread! I was considering starting a thread like this - not only am I not sure whether I look better in long or short hair, I'm not sure which I actually like better. I had long hair for so many years and loved it - but it definitely had its disadvantages, especially with my job as a flight attendant. Nothing styles your hair quite like walking behind a jet engine to get onto your airplane - I never did find an updo that would totally hold up to that. And it's SOOO nice to have all my hair out of my face when I work, run, do housework, everything - no matter what updo or ponytail I used, there would be some little flyaways in my face, getting in my eyes, sticking to my lipstick - ugh! But I think long hair is so much prettier, and so much more versatile - with the pixie I have now, all I can do is pixie.

I'm growing it out again because as someone said earlier, I am a longhair at heart no matter what length I have - short hair just isn't me. But I'm still not sure which I like better, or which I look better in.

Yes I'm not sure which I like better either. I mean I love a lot of short hair and I love a lot of long hair.

Dreams_in_Pink
December 5th, 2009, 04:11 AM
People've been telling me that for quite a long time, but i'm not tricked into cutting my hair really :D and besides, all hairdressers i went to said i should grow my hair.

It wouldn't be wise not to follow professionals's(!) advice :p :cheese:

rapunzhell13
December 5th, 2009, 04:14 AM
I don't think I look better or worse with short hair, just different. :)

Tangles
December 5th, 2009, 01:35 PM
IMO, I don't look good with hair that's long, straight and all one length. My face just isn't symmetrical enough to pull that off. However, when I emphasize the wave, my face looks softer and much more even. I can wear my hair as long as I want as long as it has body.

Since you're already slightly wavy, definitely try that before even considering cutting.

Toadstool
December 6th, 2009, 05:59 AM
Since you're already slightly wavy, definitely try that before even considering cutting.actually it's the other way, I have extremely short hair and am considering growing!:)

pinchbeck
December 6th, 2009, 09:04 AM
It is so true, some people look better with shorter do's from the front. But from behind they look better when it is down to their knees. A couple of examples of people who look better with shorter hair are Katie Holmes, Jennifer Aniston (with a bob she looks cuter than ever; with longer locks she blends in), and Halle Berry.

But...even though a shorter do may look better it is still fun to have long hair just for the fun of it. It can always be cut off. Hee, hee.