PDA

View Full Version : On year anniversary....(picture heavy)!

basketcase413
December 2nd, 2009, 09:06 PM
It has been a year since I officially joined and started measuring, did a major trim, and started taking care of my hair....here's how things have progressed!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3420/3249353122_c5383ceddd_o.jpg
December 1, 2008 after major cut to get a healthy hemline.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2743/4154032403_fe163f76ba_m.jpg
January 2, 2009, after 1 month of care, and growth.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3491/3248525613_6f49b3839c_o.jpg
February 2, 2009

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2685/4154793934_6f9c9f7b66_m.jpg
April 1, 2009

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2578/4154794138_98d1098315_m.jpg
July 11, 2009

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2531/4154033295_6a2b83ed95_o.jpg
December 2, 2009

In one year I went from APL to about 1/2 way between BSL and Waist! I've mis-measured somewhere along the way....I know I've had growth over the past couple of months because I can now do updos that I couldn't do before, but when DH measured tonight I was a good solid 28". That's not quite 8" in a year. I'm still hoping for Waist by mid April....and if all goes well I'll be at hip by Christmas next year!

I did a very light microtrim after the picture...and it is not as dry and fuzzy as it looks....it's just down from an infinity and has some funky bun waves!

Happy Holidays all....just wanted to share!

Elainehali
December 2nd, 2009, 09:10 PM
Great growth!! I'd also like to add you have a lovely updo in your avatar.

Euphony
December 2nd, 2009, 09:13 PM
Wow your hair grows so fast! I like the pictures with the same shirt. It's especially obvious when your hair goes from showing the word paramedic to completely hiding it in 2 months!

And I didn't say WHAT GORGEOUS HAIR YOU HAVE!!! (sorry, I was so enamored by your fast growth LOL)

windinherhair
December 2nd, 2009, 09:41 PM
Beautiful hair and fast growth! Happy Anniversary! :)

Coriander
December 2nd, 2009, 09:53 PM
Wow you can really see that great growth with the same-shirt photo thing! Happy anniversary! :)

tangocurl
December 2nd, 2009, 10:28 PM
Wonderful progress! Very healthy hair!

Aditi
December 2nd, 2009, 10:44 PM
Remarkable progress and hair Happy Anniversary :flower:

camirra555
December 2nd, 2009, 10:45 PM
Thats some crazy growth! What do you to make it grow so fast? It looks great! You'll reach your goal in no time

janeytilllie
December 3rd, 2009, 03:18 AM
Wow your hair grows quick! :) Congratulations on the wonderful progress and anniversary. Your hair looks beautiful! :flower:

Clarisse
December 3rd, 2009, 03:32 AM
That's some amazing growth! It took my 2 years to get the same amount of growth... Do you do anything special to make it grow, or is it just good genetics?

Dachsdragon
December 3rd, 2009, 04:31 AM
Congratulations on your anniversary. You have some very inspiring growth.

Chrissy
December 3rd, 2009, 04:53 AM
OK isn't there a law or something that says your hair is not allowed to grow that fast!!! I mean there must be unless.........we ALL get that kind of growth!! :) You are just blessed with beautiful fast growing hair! Lookin' good!

basketcase413
December 3rd, 2009, 05:06 AM
Thanks for all the lovely compliments! My growth doesn't seem that fast to me now, but when you see the comparison pictures, it is easy to see. I've often said I usually keep my long because I can't keep up with a short style...now know why! LOL I don't do anything special...yep, just good genetics. I am getting pretty impatient to see waist, so I have started taking biotin and MSM and an occasional Monistat treatment. Unfortunately I'm not consistent enough to really see results, but my itchy scalp is in check! LOL. I'm going to switch shirts this year....don't think you'll really be able tell much in comparison from this one now. Hugs to all! Happy Holidays! and keep on growin'! :-)

Clarisse
December 3rd, 2009, 05:15 AM
Hmmm, perhaps I should try biotin and monistat (or whatever generic product is available in Denmark). But just a question - what is MSM?

Keeping up with a short style must be impossible with that growth rate.

