PDA

View Full Version : The "I wash my hair every day" thread

Lamb
December 1st, 2009, 07:24 PM
Most people get the impression that long haired people, or aspiring longhairs go a long time between washings. However, I know there are a lot of people here who wash their hair every day, so perhaps a support thread would be welcome.

I have a couple of questions for those who wash their hair every day.
1) what is your hair texture? (not length - the fineness/coarseness of individual hairs, the thickness, the wave rate)
2) what is your hair length?
3) have you always washed your hair every day, or only once you've reached a certain length?
4) what is your most frequent washing method?
5) why do you choose to wash your hair every day?
6) Do you feel guilty about it? Do you believe washing your hair every day is in any way detrimental to your hair-growing purposes?

I'll start.
1) 2c/3a//F//ii
2) short, slowly growing into a bob
3) yep, even when it was just shy of BSL
4) Neoma's hybrid wash
5) for moisturizing and the curl-pattern; also managability
6) sometimes, but I know this works well for me, so I shush the voices ;)

invisiblebabe
December 1st, 2009, 07:35 PM
1) what is your hair texture? (not length - the fineness/coarseness of individual hairs, the thickness, the wave rate) 2a/f/ii

2) what is your hair length? BSL with face framing layers

3) have you always washed your hair every day, or only once you've reached a certain length? always have since i hit puberty :p my hair was classic length from ages 14-18, i washed it every day then too.

4) what is your most frequent washing method? shampoo the scalp, condition the length

5) why do you choose to wash your hair every day? i have very oily skin and scalp, it feels very itchy and contributes to acne if i don't.

6) Do you feel guilty about it? Do you believe washing your hair every day is in any way detrimental to your hair-growing purposes? no, because i don't intend to grow my hair much longer.

Silver
December 1st, 2009, 07:38 PM
1) what is your hair texture? (not length - the fineness/coarseness of individual hairs, the thickness, the wave rate)
1b M/C ii
waist
3) have you always washed your hair every day, or only once you've reached a certain length?
No, since the age of 16 (I'm 23 now) - I had to, because at that time, my scalp suddenly started to get oily very fast. No clue why. Guess it's something hormonal, I don't know...
CWC - in order to protect the lengths.
well, it wasn't really a choice - I just don't want to have oily hair (and my scalp tends to get itchy).
6) Do you feel guilty about it? Do you believe washing your hair every day is in any way detrimental to your hair-growing purposes?
Guilty is the wrong word...let's say, I'd be happy to wash my hair only every 2 or 3 days, but that's just not possible in my case. I think most people can have long and healthy hair, even with daily washing, when they take good care of it.

young&reckless
December 1st, 2009, 07:38 PM
I have a couple of questions for those who wash their hair every day.

Normal, not fine not thick, lots of hair but not really thick, small s-curve

Hip

Yes I've always washed almost daily except when my hair was permed then it was every two or three days so it didn't dry out as much. Oh the horror!

Burts bees regular shapoo with plain, no cone condish or

CV Poo bars followed by a ACV rinse, no condish. I know thats two kinds but I switch back and forth all the time.

I put in a good workout most days and my hair gets nasty dirty fast, If i really just did not do anything I sometimes do a condish only wash.

I don't think its bad at all! If I don't then I get bad breakouts on my scap so I must need it.

Cholera
December 1st, 2009, 07:55 PM
1c/2a/M/ii

About an inch shy of solid APL. So.. Close..

When I was younger, I would go for a week without washing. Then it was once every other day, and now it's every day.

I do just a regular shampoo then condition. I don't feel like I'm really hurting my hair that much, because my shampoo is sulfate free and the cleansers are very mild. It doesn't feel stripped, and it's super shiny and soft :)

I choose to wash my hair every day because I don't really have the time away from people to stretch my washes so I don't look gross, and my hair doesn't feel like it's any worse off with how I've been doing it. It's incredibly soft and shiny, and I oil everyday.

I don't feel guilty about it at all. I think that it's just the thing that works best for me, like how waiting a week for other people is best for them. I do hate how fast I run out of shampoo, though..

MsBubbles
December 1st, 2009, 08:12 PM
Disclaimer: I'm not sure I'm really supposed to jump in here, because I try whenever I can to skip a day. But if I'm trying to look presentable in public I have to wash at least my scalp every day.

1) what is your hair texture? 1a/f/ii

2) what is your hair length? Midback (28")

3) have you always washed your hair every day, or only once you've reached a certain length? I washed it almost every day since I turned 14 (grease pit), until I hit 41 and tried to skip a day each wash cycle. My scalp never adjusted to less washing. It never stopped producing so much oil, apparently.

4) what is your most frequent washing method? Scalp washing, which I believe saves my ends from the damage of washing/wet combing every day.

5) why do you choose to wash your hair every day? Gosh, so many reasons...the itching/burning of a greasy scalp, the presentability (or lack) of my hair in public, especially since I work on a reception desk, trying to avoid excess shedding brought on by the itching/burning, the overall nastiness of appearing and feeling dirty...

6) Do you feel guilty about it? Not since I discovered scalp washes! But before hand, yep.

Do you believe washing your hair every day is in any way detrimental to your hair-growing purposes? Oh yes, definitely, since I have fine and probably fragile hair. But I rationalize that if I don't wet the length but once a week or so, I may not be doing that much damage any more. Time will tell! I'm not worried about my scalp hairs getting washed every day, and when I had short hair I didn't worry either, because it wasn't so fried/fragile as my ends are now.

I'm sorry if my answers are irrelevant since I don't wet/lather the entire length any more. I wanted to answer the questions because I have struggled with a greasy scalp all my adult life.

AJoifulNoise
December 1st, 2009, 08:26 PM
I do skip a day a week. But, for all intents and purposes I am a daily washer.

1) what is your hair texture? Somewhere between straight and wavy, the hairs themselves are thick.

2) what is your hair length? Between hip and tailbone

3) have you always washed your hair every day, or only once you've reached a certain length? Pretty much always. I have a really oily scalp.

4) what is your most frequent washing method? Shampoo Monday and Friday. CO Tues-Thursday and Sunday. Skip Saturday and wear it half-up.

5) why do you choose to wash your hair every day? Like I said, I have a very oily scalp. It's also persnickety. If I wait more than 36-48 hours between washes my scalp gets really itchy. I've had problems with nighttime scratching that leaves me with a scabby scalp.

6) Do you feel guilty about it? Do you believe washing your hair every day is in any way detrimental to your hair-growing purposes? No guilt, really. This is what works for me. I did try stretching out washes. Just like I tried lots of other things after joining this community. And, just like when making those experiments, I went with what worked for me. I don't know if it is detrimental to my hair-growing. But, digging at my scalp can't be good for growth, either.

meowmeow
December 1st, 2009, 08:37 PM
2c/3a/ii
I have variable fineness and coarseness so I'm going to say all 3

Waist length as is, but hip approaching tailbone length stetched.

I've done it as far as I remember, although I did go through a period in highschool where I didn't shampoo at all.

Shampoo and conditioner. The shampoo goes on the scalp. Once in while I may shampoo the length but not often. Conditioner as a follow up.

I like the way it feels, also I would say habit as well. I can't be bothered to not get my hair wet when I'm in the shower.

6) Do you feel guilty about it?
No, I don't feel guilty because I'm not doing anything bad.

Do you believe washing your hair every day is in any way detrimental to your hair-growing purposes?
Well, it depends. I'm not convinced that the way I wash my hair is detrimental to my hair growth process. But if people are rough with their hair while washing, or they use too much shampoo then it can definitely cause problems.

ericthegreat
December 1st, 2009, 09:11 PM
Well, I don't technically wash my hair everyday, as in I don't use shampoo on a regular basis. I CO every night however, so I would say that I at least rinse my hair every day, and around once every 3 weeks I will use shampoo to clarify my hair.

1. I have thick, straight Asian hair that is coarse in texture. I'm a 1a/1b, C, and at the base of my neck I am a iii. I do have taper as my length move on down, however.

2. I recently had 2 inches taken off to thicken up my ends, so I am now back to around hip length.

3. I have experimented with ALL sorts of hair care. I've done washing every day, once a week, WO, the no washing method (which was torture on my scalp, I went for a week and ended up scratching my scalp raw!), and finally I came across the CO method, and have found that COing works the best for me.

4. I simply rinse my scalp very thoroughly for at least 8 to 10 minutes with warm water. This normally takes care of any dust or dirt in my hair. Then, I begin applying my conditioner. I leave it in for around 5 minutes, and then I rinse that out until my hair feels just right. COing for me has eliminated any bad tangles in my hair.

5. COing every night takes care of all my scalp and hair concerns. I do have an oily scalp, so I need to at least let water run over my scalp within every 2 days. However, my hair is also coarse in texture, so it needs a great deal of moisture. Shampooing everyday would remove that moisture, so conditioning every day instead is the best choice.

6. Guilty? There is nothing to be guilty about. As we all know, there are a myriad of ways to care for our hair/scalp, and we all need to experiment with what routine works the best for us.

CestMadeleine
December 1st, 2009, 09:15 PM
1) Fine hair, not a lot of it either, and little wave to it.
2) APL close to BSL
3) As a child I used to wash it every week. But at 12 years old it began getting very oily after only a day so I began washing twice a week and eventually every day. I do skip some days however.
4) Shampoo then conditioner, oil after.
5) Because it gets way too oily.
6) I do feel guilty. On that note however, if I were to wash less frequently my hair would be dirty and sticky and oily for most of the time and when it is I feel crappy and ugly. So by having clean hair all the time I actually feel much better about myself and continue to love my hair instead of hating it. I honestly don't think it makes it grow any slower I have 1/2" - 1" of growth a month and my hair is pretty healthy considering 2/3's of my hair were bleached and dyed over many times.

sedonia
December 1st, 2009, 11:07 PM

My hair is relatively fine

Just below bra strap

I have always washed my hair either every day or every other day.

