PDA

View Full Version : it has been 1 year since....(in 2 days)

redneckprincess
December 2nd, 2009, 10:09 AM
I signed up with LHC...(I wasn't very active until May)
so Im not going to make to big of a deal out of it..just yet, lol

I do have december 08 - december 09 pictures, but since I cut off quite a bit in feb. I have only gained a couple inches in length. But look at the virgin color..wow that shows alot of growth..imagine if I hadnt cut it in feb....no I dont want to think about that..nevermind, lol look at the pics below..2008 is top pic, and 2009 (today) is below.. just over 18/19 months since last bleach..and since the old pic was flat ironed and I didnt feel like straightning my hair today..I had my friend help me pull away the shrinkage..

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll211/redneckprincess78/new%20stuff/dec08dec09.jpg

LHC has made a great diffrence in my life and how I care for my hair...I only straighten about once a month, no more chemicals (besides MP-manic panic color here and there).

well thats already making a bigger deal then I ment to, lol I just wanted to share my new pictures and finally have a 1 year comparison shot..(feburary's will be better)

enjoy!!

ETA: Todays the day!!!..what are minions? do I get them?...it feels like another birthday...still looking for the member who recruited me from CafeMom hair and makeup group..name over there is..KennedyB, I would like to thank her ☺

babybabycat
December 2nd, 2009, 10:19 AM
Well, this is a big deal! One year marks the start of a long, wonderful hair growing journey. Think how much you've learned just coming to this site. A year ago you didn't know what an SMT was! Now your putting it into your hair! ha ha

Your hair looks beautiful, here's to many happy hair growing years ahead!!

spidermom
December 2nd, 2009, 10:29 AM
It's good to have you around.

melrose1985
December 2nd, 2009, 10:33 AM
Hey congrats on a year! Good having you here! Just think of where you're hair will be in a year from now!

Pixna
December 2nd, 2009, 10:37 AM
Congrats on your hairyversary!!! Mine will be here next month, I think. Yay for us!!! :D

Merkaba
December 2nd, 2009, 10:44 AM
Congrats on the awesome growth! I know how hard it is to grow out bleach- I bleached 2 years ago and although I'm almost at BSL, half of my hair still has a different color from the bleach. It is subtle since I hennaed over it but still there! It takes a while but is ultimately very rewarding- I can't wait to see what your hair looks like in another year :)

redneckprincess
December 2nd, 2009, 10:55 AM
thank you all!! though its not growing out the old bleach that bothers me, (i kinda like watching it grow)its the damage old layers (still from the pixie) that will eventually need to go.....eventually, for now Im holding on to what Ive got...I feel like I have been...right here..inches from APL for a year or more...

jivete
December 2nd, 2009, 12:30 PM
You are about the length I was when I came here. Don't worry, APL is just a short trip away. Congratulations on your progress. I know getting rid of old damage is frustrating (I still can't seem to trim mine), but just think of how much better the virgin hair will be. I like watching the line move down too.

redneckprincess
December 2nd, 2009, 01:49 PM
You are about the length I was when I came here. Don't worry, APL is just a short trip away. Congratulations on your progress. I know getting rid of old damage is frustrating (I still can't seem to trim mine), but just think of how much better the virgin hair will be. I like watching the line move down too.

as of now I plan to get to BSL and maintain (or trim 1/2 growth per month) until I am all one length and virgin..so that should be sometime next year..unless my calculations are wrong

halo_tightens
December 2nd, 2009, 01:54 PM
Congrats on your anniversary!!! :cheese:

I always like to watch your progress, since we've stayed pretty close in length since I joined. (And yeah, I feel like I've been sitting at almost-APL for an eternity too!!!)

We shorties-on-the-way-back-to-longhairs have to stick together! :D

talecon
December 2nd, 2009, 02:15 PM
im almost hitting my year too and I also cut some of my hair off so theres only a few inches difference for me too. makes me wish not cutting my hair so I could see the actual growth but my hair really needed it! lol congrats on ur year :)

Coriander
December 2nd, 2009, 02:32 PM
Happy LHCversary! :)

mugglemomof3
December 2nd, 2009, 02:44 PM
It seems to slow the "wow factor" when you trim off those old damaged ends, but it's doing great things to your hair in the long run. I know because I'm in the same process as you. It grows, I cut off the damanged ends and I'm happy until I see comparison shots. But we can do it! Just think how much progress you'll make this year. Yippee for LHC!!!!

Happy Anniversary!!! :waving: :flowers:

juliaxena
December 2nd, 2009, 02:58 PM
Every time I see a new pic you post I'm simply amazed how quick your hair is growing. I wish mine grew so fast. When I first came here your pics actually gave me inspiration to stay here and grow my hair.

Clarisse
December 2nd, 2009, 02:59 PM
Happy Anniversary!

It's some great progress. Next year, your virgin hair will probaly be shoulderlength!

georgia_peach
December 2nd, 2009, 02:59 PM
You have made GREAT progress. Keep on growin'!;)

redneckprincess
December 2nd, 2009, 03:54 PM
It seems to slow the "wow factor" when you trim off those old damaged ends, but it's doing great things to your hair in the long run. I know because I'm in the same process as you. It grows, I cut off the damanged ends and I'm happy until I see comparison shots. But we can do it! Just think how much progress you'll make this year. Yippee for LHC!!!!