Isilme
December 3rd, 2009, 05:21 AM
oh, time for you to tell us the truth, do you eat some kind of super hair fertilizer?;) I'm seriously considering mixing plant fertilizer in my breakfast right now!
Amazing growth, and fantastic thick hair!

freckles
December 3rd, 2009, 05:31 AM
you have beautiful, healthy looking hair and an AMAZING colour! congrats on your growth :)

redneckprincess
December 3rd, 2009, 06:25 AM
great growth..happy hairy anniversary, you look to be about a year ahead of me... something wonderful to look forward to...BRING ON THE NEW YEAR!!

spidermom
December 3rd, 2009, 06:47 AM
Amazing growth! And beautiful hair.

melikai
December 3rd, 2009, 07:05 AM
Lovely hair and great growth! Congratulations.

basketcase413
December 3rd, 2009, 07:23 AM
Hmmm, perhaps I should try biotin and monistat (or whatever generic product is available in Denmark). But just a question - what is MSM?

MSM is actually a supplement to promote healthy collogen. I have a knee issue in which my patella will dislocate when I lean to the right....quite painful, and debilitating consider I am a paramedic and have to do a lot of lifting. When the weather changes, it aches pretty significantly, and does a lot of popping and cracking. I've seen people on here suggest it for hair growth.

oh, time for you to tell us the truth, do you eat some kind of super hair fertilizer? I'm seriously considering mixing plant fertilizer in my breakfast right now!
Amazing growth, and fantastic thick hair!

I've only been taking the biotin for about 6 weeks, and the MSM for about 3. I did just start taking gelatin caps as well. I've not been taking any of these for long enough to see any results....so seriously, I have no magic formula.

you have beautiful, healthy looking hair and an AMAZING colour! congrats on your growth

I have to confess here.....I do chemically dye my hair :p. My natural color is a couple of shades darker than what you see, with ALOT of grey. I've had grey's since I was in high school, and am just ready to go natural yet. I love silver hair, an will be fortunate enough to have beautiful silver when I decide to go virgin.....but until then, the cheapest chemical dye gives me very natural looking blonde highlights, with a light brown base. :cheese:

Thanks again for all the compliments....maybe by 2011, I will be an official long hair officiando (sp?)...LOL

halo_tightens
December 3rd, 2009, 07:31 AM
Congratulations on your anniversary, and on all the progress you've made!

It's a real inspiration for me right now, sitting at almost-APL. :)

redneckprincess
December 3rd, 2009, 08:02 AM
MSM is actually a supplement to promote healthy collogen. I have a knee issue in which my patella will dislocate when I lean to the right....quite painful, and debilitating consider I am a paramedic and have to do a lot of lifting. When the weather changes, it aches pretty significantly, and does a lot of popping and cracking. I've seen people on here suggest it for hair growth.

I have the same exact problem!!!most painful thing I have ever had to deal with...just thinking about it hurts, and just knowing it could happen again at any moment..does MSM help...I have been offered surgery to try to correct it, but after what happened with my last surgery..Im not in as big of a hurry

DMARTINEZ
December 3rd, 2009, 09:07 AM
Lovely hair! and great growth! keep on keepin on!!!!

Deb

basketcase413
December 3rd, 2009, 11:25 AM
I have the same exact problem!!!most painful thing I have ever had to deal with...just thinking about it hurts, and just knowing it could happen again at any moment..does MSM help...I have been offered surgery to try to correct it, but after what happened with my last surgery..Im not in as big of a hurry

Redneckprincess, I've not been taking it long enough to give a good evaluation. I just thought I'd give it a try, since cold weather setting in seems to be making it more "achy" than usual. I'll try to rememer to take it consistently, and report back to you after a couple of months. I figured it couldn't hurt to try it. ;-)

Fencai
December 3rd, 2009, 11:28 AM
Happy Anniversary! Your hair is gorgeous!!!

Medievalmaniac
December 3rd, 2009, 11:36 AM
great progress, and amazing growth! Congratulations!!! :D

Funsizedbaby
December 3rd, 2009, 12:10 PM
I think your hair was pretty to begin with but I think the July pic is when it really hit the wow factor.

starlights
December 3rd, 2009, 12:16 PM
wow! well done to your hair growth!

JamieLeigh
December 3rd, 2009, 03:32 PM
That's some super-gorgeous hair, and great progress! I like how you used the same shirt, to mark your growth. Happy anniversary! :flower:

Tressie
December 3rd, 2009, 04:43 PM
Great growth and such healthy shining hair! I LOVE your color too! Congratulations and keep up the good work!! (p:

KarpatiiSiv
December 3rd, 2009, 05:10 PM
Happy Anniversary. Your hair looks lovely. Great growth!:D

Yozhik
December 3rd, 2009, 07:29 PM
What wonderful progress!
Your hair looks to be in great condition :)