Regular shampoo and conditioner. Usually with cones.

I exercise almost every day and get sweaty. Also it looks better when washed every day and I want to look my best.

When my schedule allows I wash every other day.

No and no.

I also blow dry on a warm setting several times per week.

Funsizedbaby
December 1st, 2009, 11:11 PM
1a F/M/i
Little past chin
No, when I reached my teen years my hair got extra oily
Shampoo the crown and condition the ends
If I don't my hair is oily and my scalp feels itchy
I wish I didn't have to wash it every day but it looks nasty and oily if I don't

Honey39
December 2nd, 2009, 12:24 AM
I think I'm 2c/3a/medium/iii

About mid back length, but almost waist when straight. The curls take up an awful lot of length!

Actually, I only started washing daily when I came here! I used to wash every two to three days (shampoo/condition), and I hated having to calculate when I was going to have a 'good' hair day (ie freshly washed) to fit in with dates, going out, dinners, presentations etc. Now I wash daily and I love it

CO-wash every morning except Sundays. I use cheap conditioner to wash my hair, comb through, turbie dry in a towel and then use leave-in conditioner with coconut oil on the top. My hair loves this routine!

The texture of my hair means that it feels better given a 'fresh' start every day. I can add water and conditioner for second day hair, but it feels coarser and not as nice, although looks good. I also like to have a shower and wash my hair in the mornings, it wakes me up.

Sometimes I feel a little guilty here, because I don't even want to try stretching out washing, which seems to be more normal. But I don't blow-dry or brush/comb etc. The fact that my hair gets a quality leave-in conditioner and cocount oil on damp hair every single day means my hair is in the best condition it's ever been in.

Also, washing every day means I am quite relaxed about experiments - if something doesn't work, I'll just wash it out the next day!

I also try to do a deep treatment once a week (Saturday mornings), and that's nice too. I do worry a bit about how manageable my routine will be as my hair gets longer, because already it's cold leaving the house! I think I may never be super-long, and to be honest, I am thinking about maintaining this length for the next six months or so to get used to it.

RancheroTheBee
December 2nd, 2009, 12:30 AM
Anything from 2A to 3A depending on the day, what I do to it, the weather, etc. M/ii.
Collarbone/shoulder. Somewhere in that wasteland.
When I had a pixie, I washed everyday. I tried stretching the washes recently, but it doesn't do much for me.
S&C with 'cone and sulphate-free.
I have an exceptionally sensitive sense of smell, and the scent of my scalp drives me mad. Also, I like to leave it down, and it looks better after it's been washed.
Well, first off, my ultimate goal is waist or hip. I don't think that's so long that I need to be super vigilant about what I do with my hair, and I am otherwise very gentle with it. Second, if I decide that I want it longer, I can always trim out any damage (but I doubt that daily washing with sulphate-free shampoo is really all that damaging).

I often skip a day, but if I had my way, I'd get to wash it every single morning.

Masara
December 2nd, 2009, 01:08 AM
2a/f/ii
30", more or less waist
I think it was only washed every few days/once a week when I was a child, but I've always washed it every day since my early teens
Shampoo the scalp, conditioner everywhere
It's very fine and it falls flat if I don't wash it every day. Updos look terrible; all piece-y and "scalpy". It may sound wierd, but unwashed hair gives me headaches.
Guilty? I don't know. It took me a while to actually mention it in my blog here because I got the feeling it was a big no no. I'm getting a pretty standard half inch growth, my ends don't seem "too" wrecked.

I feel physically uncomfortable and look terrible if I don't do it, so it's the only way I could grow my hair. I'd rather have less extremely long hair than hair I didn't actually like.

maria_asa
December 2nd, 2009, 04:21 AM
1a/bFi

About 41" (a few inches below tbl)

Pretty much, yes. I've tried to stretch the washing several times but it just doesn't work.

Scalp wash with CV bar followed by ACV rince and a full wash (CWC) with deep conditioning once a week

If I don't my scalp gets really oily and looks nasty. It also starts to itch and my shedding goes up

No and no. If I hadn't washed every day I probably wouldn't have grown it this long and due to the shedding it would have been even thinner than it is.

Kaijah
December 2nd, 2009, 09:14 AM
It's usually 2C-ish, though curlier or wavier depending on its mood and the phase of the moon. ;P Mostly medium thickness, with a sprinkling of fine at the temples and coarse at the nape. About 4" ponytail circumference.

Mid-back area. 28 or so inches.

For as long as I can remember, with occasional attempts to skip.

CWC, with sulphate and cone free products. Follow up with shea or coconut oil.

It ITCHES if I don't once I get to about the 36 hour post-wash point. It makes me literally claw my scalp off, which isn't healthy, and I sometimes get weird breakouts when skipping.

No. It's my personal choice, and it's what makes my skin and hair happiest.

Rahenna
December 2nd, 2009, 09:14 AM
1) what is your hair texture?
Very very VERY fine, pin straight.

40 inches. :D

Well, I'm sure my mom didn't give me a bath every day, but once I was old enough to take care of myself, always.

Shampoo the scalp only, condition the length. I'll condition the scalp hair once in a while if it's feeling a bit dry.

I have extremely oily skin and superfine hair. I can't put it up to hide the oil because my hair is too fine to hold most hairstyles.

No and no. I don't believe that not washing will affect the amount of oil on my skin and hair. My skin and hair have always been extremely oily, it just didn't matter when I was a kid because no one cared about clumpy head or shiny face! My mom had the same skin type and never got wrinkles, so there. :D

Babyfine
December 2nd, 2009, 10:01 AM
1.)Very fine/thin- 2A-some 2c and color treated.
2.) Hovering at BSL last few years
3.)Ever since my early teens when my skin/scalp got a lot oilier.
4.)Condition -wash-conditon with heavier conditioner from the ears down to protect the ends.
5.)I still have oily skin/scalp and baby fine hair that tends to go flat.
6.)I really wanted to go CG and I still do all the other things but I just shampoo my hair 2X a week and CO wash the rest of the time.
I tried CO only but my stylist noticed cradle cap on my scalp when I went in for a trim. Maybe I just wasn't doing it right-scrubbing hard, but I also noticed a sebum smell after about day 4- so I went back to shampoo twice weekly with Nioxin step 3.
I TRY not to wet my hair some days, but that has to be an updo day in most cases. I'm trying to adjust to scalp only washes to not expose the ends to so much wetting and combing/and to see if I can gain length. My hair and scalp REALLY have to be treated as separate entities, to quote Lorraine Massey.

Leena7
December 2nd, 2009, 10:12 AM
1) what is your hair texture? 1c-f-ii
2) what is your hair length? around shoulder length
3) have you always washed your hair every day, or only once you've reached a certain length? Yes, I have always washed it every day.
4) what is your most frequent washing method? Shampoo mainly the scalp and rinse the shampoo through the ends quickly. Then I leave the conditioner on for 5 minutes. I deep condition regularly, too.
5) why do you choose to wash your hair every day? My hair is fine and looks flat and greasy if I go longer. I also like the feeling of freshly washed hair. My hair isn't that long yet, so going a day or two without washing really shows in a bad way and I can't really wear it up yet. I think it could also have to do with my obsessive need for feeling clean. I hate not feeling squeaky clean at all times.
6) Do you feel guilty about it? Do you believe washing your hair every day is in any way detrimental to your hair-growing purposes? I don't feel guilty, but I wish my hair could go longer without washing while still looking/feeling the way I want it to.

boomygrrl
December 2nd, 2009, 10:40 AM
Oh wow! This is a great thread. I too wash my hair everyday. I sometimes skip a day or two...so maybe 4-5 times a week.

This week I'm experimenting with not washing my hair, and I hate it! I washed it Saturday at 6pm and now it's Wednesday almost noon. I have curly hair, and this doesn't suit me well, because my curls look ugly without being freshly washed. I vow I'm going to wash my hair tomorrow!!! And the next day too!!! and the next day!

Okay, so I have fine hair but a lot of it...I don't know the rating system for that...but I know I have 3a/3b hair.
I do have oily skin, but dry hair...weird, I know. I'm thinking washing my hair everyday is probably good for my skin. My hair is dry, but I think conditioning my hair everyday will take care of that. I minimize the sulfates and try to use non-sulfate shampoo mostly.

Do I feel guilty? No, except, I'm thinking it's fading my hair dye coloring out faster...but I'd rather fade my hair dye than have ugly, gooey curls...I rather have bouncy, fresh curls.

wavywords
December 2nd, 2009, 12:35 PM

Fine, thick, and wavy.

Many layers, with the longest at the nape of my neck, slowly creeping down to the shoulders.

I've washed every day for as long as I can remember doing it myself.

Shampoo and conditioner (Dove).

My evenings consist of either a very sweaty workout or several hours spent in a barn full of dusty, drooling horses. :D

Nope, I don't feel guilty at all. My hair looks and feels good, and is growing very nicely.

Thanks for starting this thread! :)

boomygrrl
December 3rd, 2009, 08:34 AM
Ahhhh, I washed my hair today and it feels good. I was inspired by other threads to not wash my hair so often, and I must say when I go a few days without washing, my hair is almost normal looking...not dry, the sebum makes it shiny, but the curl is also relaxed. I hated the smell, as it wasn't freshly washed. Sebum doesn't smell good to me, especially going out in public and attracting all kinds of whatever is in the air. Brushing it out felt goopy.

Today, though, my curls are springy, boingy, fresh. My hair smells so good. My scalp feels clean, rather than mildly itchy.

Yep, love washing my hair!

Messyhair
December 3rd, 2009, 09:07 AM
1) 1bMii
2) The longest layer is to my shoulders, the shortest is just below my lips, but I have had it to my hips before and washed daily then, too.
3) Always washed it daily, no matter if it's 1" or hip length.
4) I shampoo the hair that's touching my head in any way with 2-in-1, and condition the length below my shoulders (none right now).
5) My scalp is so greasy that my hair starts getting stringy by the end of day 1.
6) I don't feel guilty at all! My hair is always in great shape and grows at a nice rate, but it looks and feels awful if not washed daily, so I'm going to wash daily!! :)

Spike
December 3rd, 2009, 10:10 AM

1. 1c/2a--but I may need to re-evaluate that. Turning wavier! :cheese: Medium/coarse, but judging from my sheds I'm getting coarser, too.

2. APL at last, growing from pixie.

3. Started WO washing every morning (and some evenings) at pixie, as I have lots of volume and body until I sleep on it. Then it looks flat-ironed and limp.

4. Twice a week I CWC. Once a week, wash and SMT. The other four days are WO and oil after.

5. My hair looks so much better not all flat and matte. I think it feels softer when it's been washed and conditioned/oiled, and the shine is better, too.

6. Guilt -- no. No judgment about my haircare routine. I have more shine and wave than ever before, so I think I'm doing something right.

Lamb
December 3rd, 2009, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the great replies! I hope this thread will be useful to a lot of people. I'm glad to see so many different heads of hair here, I thought it was only those with very fine/thin/short hair who washed it every day - good to see I was mistaken. :)

Lamb
December 3rd, 2009, 10:49 AM
It may sound wierd, but unwashed hair gives me headaches.
Not weird at all. I'm the same way, even though my hair is really short. It's an odd headache, it's as if my scalp is sore! :tmi:

Liave Ekeli
December 3rd, 2009, 10:58 AM
- As far as I can tell I'm a 1a (I no wave/curl whatsoever), M/F (my individual hairs are quite thin, but they're still "feel-able")
- 29 inches at its longest, but I have some shorter lengths around my face, and bangs
- Not always, I washed more infrequent when I was younger, but I think something happened when I hit puberty, because my hair/scalp became increasingly oily. It had nothing to do with the length of my hair.
- Shampoo (right now I'm going -cone free, and my hair seems to like that), or shampoo bar (sometimes I use a citric acid rinse when I use a bar, but not always.), then conditioner.
- Because having clean hair makes me feel good. If I wanted to, I could stretch to wash every 2-3 days, but I hate the way my hair feels by day 2. For me clean hair is a confidence thing.
- No, not particularly, no. I'm not the gentlest person in the world when I wash, so my hair probably takes some damage, but there is a lot of other things that I avoid or don't need on my hair that other people use daily - heat styling, styling products, etc.
If I felt that washing every day was keeping me from obtaining a hair goal, I probably wouldn't do it.

Masara
December 4th, 2009, 06:58 AM
Not weird at all. I'm the same way, even though my hair is really short. It's an odd headache, it's as if my scalp is sore! :tmi:

That's it exactly. It's good to know I'm not the only one. It's got nothing to do with length. I had the same problem when it was very short.

Isadora Lewie
December 4th, 2009, 08:24 AM

Medium, medium thickness, 3a curly and porous

Mid back, with layers (i know lots of people on here don't like layers but i LOVE them in my hair)

When it was dead short I washed every day. Then I used to wash every 2/3 days until it got just past BSL, now I gots to wash it every day.

coconut oil on length before washing, then no sulphate shampoo on the roots and conditioner only on the length

Curls go manky - flat and tangled if I don't.

A little, but then I get a greasy scalp after a day or so. I used to work with a long haired person who had very greasy roots and it makes me shudder to think I might look like that.

Thanks for starting this thread!

fleurdelis
December 5th, 2009, 10:10 AM
1) what is your hair texture? 1c/F/i
2) what is your hair length? BSL
3) have you always washed your hair every day, or only once you've reached a certain length? only after I started caring yout it and growing it
4) what is your most frequent washing method? first conditioner with olive on the bottom half and shampoo on the top, and then conditioner with honey on the length
5) why do you choose to wash your hair every day? becuase I like my hair to be pretty every day
6) Do you feel guilty about it? Do you believe washing your hair every day is in any way detrimental to your hair-growing purposes? Well..when I feel guilty I do not wash it on weekends, but appart from that I feel very well about it.

smilinjenn71
December 5th, 2009, 10:44 AM
2a/iii/fine
18-ish inches (just got a trim & haven't taken a new measurement)
As a pixie, everyday. As shoulder length and BSL in the past, sometimes every other but that's as long as I go between washings.
W/C, sometimes C/W/C
I can't stand the smell of dirty (yea I know some say natural) hair!! Just the way I am...can't help it!
Absolutely not and wouldn't do it any different anyway, as indicated above.:p

gnegirl
December 5th, 2009, 11:36 AM
1) what is your hair texture? (not length - the fineness/coarseness of individual hairs, the thickness, the wave rate)1a/F/iii
2) what is your hair length? APL give or take 1-2 in.

3) have you always washed your hair every day, or only once you've reached a certain length? Every day, especially after a heavy workout at the gym
4) what is your most frequent washing method? CO/CWC
5) why do you choose to wash your hair every day? My new conditioner smells wonderfully like raspberries.
6) Do you feel guilty about it? Do you believe washing your hair every day is in any way detrimental to your hair-growing purposes? Only if it appeared to be getting damaged.

Laylah
December 5th, 2009, 12:29 PM
I don't wash every day anymore, but I did once for a week while hiking (I couldn't stand grimy sweaty dusty hair overnight), so I don't know if this counts. It didn't seem to damage my hair, but I'm happy with once a week now.

Individual hairs are medium coarseness. I have a lot of hair (iii) and the waves vary from 3b to 2b- curlier on the ends and the nape of the neck, while straighter on top.

31.5 inches, between hip and tailbone.

I usually only wash once per week but I did wash everyday for a week.

When I washed everyday, I used CO method. I only S/C'ed once that week as usual.

I chose to wash everyday because hiking in the desert leaves my hair sweaty, grimy, dusty, and gross.

I didn't feel guilty about it at all. I'm sure it would have been worse if I had left my scalp get so dirty and grimy that it became infected or something. I would have scratched it bloody anyway.

Sissy
December 5th, 2009, 01:32 PM
1) 1c/2a//M//ii

2) 38.5", tailbone length (my goal is 43"/classic length)

3) Pretty much. I wash every night before work but on weekends or holidays I'll try to stretch the wash to every other day as I think it's good to let the hair get greasy sometimes.

4) CO wash (V05 condish for the first, heavier condish for second) * use a sls shampoo about once a week after heavy overnight oiling

5) well, I usually do physical activity every day so working up a sweat makes me need a shower. I also don't like it when my hair starts to smell or look dirty/greasy and that is usually noticeable in the roots of my hair by the second day or third day at the latest.

6) I wish I didn't have to wash so frequently but that's what helps me look more presentable. I haven't really tried washing my body and not washing my hair as that seems to be more trouble than it's worth. I sometimes wonder if my hair health would improve if I avoided washing so much but there isn't really much I can do about it as I'm not willing to go dirty as it makes me feel uncomfortable and self-conscious. :p

Sissy
December 5th, 2009, 01:46 PM
I am interested to see how many of us wash everyday who are tailbone and longer range of hair (around 37" or more).

So far I've noticed myself (38.5"), maria asa (41"), and Rahenna (40").

I hope there are more tailbone and longers out there who wash daily. It would give me great hope to see you post here as I am aiming for classic length myself and it's a long, hard road :) I just hope I can get there by conditioning daily!

LoversLullaby
December 5th, 2009, 02:16 PM
1) 3a/Medium/iii
2) 21 inches. Not very long... Yet!
3) Always have everyday.
4) CWC or CO
5) My curls always look funny after sleeping on them if I don't wash them.
6) No. My hair is in the best condition it's ever been.

iris
December 5th, 2009, 02:45 PM
2C/M/ii

Somewhere between APL and BSL. It has been that length for at least ten years, before (say, age 6-25) it was a bit longer, between BSL and waist.

Ever since I hit puberty for sure. Before then, I don't think I washed it every day, but I can't remember exactly. The length has nothing to do with it for me, it's just that my scalp is quite oily.

I just wet my hair, put some shampoo on my roots in the temple area (that's where it gets oily, the rest of my scalp seems to do fine with WO, I'll shampoo the back of my head/scalp maybe once every three weeks, the length, pretty much never); leave it for a few minutes, then rinse.

Oily scalp. My length also looks better when I wet it every day, but I mostly do it because I don't like walking around with greasy roots.

I don't feel guilty about it, it's just what my scalp/hair needs. I'm not all that invested in growing it much longer anyway. It's plenty long for me :shrug:. But if I desperately wanted to grow it longer, I'd wear it up more before I'd try washing it less.

Lamb
December 5th, 2009, 04:40 PM
I am interested to see how many of us wash everyday who are tailbone and longer range of hair (around 37" or more).
It's very reassuring to me to find there are so many people with "officially" long hair (by LHC standards ;)) who wash their hair every day. I guess I still haven't oversome my guilt over lathering up every day!

Many thanks for the replies, everyone.

I just hope I can get there by conditioning daily!
I'm sure you can. :)

Marika
December 5th, 2009, 11:11 PM
1) what is your hair texture? Fine and straight, medium thickness.

2) what is your hair length? Between hip and tailbone.

3) have you always washed your hair every day, or only once you've reached a certain length? I have always washed my hair every other day and only recently started to wash every day.

4) what is your most frequent washing method? CWC twice a week, CO on other days.

5) why do you choose to wash your hair every day? I got sick and tired of oily and dirty looking hair.

6) Do you feel guilty about it? Do you believe washing your hair every day is in any way detrimental to your hair-growing purposes? I don't feel guilty about it. Actually my hair feels more moisturized and looks healthier since I started to wash everyday. I don't think it's detrimental to my hair-growing purposes. I haven't noticed any negative effects, only positive!:)

Cinnamon Hair
December 5th, 2009, 11:39 PM

First to be clear, I don't shampoo daily. I CO.

1. Individual hairs are mostly medium but I have some fines in there too, thickness is on the border of medium/thick, and waves disappear when I comb.

2. knee

3. Always except on the rare occasion that I don't have access to hot water. That happened last winter and for over two weeks I was miserable.

4. CO. I shampoo once a week when I do a deep treatment.

5. I like to get my hair wet and use smelly conditioners on it. I like the way my updos hold on damp hair. I just like having "fresh" hair everyday. Taking a shower without getting my hair wet is not my thing. That said, if I happened to need two showers in one day I would not wash my hair during the second one. That's just overkill.

6. No guilt. I can't prove that it isn't detrimental since I have not tried washing less frequently for a long period of time, but my hair seems to like it well enough.

Ash
December 6th, 2009, 05:03 PM
1a/1b and the front and undersides are fine hair and the top back is medium

Halfway down my butt, I guess this is still considered tailbone?

Absolutely. It is more time consuming now though.

I CWC on Mon and Thurs and CO all the other days using natural products.

If I don't, it dries out horribly and my scalp develops zits from the sebum. I also need that shower to fully wake up in the mornings and I am very grumpy if I don't feel completely clean.

No guilt here. I am past the stage where I feel guilty for doing things differently to most. :) Besides I am a lot happier with my hair when it is washed and it helps my growing process because I seem to have healthier hair and a better outlook on life when I feel clean. If I am feeling blah and dirty then I am more likely to do destructive things to my hair like cutting or bleaching.

BranwenWolf
December 6th, 2009, 05:09 PM
2b/2c, and ii/iii. I'm not sure that's correct- let's just say I've got moderate waves, some curls, and pretty thick hair.

Tailbone.

I've pretty much always washed it every day. I'm always outside where it gets dirty, and I've always had a greasy scalp.

Oil on the length while dry, get in and get it wet, shampoo and then conditioner. More oil or aloe vera as needed.

It feels like crap when I don't... it's tangly, greasy, stinky and it breaks easier.

I did a bit but my hair was nearly to my knees and I still washed every day. I still think it's worse when I don't wash every day.

Kalyca
December 6th, 2009, 09:13 PM

1)stats are on the left..
2)chin length.
3)i've pretty much always washed on a daily basis, even when my hair was below shoulder length.
4)I'm experimenting with CO again but with a little shampoo mixed in once in a while.
5)my hair is pretty oily and starts to get itchy if I skip more than two days. also, I just feel more confident about my hair if it's been freshly washed. I hate the greasy look and feel of unwashed hair
6)no. i feel like my hair is in good condition =]

maddog_running
December 6th, 2009, 09:25 PM
straight, thin, fine

6 inches

Yes, when it was 30 inches and when it was 1/4 inch (although that was kinda rubbing a bar of soap all over my body)

s/c

It gets greasy and makes my face feel gross if I don't, I've tried oatmeal as a dry shampoo to space out washings but it was messy and took too long.

I know it's not "right" but I need a hair routine with little fuss when I'm busy and with my hair type it seems a bit more effort to go less washings then for those with thick hair. I hadn't consider it to be detrimental to my hair growth, until I got to this site I thought hair just grew (ah, youth). I do try to go longer between washings occasionally but I hate the feel of it so it rarely lasts very long.

Katurday
December 6th, 2009, 09:44 PM
1) Thick, M/C, 1C
2) Between Sldr and APL
3) At around 12 I started washing every day. Before that I washed once a week. In all honesty, I was a smelly greaseball child.
4) SLS free shampoo, Cone-free conditioner, Oil on my ends.
5) I've got oily hair. I've always had oily hair.
6) I don't feel guilty, but my family likes to yell at me for washing it too often. I've started stretching the wash twice per week, so far my hair is okay with it as long as I put it up. Feels gross but doesn't look it, thats all that matters.

HairyCarrie
December 7th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Medium thick, straight, one wave underneath in the center back

Just hit APL at 22"

Every day as far back as I can remember

Diluted shampoo and full strength conditioner. Shampoo all over and rinse out immediately. Condition with focus on the ends, then twist up, clip and leave in while finishing shower. Do a final rinse with tepid water in a PUR container.

I shower every day and don't feel complete unless I do a head-to-toe watering. I don't like wearing a shower cap and don't like second day hair *on me*. I also love the smell of my current shampoo/condish (EverPure Moisturizing products).

6) Do you feel guilty about it?
No, I enjoy the shower process I use and the results to my hair.

7) Do you believe washing your hair every day is in any way detrimental to your hair-growing purposes?
There have been no negative effects so far. I've averaged 1/2 inch a month since starting my growing process and I have no split ends. Through LHC I have learned that my hair doesn't like protein, does like some cones, and that clarifying is needed on occasion. I ponder occasionally about my daily blow drying and curling, but definitely not the washing.

Lady Danger
December 7th, 2009, 11:51 AM
1) what is your hair texture? (not length - the fineness/coarseness of individual hairs, the thickness, the wave rate) 1a / F / i

2) what is your hair length? Just above BSL.

3) have you always washed your hair every day, or only once you've reached a certain length? Always washed daily. Occasionally I'll skip a day, but I am always miserable.

4) what is your most frequent washing method? Non-sulfate, non-'cone shampoo or shampoo bar; conditioner as needed.

5) why do you choose to wash your hair every day? I have always had fine, thin, flat hair with an extremely greasy scalp. It is not the result of overwashing - it is simply my genetics (mom has dry hair but severe SD, dad is just an oil slick) and hormones. If I do not wash daily, I end up with stringy, flat, separated hair that can't even be put up, because then the oily scalp peeks through in pieces. It feels gross. It SMELLS gross. (I too have a sensitive nose and detest the smell of greasy hair.) It itches (I have SD). And sometimes I get a greasy-hair headache. So, I simply must wash daily. The times I don't, when I am pressed for time to the point that I have to skip lest I be in trouble with work, I am always miserable. Also, I feel less put together and professional if I have stinky, greasy, stringy hair.

6) Do you feel guilty about it? Do you believe washing your hair every day is in any way detrimental to your hair-growing purposes? Not at all. In fact, I feel guilty when I don't wash daily.

maryann
December 8th, 2009, 07:15 PM
I do wash my hair daily; as to the questions for those who wash their hair every day:
1) what is your hair texture? (not length - the fineness/coarseness of individual hairs, the thickness, the wave rate) approximately 1b/1c/f/m/ii
2) what is your hair length? about 36"
3) have you always washed your hair every day, or only once you've reached a certain length? always, and I gross myself out if I skip a day ;)
4) what is your most frequent washing method? shampoo, rinse, repeat, conditioner
5) why do you choose to wash your hair every day? it feels oily and stuck-together if I don't
6) Do you feel guilty about it? Do you believe washing your hair every day is in any way detrimental to your hair-growing purposes? Not at all.

smilinjenn71
December 8th, 2009, 07:24 PM
I just want to say how refreshing it is to see others that wash everyday...... makes me feel more "at home" here.:flower:

woodlandnymph
December 8th, 2009, 11:52 PM

1a - wispy baby fine texture

tailbone

Began washing daily when I hit puberty. It was during the "big hair" of the late 80s so my hair was always coated with gel, mousse, and hair spray to make a pitiful attempt to imitate the 'bangs pumped up to Jesus' look that was so popular.

lightly oil my length with monoi oil or camellia oil as an overnight treatment [most nights]. In the morning I will shampoo the scalp, cold water rinse on the length to remove the shampoo suds, and condition the length.

Currently I used Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship S/C and Hello Hydration S/C. During warmer weather I will use Gothic Rosary S/C

Just like making up my bed in the morning, daily s/c is a compulsion. My day doesn't seem right until I am clean from head to toe - every day.

Eh, in the past when I was trying to find the best method for me, but honestly daily washing and light nightly oilings seem to work for me.:p

Lamb
December 9th, 2009, 03:39 PM
I just want to say how refreshing it is to see others that wash everyday...... makes me feel more "at home" here.:flower:
Yep, I feel the same! That's why I'm so happy I started this thread. :D
ETA: Just wanted to say hello to woodlandnymph! I see you are a read oldtimer, glad to meet you. :)

woodlandnymph
December 9th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Yep, I feel the same! That's why I'm so happy I started this thread. :D
ETA: Just wanted to say hello to woodlandnymph! I see you are a read oldtimer, glad to meet you. :)

Likewise!:p

Tovah
January 17th, 2010, 07:24 AM
1) What is your hair texture?
Very fine, curly and thin.

2) What is your hair length?
A bit below collar bone

3) Have you always washed your hair every day, or only once you've reached a certain length?
Started washing every day in my 20's, I don't think it had anything to do with length.

4) What is your most frequent washing method?
Shampoo my scalp but the lather gets on the lengths, condition, (sometimes leave in conditioner) and rosemary oil each time.

5) Why do you choose to wash your hair every day?
While I don't have a particularly oily scalp, I just don't feel clean without washing it. I've tried skipping days, but don't feel fresh or pretty. My hair is very fine and the curls don't look as good if my hair isn't freshly washed.

Honestly, yes I do on occasion feel guilty, but that's because my co-workers and my former hairdresser told me that I shouldn't....but I do anyway. It's my head. I don't think it's detrimental because since I've come to this forum, I have stopped blow drying and using cones and coloring. I figure I can at least wash. I actually get compliments on my hair now, so something must be working.

CherrySilver
January 17th, 2010, 08:51 AM

1b / M / ii

Classic + about 2".

In the past, my washings have varied from 1x/week to 2-3x/week. However, now that I'm working out at least 5x/week, I'm washing almost daily.

CO with diluted non-cone condish mostly. About 2x/week I will use a diluted non-sls poo as I will heavily oil the length and use a topical oil blend on my scalp overnight.

I enjoy the gym and swimming soooooooo much! By the time I'm finished with my run, workout, sauna & swim, I *really* need to wash my hair! Previously, I had given up/curtailed my activities because I was so worried about my hair (duh!). I gained weight, got depressed and started feeling like a slug. After much soul-searching, I decided that my health/body was more important than my hair, but I was determined to find a routine that I could work with without destroying my hair (especially since I am planning on growing it much longer).

I only feel guilty if I DON'T do my daily workout! I take ultra good care of my hair to avoid any damage/breakage. I wear it up in a bun during workouts/sauna, don't get my hair wet while swimming, comb after taking it down, CO/wash and rinse. Oh, against all the rules, I comb in the shower while rinsing the condish out! I also use topicals/massage on a daily basis -- this helps tremendously. I can pretty much count the number of lost hairs on one hand on a daily basis.

Alcenaia
January 17th, 2010, 07:00 PM
Thank you for starting this thread, OP!

1) What is your hair texture?
Fairly thin and fine.

2) What is your hair length?
Two inches shy of classic.

3) Have you always washed your hair every day, or only once you've reached a certain length?
Washed my hair basically every day since I was old enough to wash it myself.

4) What is your most frequent washing method?
Currently I'm trying CWC. Previously it was shampoo, rinse, conditioner, detangle, rinse.

5) Why do you choose to wash your hair every day?
My scalp tends to feel greasy without washing. Rinsing without using shampoo or conditioner makes my hair feel pretty flat and dull. Not washing makes the whole darn thing feel greasy, and it tends to tangle more.

I feel guilty when I damage my hair. I'm trying to get away from damaging activities, in my case not wearing updos often enough and combing/brushing too often or too harshly.

jesamyn
January 17th, 2010, 07:15 PM
2b/2c / F/M / ii

BSL

I didn't when I was a kid, but I have since puberty. When I was a kid, if I went more than a couple of days without washing, I turned into a greaseball.

Diluted SLS shampoo massaged into my scalp, squeeze the bubbles through the ends. I do NOT scrub my length, just squeeze the bubbles from my scalp to the ends after I'm done cleansing the scalp. Follow up with conditioner. Sometimes I CWC if it's feeling a bit dry. I usually CO for a few days after I henna.

I get very oily when I sleep for some reason. I change my pillowcase frequently, so it's not that. My hair also gets hard, dry, and very flyaway if I don't CO at the very least on a daily basis.

Nope, I don't feel guilty at all. This is what makes my hair and scalp happy. I do feel a little defensive when people seem to act like hair must not be washed daily to grow, but it falls under my 'to each their own' clause. I am glad it works for them. So far my daily washing hasn't seemed detrimental, especially since I pay attention to my hair's needs and CWC or CO if it starts acting like it wants a break.

akilina
January 17th, 2010, 07:40 PM
1b/m/i
About apl. I wish it was thicker though.
I always have really.
I just use whatever shampoo im using at the time and really only wash my scalp right where my bangs are and around that area.
When my hair around my face gets oily (and it gets the most oily out of all of it), I get breakouts on my forehead and my skin on my forehead is already...not amazing.
I don't particularly feel guilty at all.I just can't stand greasiness in my bangs. I dont think it really makes a difference in my growth either.

missmandy
March 15th, 2010, 07:01 AM
1) what is your hair texture? (not length - the fineness/coarseness of individual hairs, the thickness, the wave rate)- 2a / F/M / ii
2) what is your hair length?- nearly waist
3) have you always washed your hair every day, or only once you've reached a certain length?- yup!
4) what is your most frequent washing method?- co (vo5 clarifying kiwi and lime conditioner.)
5) why do you choose to wash your hair every day?- i work out every day, so i kind of have to, or else it gets gross.
6) Do you feel guilty about it? Do you believe washing your hair every day is in any way detrimental to your hair-growing purposes?- yes, i do, but i only feel that shampoo every day is bad for it. conditioner makes it nicer!!! so i don't feel guilty about co.

Ravenne
March 15th, 2010, 07:25 AM

- Right now I have myself categorized as 1b, but I'm wondering if I'm a 1c... It's mostly straight but I'll hold braid/bun waves pretty easily if I air dry (which I do most days) and I've got a couple of good, strong waves around my face. Last I measured I was an ii, and my hairs vary in thickness.. I have a lot of F and M but I've got a few C in the dense part in the back of my head. I just say F/M cuz there's no F/M/C. :P

APL. Still..

Every day I go out in public, yes, for as far back as I can remember. I'm sure my overprotective mother washed me every day as a baby too. :)

CO with the occasional CWC to clarify

General oiliness and just.. I feel dirty when I get up in the morning. I need that shower to get myself up and feeling like I can face people. Lol.

Sometimes. I wonder if my hair would be in even better condition if I stretched, but I really don't have the ability to stretch washes right now. College right now, hopefully an internship/job over the summer, more classes next semester.. And I need to be presentable and clean every day. Plus I can't fit all my hair back into a bun yet (darn you, bangs...) and it's those hairs that look the worst. So yeah, this method just works for me. So it's what I do. :)

Mae
June 13th, 2010, 09:41 PM

<--See stats under my avatar.

Pre-puberty, I washed every few days. After puberty, I've tried lots of different things, but I've never gone for an extended period of time washing less than every other day.

CWC

My hair does not look good on the second day without a wash and clean hair makes me feel more confident. Also, I once had a dream where a person came up to me and said, "I think you should wash your hair everyday, it smells bad." I woke up horrified! I'm really paranoid about smelling bad.

No, I agree with "finding what works for you." If stretching washes works for you, power to you! For me, however, skipping days means so much brushing that it hardly saves my hair much handling.

breezefaerie
June 17th, 2010, 07:16 AM

I have fine, thin hair.

19"

For the most part I have washed daily, but try to stretch it by doing Scalp-only washes occasionally.

CO or CWC

My hair looks better and has more volume with daily washing. Plus I just like to wash it, makes me feel good.

Sometimes I do, but then I remember that my hair is for me to enjoy. So, I do whatever seems to work or feels best for me.

SlightlySoprano
June 17th, 2010, 07:21 AM

2c/3a / F / ii

Collarbone when wet, SL when dry/curly

I actually found that now that I have short hair I have to wash it every day or it gets insanely oily!!! When I was between APL and BSL (Early May) I could wash it every 3 days...

Sulphate free shampoo(or shampoo bar) + conditioner

Its REALLY gross when I don't

YES I feel guilty about it and I want to go back to at least every other day, but now that I'm working out more often, its looking less and less likely.

LoveMyMutt
June 17th, 2010, 07:45 AM
During the winter I probably only wash my hair 2x per week. But in the summer, I have not found a reliable way to keep it from smelling like sweaty bike helmet (I'm a mountain biker and ride daily during spring/summer/fall). So it gets washed pretty much every day when I'm riding.

2b/c with a little 3a in spots / F / iii

Longest layers are just hitting APL

I used to wash it daily when it was super-short, because it got awful bed-head if I didn't and also because I had to use a lot of styling gunk on it which looked nasty the 2nd day. Once I grew it out to a reasonable length I didn't *need* to wash it daily, and once I stopped using cones/sulfates I never got greasy roots any more. I could probably go a week without washing it but it would look like a frizzy puffball after 3 days or so.

CO wash, then condition, then a leave in (My hair is wavy/curly and LOVES moisture)

If I'm riding my bike a lot, it gets gross from helmet sweat. Also, by day 3 it is very frizzy and puffy looking.

Nope. It's conditioner only, so it doesn't get dried out. In fact, sometimes it gets a little OVER-conditioned during the summer; in that case, I switch to water-washes for a few days. I follow the Curly Girl method and my hair's health has improved so dramatically in the past year and a half that I honestly don't think I'm doing anything bad to it.

virgo75
June 17th, 2010, 08:09 AM
I think a 2/3 a/b/F/ii . My hair is curly sometimes, maybe more wavy than curly.

Just had a trim so back to shoulder.

No, I used to wash a couple of times a week because I thought it was 'bad' or drying to wash more often. Plus I was lazy. lol Now I wash daily because my hair and scalp feel better when I do. I also like to smell good. ;)

I think some version of C/W/C. I usually oil my hair and scalp and like to massage my scalp before washing, then shampoo, then towel dry, then condition. Sometimes I just W/C or CO when I'm in a hurry.

Once I started, I can't seem to stop. lol I found that my hair and scalp actually feel more moisturized and 'happier' when I wash daily.

I don't feel guilty because as I said, my hair and scalp are in much better condition than they were when I washed less frequently. If anything, it may actually be helping my hair growing because I massage my scalp almost every day and my hair is thicker and healthier than it's been in years. When I washed less frequently my hair was often dry, more prone to tangles, and I had dandruff.

Hope that helps. :flower:

sukhi_v1023
June 17th, 2010, 08:30 PM
I'm so happy to see this thread. For the past little while, I've been considering that my experiment with washing every 3rd day might be causing my hair to look a little less than... likeable, in my eyes. I've always felt like a pariah for wanting to wash my hair a little more often than what most people recommend, and have always feared that it would cause my hair to go *CRAZY*.

I think it's time I ended this self-imposed punishment, and start doing what my scalp really wants and needs me to do. Thank you, everyone who posted here, for sharing your routines. I am no longer a pariah! Long, healthy hair and scalp, here I come!

Nevermore
June 17th, 2010, 10:36 PM
This is in my info :)

36 inches/tailbone after a two inch trim (length stat is wrong in info, haven't changed it yet)

I always tried to as a child, but didn't get to until fairly recently, in the last two or so years. I stopped washing daily for awhile because my hair takes FOREVER to dry and didn't need daily washing at the time. It does now because of where I work.

Shampoo scalp with Suave's knock off of Aveda in Rosemary Mint, let suds rinse down the length. Squeeze water out gently in the shower, squeeze the rest out in a towel, apply rinse out conditioner (the Rosemary Mint one, it does have a cone) in liberal amounts and leave in.

I do a lot of physical labor and usually leave work sweaty and with some kind of sugar/dust/grime in my hair. I don't feel clean or happy again until after a shower and hair wash. If I switched jobs, I might go back to washing differently or less often.

No and yes. Without being dramatic about it, my work environment is very stressful and I avoid being reminded of it when I'm not there because it's bad for my mental health. So, I wash my hair for my mental health as much as for cleanliness. I can't feel guilty for that. I do think it's not an optimal way of treating my hair, but I'm being as good to my hair as I can be while still washing it every day (coconut oil, lots of conditioner, aloe gel, gentle detangling, I wear it up or braided on average probably 20 hours of every day)

Nevermore
June 17th, 2010, 10:42 PM
Sorry, double post.

finehairedgirl
July 5th, 2010, 01:31 PM
) what is your hair texture? (not length - the fineness/coarseness of individual hairs, the thickness, the wave rate)
fine to normal texture, straight with a very slight wave

between collar-bone length and apl.

Pretty much always. I remember always doing so as a child and as a teenager and in my 20's. For the past 8 months or so I have tried to wash every other day. My hair has never "adjusted" by producing less oil. I still have a very oily scalp that I believe contributes to dandruff and acne on my face and neck. With the heat of summer I have started to wash every day again.

shampoo concentrated on the scalp, but I do use a generous dollup. Rinse and conditioner from about my ears down, rinse that out and sometimes a leave in detangler like johnson & johnson's no more tears spray on.

like I said, I think not washing it contributes to my acne and dandruff. My acne has gotten worse recently and I wonder if washing every day again will help to clear it up. Plus I struggle with how it smells on the no-wash days. By the time I go to bed and it's been almost two days, it is extremely oily and doesn't smell so good. I get embarrassed that my husband will notice the smell. I just feel better with it clean.

I do feel guilty about it, but reading about other people with much longer hair than I have who do the same thing, it makes me feel better. I feel more guilty about the water I'm using than about my hair per say, but I try not to take forever in the shower so that I don't use too much. My hair is definitely softer when I wash every other day on the non-wash day, but by the end of the day that I washed it, I would say that it is about the same level of soft. Plus having a clean scalp keeps me from picking at my scalp and causing tons of hair to fall out, which must be better for my hair.

brunetka
July 5th, 2010, 03:33 PM

1b, F, i/ii

shoulder/collar bone, depending on which layer you look at

when I was a kid, I washed my hair less frequently. my mom has 1c/2a, M, ii/iii hair and she washes twice a week or so, so she washed my hair the same way she did hers. i always had limp/stringy looking hair in a pony tail because my hair more fine and thinner than hers. i started washing every other day in my teens and then every day in my early twenties.

shampoo on scalp and conditioner from ears down. i recently started oiling my hair overnight almost every night, so it's really a CWC, with the oil acting as the first C.

my hair gets weighed down quickly by natural oils and since it's nearly straight, fine, and a bit thin, this looks "dirty" very quickly. I wash daily to feel good about how my hair looks.

no, I think that each combination of hair type and scalp type requires it's own care regimen and the best care for my hair involves washing at least every other day. there is no point in having supposedly "healthier" hair with fewer washings if it means having "unattractive, dirty-looking" hair.

luthien_belewen
July 11th, 2010, 09:11 PM
I wash everyday! I have fine, medium thickness, straight hair. I can't stand going to bed without washing my scalp (or my whole self for that matter)! By the end of the day, my hair is limp, stringy and greasy feeling. I know many people say to not wash everyday, but I just love the feeling of washing my hair. If I get in the shower and get out without washing it, I feel...not finished! Anyway, my hair does well with this routine. I don't notice it drying out, and I do put conditioner on the ends every 2 or 3 days.

Tapioca
July 11th, 2010, 10:03 PM
1) what is your hair texture? 2b/M/iii - wavy, medium-thickness hairs, but a lot of them
2) what is your hair length? 40.5", which comes just past tailbone on me
3) have you always washed your hair every day, or only once you've reached a certain length? Pretty much always. I've tried stretching between, with no success
4) what is your most frequent washing method? Shampoo on scalp (my own mix - Head and Shoulders, TJ's Tea Tree Tingle and TJ's Nourish, watered down), then conditioner only on the length. My scalp hates conditioner.
5) why do you choose to wash your hair every day? I have Dermatitis, and washing any less frequently makes my scalp itch like mad and crust over.
6) Do you feel guilty about it? Do you believe washing your hair every day is in any way detrimental to your hair-growing purposes? It might be, but I'd rather have to trim my hair shorter to get rid of damage than deal with a freaked-out scalp. And so far, so good on the length. Every time I get a trim, the hairstylist mentions that my hair is in really good condition and I find very few splits in my S&D.

Elenna
July 11th, 2010, 11:13 PM
1) what is your hair texture? 2a/f/ii - wavy, fine hair.
2) what is your hair length? 25"
3) have you always washed your hair every day, or only once you've reached a certain length? Most of my life. My hair gets really greasy and unmanageable when not washed.
4) what is your most frequent washing method? Lately, I've been doing conditioner washes on most days and a shampoo wash about once per week. I do wash my bangs with shampoo everyday though that way they are fluffy. Overall, I love the way my hair feels and behaves with these wash methods.
5) why do you choose to wash your hair every day? See above answers.
6) Do you feel guilty about it? No why should I? My hair is like silk.

alwayssmiling
July 12th, 2010, 02:49 AM
1) Texture: thick wavy/curly
2) Length: 19.5" just past collar bone when pulled straight
3) Used to wash my hair every other day, but since I had a fringe cut in seems to get greasy quickly, so wash everyday. Tried fringe washes but found it easier to wash the whole scalp.
4) Conditioner/oil on dry hair, then shampoo scalp, then condition the ends, leave small amount on the very ends
5) Partly because of greasy fringe, partly because I love texture and smell of my hair freshly washed.
6) Yes I do feel guilty - because I use SLS shampoos with coney conditioners. I'm going to use up my stash then rethink the products that I use in future.

Chrissy
July 12th, 2010, 06:34 AM

1AFii

Around 22"

Yes my whole life.

Shampoo and condish

I have very oily hair. It was worse when I was younger. I look awful if I don't wash every day. A greasy mess.

Not at all! I have had nothing bad happen because I wash everyday. I still get many hair compliments. It looks really bad if I don't wash everyday.

kristymarie87
July 12th, 2010, 07:31 AM

1bMii

Shoulder (to my collarboneish)

Once i hit 17 i think and i rarely go a day without unless i know i'll be in a few days!

Poo and condition with the odd CWC

My roots get so oily, i do have dry ends though so i tend to use conditioner there only. If i dont wash for one day it looks greasy and feels horrible!

I dont feel guilty but it gets annoying when i cant be bothered to wash but have to and drying it all the time probably damages it a bit more than if i washed and dryed less frequently!

triumphator!
July 12th, 2010, 08:42 AM
1) what is your hair texture? (not length - the fineness/coarseness of individual hairs, the thickness, the wave rate) 1c/m/ii, you know, white girl hair.

2) what is your hair length? 19"

3) have you always washed your hair every day, or only once you've reached a certain length? I always have, that's how momma taught me : )

4) what is your most frequent washing method? Sometimes S&C, sometimes CWC, I'm not really that "disciplined"

5) why do you choose to wash your hair every day? My hair looks really strange and not presentable when I wake up in the morning, and doing other routines confuses my hair and annoys me. Washing every day just works to "reset" my hair.

6) Do you feel guilty about it? Do you believe washing your hair every day is in any way detrimental to your hair-growing purposes? Well, I don't know. I have always washed frequently, and my hair seems to do alright. Sometimes I think everyone is way more paranoid about breakage than they should be, but that's just my opinion. To be offensive to a lot of people on this board, I think if youre so worried about breakage that you actively don't wash your hair to combat it... that's a little weird. Maybe I just have hardy hair and don't understand or something.

kristymarie87
July 12th, 2010, 09:45 AM
My hair looks really strange and not presentable when I wake up in the morning, and doing other routines confuses my hair and annoys me. Washing every day just works to "reset" my hair.

I never thought of it like that, but i guess i do that too!!

It looks so terrible and is bent up in so many places it would take too long to flatten and too hard to keep volume, so i wash and start over! Plus it looks greasy when i try and restyle...

Herb
July 12th, 2010, 12:51 PM
I would love to go without washing everyday, but being a teenager, my scalp gets too itchy and flaky!

1) Medium, thick, and pin-straight

2) Tailbone

3) Always; too uncomfortable to go without it!

4) Dandruff shampoo, normal shampoo, and conditioner

5) Because even if I just skip the shampoo, my hair scalp becomes shockingly greasy.