Happy Anniversary!!! :waving: :flowers:
Thanks..only Im not trimming yet, once I hit FULL BSL, I'll start the gruling process, and not until ☺

Every time I see a new pic you post I'm simply amazed how quick your hair is growing. I wish mine grew so fast. When I first came here your pics actually gave me inspiration to stay here and grow my hair.

awww thank you, thats so sweet and has made my evening (i was mad at DH for being home late when I have a meeting to get to later, and now I feel better, lol) and I sure never thought of myself as an inspriation :cheese:

I think going from nape to shoulder takes the longest, because it is the first step for most of us.. my advice is...pictures, pictures, pictures, every couple months, that really helps me, though I see in the pictures that Im almost APL, I still feel like Im at shoulder length (maybe its my front/face frameing layers)

and to everyone else...yes I am so looking forward to next years length...and trying to enjoy this one while it lasts, if I tell myself I really like the length it is right now, it seams to grow faster, lol

Jessikinz
December 2nd, 2009, 05:35 PM
Congrats on your 1 year of being an LHC'er.

Pear Martini
December 2nd, 2009, 05:43 PM
Happy Anniversery! What is your hair routine if you dont mind me asking? I'm somewhat new here and have hair that has been bleached and flat ironed constantly too!

Yozhik
December 2nd, 2009, 06:43 PM
Nice hair growth! (and nice striped shirt :))
Congrats on your anniversary!

smilinjenn71
December 2nd, 2009, 07:18 PM
Congrats on your Anniv!:cheese: You are really making good progress girlie! Keep up the awesome growing....I know you will be so happy to trim once you reach BSL!

RavennaNight
December 2nd, 2009, 11:50 PM
Congrats on the year!

Tangerine
December 3rd, 2009, 12:40 AM
Congrats!:blossom: You've made so much progress! Looking forwards to your February update:)

janeytilllie
December 3rd, 2009, 03:15 AM
Congratulations on your anniversary! :flower:
Your hair is making wonderful progress! :)

redneckprincess
December 3rd, 2009, 06:43 AM
Happy Anniversery! What is your hair routine if you dont mind me asking? I'm somewhat new here and have hair that has been bleached and flat ironed constantly too!

I dont mind at all..though I am still in the process of tweeking it perfectly..right now (have been for a year or more) taking prenatel vitimans (am not/ can not be pregnant) biotin and gelatin pills daily (amounts are in my about me section i think)

recently I am down to shampooing once a week with a cone-free shampoo or clarifying shampoo...SMT the next morning with (unheated) honey..and CO daily in between. when I condition I use a cone-free (right now im using Sallys knock off version of Nioxin called Nutri-ox, usually its suave or vo5 or something cheap like that) on the top/virgin/undamaged hair and a cone-filled (aussie 3 mm) on the bleached/damaged ends from ears down.. comb, and air dry (which I have always done)

that is pretty much it, I usually wear my hair down, because i like to see it/feel it/show it off..but I do really like sock buns..I brush my hair ALOT, hubbys at work, kids are at school so it dosent bother anyone...I started this when i quit smoking so it has become habbit for me to carry around a brush ( paddle and or BB) all day long..I even have one in my car for when I leave the house..I just love the way it feels

no color (except MP from time to time) and no more chemicals, flat iron aprox..once a month or less..and just take pictures every couple of months

:cheese:and again Thanks to everyone...I can tell Feb. progress report it looking quite dramatic :D

JamieLeigh
December 3rd, 2009, 03:39 PM
You can tell definite progress by looking at your color. Congrats on the 1 year anniversary! Here's some :chocolate:, :drama: and a :cookie: to munch on until February. ;)

Tressie
December 3rd, 2009, 04:39 PM
You are making progress and I want to say a big CONGRATULATIONS!! I like the color of your natural hair, and even in your avatar you can see how healthy and shiny your hair is!! Good job! Looking forward to more pictures as you grow!! (o: Thanks for sharing! It's all a big deal to us! (o:

Speckla
December 3rd, 2009, 04:42 PM
You grow, girl!

redneckprincess
December 3rd, 2009, 05:09 PM
You are making progress and I want to say a big CONGRATULATIONS!! I like the color of your natural hair, and even in your avatar you can see how healthy and shiny your hair is!! Good job! Looking forward to more pictures as you grow!! (o: Thanks for sharing! It's all a big deal to us! (o:
Thanks...I am amazed at the length of the natural color, and I really need to update my avatar its from Aug.

KarpatiiSiv
December 3rd, 2009, 05:31 PM
Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary.:blossom: You are making great progress!:D

redneckprincess
December 4th, 2009, 04:30 PM
thank you!! i cant wait until my 2 year anniversary...i know, i know one day at a time...or 0.022" a day
thank you all so much.. with out all of you this would not be possible

Naamah
December 5th, 2009, 01:17 AM
Your hair looks great! I love your virgin hair color, and I love your waves. :)

Aditi
December 5th, 2009, 01:31 AM
Love your real hair color :) Happy Anniversary :cheer: