PDA

View Full Version : Hair getting thicker?????

marikamt
December 1st, 2009, 11:05 PM
I took my hair down after work tonite and was finger combing and it felt different... thicker.... I thought it was my imagination, so I measured and it IS thicker......

I was a solid ii when I joined (and I was thrilled about that at the time because I always thought I had thin hair), now I am ii/iii (and maybe even waaaayyyy bottom of just iii).......

some of it is my layers growing out, but to be honest, I am shocked! Other than just trying to take good care of my hair, I am not doing anything drastic to increase thickness. Has this happened to anyone else when they started taking better care of their hair?

squee
December 1st, 2009, 11:48 PM
Yes :)
My hair was a 3.5, now it is a 4 even during the season shed!
Crazy what comes out in good health huh. :)

MsBubbles
December 2nd, 2009, 05:07 AM
I wish!! Congrats to you both, Marikamt and Squee.

Clarisse
December 2nd, 2009, 05:56 AM
Congrats :D I think you can see it in your siggie pic too. The "new" hair looks a lot thicker!
My hair does the same thing too - and I think it's partly due to growing out layers and high lights.

jivete
December 2nd, 2009, 06:56 AM
I was barely over 2" when I came here and now measure between 2.5" and 2.7". I was suffering from breakage from dye. There is a line of breakage that has been slowly moving down my head. It's cool and annoying at the same time.

Congratulations on your increased thickness!

JamieLeigh
December 2nd, 2009, 08:44 AM
Congrats on the circ increase! :cheese:

My circumference increased when I stopped using coney products and switched to CO no-cones. I think it's probably, for my part, a mixture of better care and the fact that cones used to leave my hair flat, while no-cones bring out a ton more body and wave.

Me likey. :D

imposterpockets
December 2nd, 2009, 09:12 AM
I am just getting started, but for me I was startled to find my hair going the other way. I have been using a few of the conditioning treatments and a wide-tooth comb, and now that my hair is feeling sleeker it is also less full. Much less full. I suppose it's a good trade-off, though.

marikamt
December 2nd, 2009, 09:25 AM
Congrats on the circ increase! :cheese:

My circumference increased when I stopped using coney products and switched to CO no-cones. I think it's probably, for my part, a mixture of better care and the fact that cones used to leave my hair flat, while no-cones bring out a ton more body and wave.

Me likey. :D

ah-ha! I stopped "coning" at the start of Sept, I wonder if that has helped me too.......

marikamt
December 2nd, 2009, 09:33 AM
I am just getting started, but for me I was startled to find my hair going the other way. I have been using a few of the conditioning treatments and a wide-tooth comb, and now that my hair is feeling sleeker it is also less full. Much less full. I suppose it's a good trade-off, though.

Try playing with your routine..... I had to try everything (literally.... :D ) before finding the routine that worked for me.... You should be able to get the health/ condition w/ out weighing down your hair.... you will know when you find the right routine.

imposterpockets
December 2nd, 2009, 09:37 AM
Try playing with your routine..... I had to try everything (literally.... :D ) before finding the routine that worked for me.... You should be able to get the health/ condition w/ out weighing down your hair.... you will know when you find the right routine.

I'll try switching around and see if I can get both healthy and full.

marikamt
December 2nd, 2009, 09:44 AM
I'll try switching around and see if I can get both healthy and full.

When I started and first read the hair typing article I thought I was a 1b/ f/ ii (and in my head prior to that I would have said I was a 1a/ f/ i).... you will be amazed at what your hair can/ will do when you find the right, healthy routine for it.....

spidermom
December 2nd, 2009, 10:07 AM
My hair goes from ii/iii to iii. It may be differences in measuring technique, though. Or it could be whether or not I've been shedding. I'm not sure. I leave it at iii, though. It looks that thick even when the measurement is down.

marikamt
December 2nd, 2009, 10:36 AM
My hair goes from ii/iii to iii. It may be differences in measuring technique, though. Or it could be whether or not I've been shedding. I'm not sure. I leave it at iii, though. It looks that thick even when the measurement is down.

Spidermom your hair looks AMAZING in your siggy pic........

spidermom
December 2nd, 2009, 11:00 AM
Spidermom your hair looks AMAZING in your siggy pic........

You might be surprised how few really "good hair" days I have. Most of the time it looks like I styled it by doing loop-de-loops on my broomstick - very full and fluffy. Thank goodness for up-dos and styling putty (to stroke down all the sticky-up hairs).

Spring
December 2nd, 2009, 11:15 AM
Yeah, I'm finding my measuring technique to be very unreliable depending on how tight I'm wrapping the measuring tape around my hair :confused:. One time it measured at a 4, then a month later I measured, making sure I was wrapping it tightly, and I measured less than 4.