6) Not quite, since it's necessary for me at my age. My hair is good with it. When I'm older, however, I'll be happy to space out my hair washing.

Fizz
July 12th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Medium fine hair, but lots of it. Slight wave.

34 - 35 inches

I've always washed it every day.

Small amount of shampoo on the scalp, conditioner on the rest.
I dry it by using about 7 turbytowels!

Because I work in a hospital and I like to feel clean before going to bed!

No guilt! Doesn't seem to hinder growth at all.

Yamainu
July 13th, 2010, 03:37 AM
1) 1b/i/ii/F/M
2) Just brushing waist
3) I've been trying for months to train my hair to go every other day or every three days. Not. A. Success.
4) I used to shampoo the scalp and condition the tips, but now I CWC, making sure the second condition gets from root to tip - my hair's been much happier. I think I was aggravating the grease issue by drying out my roots.
5) Because my hair's so fine and light colored, the slightest bit of grease (to the touch) makes it look disgusting.
6) Being a newbie here, it's hard not to feel guilty looking at everyone here with such pretty hair who only wash a few times a week.

Lize
August 20th, 2010, 06:07 AM

1b/F/M/ii

APL

No, since my teens I have almost always washed my hair every other day. Sometimes I have been trying to stretch to every three och four days, but that doesn't really work for my hair.

Shampoo and conditioner right now, but I am in the process of switching to CO. I plan to use shampoo about one a week to clarify. I am cone free right now.

Right now it's because I really wanna keep my motivation to grow long and I like my hair so much more when it's newly washed. Also I train/exercise almost every day and get sweaty. If I rinse my hair I might as well wash it.

I used to feel guilty but I know that there are a few people on the boards who have reached great lengths who wet their hair every day. I am more concerned about getting the hair wet than the effects of shampoo or conditioner. I feel more guilty about not being able to grow my virgin hair color and that I put bleach in my hair... If I could stop the bleaching I don't think washing every day would be a problem.

wvgemini
August 20th, 2010, 06:22 AM
1) what is your hair texture? (not length - the fineness/coarseness of individual hairs, the thickness, the wave rate) fine, but I have a lot of it.
2) what is your hair length? Long bob
3) have you always washed your hair every day, or only once you've reached a certain length? Pretty much always washed every day. In Winter I can go every other day, but not in Summer.
4) what is your most frequent washing method? Don't really have one.
5) why do you choose to wash your hair every day? I lice how it looks and my hair behaves better fresh washed.
6) Do you feel guilty about it? Do you believe washing your hair every day is in any way detrimental to your hair-growing purposes? Not really. I condition and treat it very well.

Centaur
August 20th, 2010, 02:28 PM

My hair is on the fine side of medium, and it is wavy and thin.

APL+

For most of my life I washed every day. A couple years ago when I had around waist length hair, I would often skip a day or two and just wear my hair wrapped up on top of my head.

My current routine is more or less wash every day with a SLS free shampoo scalp and let suds just run down the length as I rinse and then condition entire head, concentrating more conditioner on the length. Apply aloe vera and then either sweet almond oil or coconut oil to the ends. One time per week do a deep oiling and a deep conditioning treatment. One time per week wash with a clarifying shampoo, use a heavy conditioner, rinse and then do a diluted ACV rinse.

Unfortunately, due to my history of and tendency towards seborrheic dermatitis, if I don't wash my scalp everyday, I get a gunky buildup on my scalp and itch and shed worse. When I did not wash my hair everyday, as referenced in my answer to question number 2 when I had waist length hair, it seemed to worsen my SD problem.

I do sometimes feel guilty about it. I am currently starting to experiment with CWC method and may start experimenting with other forms of shampoo - making my own, herbal powder shampoos, or different commercial shampoos and diluting commercial shampoos. I want to make my scalp AND hair as happy and healthy as possible.

excentricat
August 21st, 2010, 05:18 PM
I give up. I've always washed every day. I've spent the last 3 1/2 weeks trying to go every other day. I can't take it any more. My hair is NOT adjusting. So, we will be continuing with every day. There are plenty of other good things I can do to my hair.

1) 1b/F/ii but on the thin side of ii

2) halfway between shoulder and APL

3) Always except for the past couple of very greasy weeks. And maybe when I was very little.

4) Scalp washing, then squeeze it through a bit, conditioner after. I'm going to try some of the other things I've read about to make it more gentle.

5) I stay a greaseball. I know that its supposed to take longer than I gave it to work its self out, but I did not get any less oily at all. Perhaps I also have a low tolerance for it.

6) I refuse to feel guilty. I gave it a try and failed. Onward to new experiments.

Qwackie
August 21st, 2010, 05:22 PM
Pretty straight, really thick strands, I can hear them if I rub my fingers on them.
A little above the collar bone. Last I checked 15 inches.
I've always washed it daily.
CWC
It gets oily. A lot.
I only do it because my hair gets oily fast.

christine1989
August 21st, 2010, 06:36 PM
1. My hair's texture is thick coarse strands and very wavy.
2. Currently beyond APL coming up on BSL in a few months.
3. I have been washing daily for years.
4. I frequently CO wash but shampoo after oiling about 1-2 times a week.
5. I wash daily because I am a HUGE clean freak :)
6. I feel so guilty that I can't stop daily washing but I try to oil plenty to make up for it. Hopefully when my hair gets a bit longer and eaiser to put up in the shower I will do it every other day.

smileycat
August 22nd, 2010, 11:15 AM
I notice lots of straight and fine hair posts. Me too!

1b/c, F, ii/iii
Halfway between shoulder and APL.
Daily since my teens, though very occasionally I try to skip a day.
Mostly CO with shampoo once or twice a week.
Sebum weighs me down! Plus I am active and need to cleanse out the sweat.
Why feel guilty about it? My hair LIKES the daily cleansing!

DuckyDot
August 22nd, 2010, 11:56 AM
1) 2c/3a, M/C, ii
2) A Just over 2 inches past Shoulder Length
3) Daily Since I Learnt to Control a Scalp Problem, (Since I was about 10)
4) Sulphate-Free Shampooing and then Conditioning the Length
5) My Scalp Problem Becomes Itchy and My hair gets Greasy and just Horrid.
6) No! I love Washing my Hair! So Clean And nice!

ericthegreat
August 22nd, 2010, 12:26 PM
My hair can vary between 1a, 1b, and sometimes even 1c depending on the climate. But in general my hair is usually quite straight.

The longest lengths of my hair now reach around 44 inches.

Ever since I was a child I've had my hair washed or rinsed every day. My scalp has always been very oily and it simply demands to have water run over it every day. Coming into LHC, I have attempted a few times to go several days without having water touch my head, and each time was simply a greasy, disgusting failure. My scalp simply produces so much oil, and if I really go too long without rinsing my hair my scalp will itch and I start scratching.

What I do now and have been doing now for the past 3 years or so (I learned about long hair care and COing before even joining LHC) is I have been COing my hair every night. COing works great for both my hair and my scalp. It is much less drying than shampoo is on my hair, but since I am still letting water rinse over my scalp every day, it keeps it clean. I actually think now that my hair and my scalp has completely adjusted to using just conditioner. I clarify my hair about once a month, and this routine works wonderful for me.

No, I don't feel guilty at all. I've learned that everyone's hair and scalp needs are different, so I don't need to compare what my needs are to someone else's needs. As long as we all find what haircare method works the best for us, that's what really matters.

smileycat
August 22nd, 2010, 12:34 PM
ericthegreat, my experience with CO is much like yours. My oily scalp and hair love it, and I wake with the greasiest hair (I cleanse in the morning after working out) one day after my clarifying shampoo day. My hair is much less oily on my CO days.

ericthegreat
August 22nd, 2010, 02:44 PM
ericthegreat, my experience with CO is much like yours. My oily scalp and hair love it, and I wake with the greasiest hair (I cleanse in the morning after working out) one day after my clarifying shampoo day. My hair is much less oily on my CO days.

Hi there smileycat. :) I think we're hair twins, it sounds like we both have the same exact kind of hair and the same issues/problems that go with it.

jlw9222
August 22nd, 2010, 03:29 PM
Okay here I go:

1) what is your hair texture? My hair is normal in texture and thickness but leans more toward fine.
2) what is your hair length? My hair is currently a little past waist.
3) have you always washed your hair every day, or only once you've reached a certain length? ALWAYS!!! I would hate to have people running away from me screaming. :) I have oilier hair and it just feels yucky if I don't wash it everyday.
4) what is your most frequent washing method? I put a lighter conditioner on my ends before I wash my roots. After I rinse everything out, I use a nice rinse out conditioner with *gasp* cones.
5) why do you choose to wash your hair every day? See answer to #3. I feel icky if I don't. :)
6) Do you feel guilty about it? Do you believe washing your hair every day is in any way detrimental to your hair-growing purposes? No and No.

I love how my hair looks when I wash it everyday.

Gilly
August 23rd, 2010, 03:05 AM
1) what is your hair texture? (not length - the fineness/coarseness of individual hairs, the thickness, the wave rate) fine and starting to go grey!

2) what is your hair length? Collar length

3) have you always washed your hair every day, or only once you've reached a certain length?I started to wash daily once I was living away from home, My parents would not let me wash my hair more than once a week, I could have fried chips on it by the 3rd day!
4) what is your most frequent washing method? Just plain shampoo and conditioner
5) why do you choose to wash your hair every day? I am blonde and that with the fact that it goes crazy overnight means that its the only option if I am going to have happy shiney hair!
6) Do you feel guilty about it? Do you believe washing your hair every day is in any way detrimental to your hair-growing purposes? I used to, but now I think its more important how I feel rather than what others think of me!

