PDA

View Full Version : I need help with 2 issues..hairloss when I shampoo & Brassiness when I CO..

Goose
December 2nd, 2009, 01:36 PM
When I use shampoo (any brand) - I notice major hair loss in my comb and all over the sink, floor etc...:(

So I started trying sulfate-free shampoos and they dry my hair out big time....regardless of the conditioner I follow up with. I have tried several different ones. SLS-free seems to darken my blonde highlights and tangles my hair badly.

I have done CO Washing and that has "eliminated" my hair loss for the most part. Seriously, I see just a couple of hairs in the comb. I really like this method BUT again it really darkens my highlights and makes them look brassy/yellow.

I would like to continue with CO washing because I like that I don't have shedding with it but are there any cone-free cond I can use that will maintain my blonde highlights?

I am open to any and all suggestions...(except not highlighting my hair...LOL) :D

Kris Dove
December 2nd, 2009, 03:23 PM
Perhaps using a violet- tinted shampoo to clarify once every few weeks or so, but CO the rest of the time, would help get rid of the brassiness? I liked Lush's Daddy-O shampoo when I had highlights. I don't CO myself though so not entirely sure this would actually work.

cakebaker
December 2nd, 2009, 03:46 PM
Biolage Conditioning Balm is cone free and so are some of the VO5 Moisture Milks (the one I like is the strawberry) I have tried. I don't think the Biolage would discolor your highlights and like the previous poster suggested you can always use a blue shampoo once in a while to help with that. Your highlights might be a lot more porous than the rest of your hair and that is why you are seeing a discoloration. I really like highlights myself, but I have decided to just stick with an all over tint because I just can't grow my hair out when I get them.:(

Clarisse
December 2nd, 2009, 04:08 PM
I think the reason the high lights turn yellowish, is because they gain moisture. Dryer hair looks lighter - or at least it does on me.