LuciousLox
September 19th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Baby fine, but thick.

A few inches below shoulder (14")

Always

Shampoo, concentrating on scalp, daily. Finish with matching conditioner.
I use salon-quality brands. Right now I am using Rusk "Healthy."

My hair feels better & I feel better :)
I hate how heavy and stringy my hair feels if I skip a day of washing.

I used to... Until I started this thread; http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78206 and found I was not alone :)

smilinjenn71
September 20th, 2011, 05:09 AM
My hair can vary between 1a, 1b, and sometimes even 1c depending on the climate. But in general my hair is usually quite straight.

The longest lengths of my hair now reach around 44 inches.

Ever since I was a child I've had my hair washed or rinsed every day. My scalp has always been very oily and it simply demands to have water run over it every day. Coming into LHC, I have attempted a few times to go several days without having water touch my head, and each time was simply a greasy, disgusting failure. My scalp simply produces so much oil, and if I really go too long without rinsing my hair my scalp will itch and I start scratching.

What I do now and have been doing now for the past 3 years or so (I learned about long hair care and COing before even joining LHC) is I have been COing my hair every night. COing works great for both my hair and my scalp. It is much less drying than shampoo is on my hair, but since I am still letting water rinse over my scalp every day, it keeps it clean. I actually think now that my hair and my scalp has completely adjusted to using just conditioner. I clarify my hair about once a month, and this routine works wonderful for me.

No, I don't feel guilty at all. I've learned that everyone's hair and scalp needs are different, so I don't need to compare what my needs are to someone else's needs. As long as we all find what haircare method works the best for us, that's what really matters.

Eric & Smileycat - I sound just like you guys when it comes to oily scalp. I can go about 1.5 days before the oils start taking over. When I was growing out the last time, I tried CO and just couldn't get the hang of it. For me, I [B]had/B] to wash everyday with CO, instead of stretching about 2 days. (even though it would get oily at 1.5 days, I wouldn't wash until that night or the following morning) Do either of you have tips for me regarding CO? Maybe I wasn't doing it correctly.

I would use a lot of conditioner, wash well and rinse really well too. Maybe you just have to wash daily with CO?

ps-Just picked up some dry shampoo and used it this morning....will be interested to see what my roots look like by days end. Washed yesterday morning.

Liss
September 20th, 2011, 05:28 AM

My hair is fine, less than 2" ponytail thickness and pretty much dead straight.

BSL

I've always washed it everyday, ever since I was about 10

It varies between CO and S&C

Because my scalp is oily and nothing else can control it.

I don't feel guilty, I feel clean and fresh.

vanillabones
September 20th, 2011, 08:12 AM

Baby fine, under 2", 1b so very straight most days

My hair is shoulder length now with layers all inbetween, shortest layers are to the bottom of my ears now... yay.

Once I hit puberty I would have to wash it every day in the morning and it would be incredibly greasy by the same night. I could have washed twice per day. My hair was long then and I discovered dry shampoo and then I could wash every other or every two days. When I cut my pixie I needed to wash almost if not every day, again.

I love CWC, I use a non SLS shampoo, a cheapie for the first 'C' and cones in the second 'C'. I have been doing CO with v05 on days I don't have anything important to do.

I wash everyday right now because it looks better. My hair is all uneven lengths and it is hard to make it look presentable without being freshly washed. Also it makes me feel better about myself and is giving me 'something to do' every day by cleaning myself and my hair every night when I am so depressed. I do get greasy quickly regardless and my scalp will breakout and get so itchy I will pick at it.

I do feel guilty about it. I am worried it will make my hair less pretty in the long-run. The majority of people on LHC stretch washes and I am paranoid and think I am doing something bad for my hair. When my hair is longer again (APL+) I will stretch every other day or more. I will stretch every other day right now if I get happy again and don't need the distraction.

long
September 20th, 2011, 10:30 AM
1) My hair is fine and thin with some large waves.
2) My length is just around collar bone in front a little longer in back and growing.
3) I have washed my hair daily as an adult. Less as a child.
4) cwc works well for me. My scalp loves to be cleaned and dislikes conditioner on it.
5) I get an oily scalp and have really tried to stretch washes but it has never worked for me. I like the clean feeling of a daily wash and exercise alot so I need it. I also have to be presentable for work on a daily basis and I work with people so need to be sensitive to hygiene issues.
6) I was feeling a little guilty about it till I read this thread.

nobeltonya
September 20th, 2011, 10:36 AM

1. 2a/2b M ii regular? it seems to be getting slightly course.. idk *shrugs* Near the scalp, it's pretty thick. At the moment, I'm keeping it around waist to thicken up the ends.
2. waist
3. always
4. Heavily oil every other day, shampoo scalp and length. In between, slightly oil scalp, shampoo scalp only [for winter, otherwise I don't oil my scalp in between]. I leave on the shampoo for only 2 minutes. Condition ends and front "bangs"
5. Because if I don't, it's a greasy, gross mess.. dull, limp, flaky. And, my ends are actually drier.
6. Nope, I feel worse about not doing it. I haven't had any problems with it.. it's easier to comb, looks and smells better. Feels clean.

Saraya
September 26th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Very thick in volume of hair, individual hairs are very fine. Slight wave, more volume than anything.

Currently just above shoulder length.

Always washed everyday. Used to be bleach blonde, almost white hair and would condition on days when it felt really dry. Now that it's healthier its oilier and i have to wash everyday.

Shampoo and condition everyday. Leave-in conditioner and serum. Biolage.

I love the feeling of soft clean hair.

Not at all. I dont think anyone should feel guilty for washing their hair everyday. I have to otherwise it gets gross. And i feel like dirty hair isn't going to grow as well as clean hair.

Finally a thread about washing daily! I didn't think there really was one and was starting to get really disappointed and think that everyone was CO or WO washing. Don't let anyone convince you that you should not shampoo everyday! If that works for your hair then great but don't let anyone push you into doing it if shampooing is working great for you.
We gotta stick together!:beercheer:

Rebeccalaurenxx
September 30th, 2011, 06:37 PM
I guess fine and thin. Though i used to have more hair on my head but after a horrible incident with extensions, i lost a lot of hair. But im growing it back, slowly but surely.
About 2 inches past collar bone, and two inches maybe, shy of APL :-)
As child, no. Maybe once a week. Then when I hit puberty, yes. Then maybe i tried showering every other day or every 3 days, which worked because my hair was dry and damaged from bleaching, but then i got my hair back into shape and now I wash every day.
CWC. Im trying to alternate between CWC and CO, but my hair is too fine for JUST conditioner, and it does not get out all of the oils my hair produces and the oil i use to seal the moisture in.
My hair is fine and looks VERY greasy after a day of running around. If i sat around and did nothing every day I could probably stretch washes but i cant.
No, and no. My hair seems to grow faster when it is clean actually. Because of my dandruff and dry itchy scalp, washing daily is just MUCH better for me and my hair.

kidari
September 30th, 2011, 06:44 PM
medium, bottom is more fine textured and is a 1b and never frizzes while the top is coarser and tends to frizz and is about a 1c/2a
mid back about 27-28 inches
yes always, in fact when it's chin length I sometimes shampoo twice a day and use no conditioner
any shampoo on the scalp letting the rinse out wash the length and any conditioner from the ears down only but I love to do oil shampoo and CO once in a while alternating different methods
my hair is very oily and I work out often but in general it looks better if I wash daily and it looks horrible if I stretch washes and I get scalp issues
sometimes I used to when I was growing it to BSL but I just do weekly treatments and alternate washes with a CO wash when I feel guilty but lately I have no guilt or shame whatsoever about it because it works well for me to wash daily

MaryRose
September 30th, 2011, 07:01 PM
1) what is your hair texture? 2c/M/ii
2) what is your hair length? 21 inches/APL+
3) have you always washed your hair every day, or only once you've reached a certain length? I wash my hair everyday and plan to keep my hair washing routine once I reach my goal of waist length.
4) what is your most frequent washing method? Every night.
5) why do you choose to wash your hair every day? My hair gets oily if I don't wash everyday.
6) Do you feel guilty about it? Do you believe washing your hair every day is in any way detrimental to your hair-growing purposes? Sometimes when I think I might be damaging it. Yes, but my hair does not show any damage to my everyday washing.

busnutmedic
September 30th, 2011, 08:25 PM
1) what is your hair texture? 1a/1b / F/M / i/ii
2) what is your hair length? Shoulder.
3) have you always washed your hair every day, or only once you've reached a certain length? When I had longer hair, I washed less frequently. I'm pretty sure I'll continue to wash daily even when it gets longer, though.
4) what is your most frequent washing method? Diluted shampoo + cone conditioner.
5) why do you choose to wash your hair every day? Because I take a shower everyday. It's just easier. I feel like my hair gets greasy, too. The last few weeks I haven't always showered every day, which means my hair goes two days without washing. It's not so bad - I brush it and put a hairband on. But generally, daily.
No and no. I stopped feeling guilty a while ago. I don't plan on going to classic this time, so I don't think it will matter. I do want to start COing though, because I really liked it last time I was doing that.

Rocket22
September 30th, 2011, 08:32 PM
]Fine 2a/b bottom of the ii for thicknes[/[/B]I]
[I]tiny bit past BSL
Yeah pretty much have always washed every day
shampoo on roots and conditioner on length
My fine thin hair needs it and it looks better when I do
no not guilty , no

lizdini
September 30th, 2011, 08:46 PM
2c/m/ii
apl
yes, thinking about stretching washes, but afraid of the oliys
CWC
oily scalp, it seems to be the 'norm'
sometimes, I worry that once it gets long enough and I start wearing it up more it will never dry!