PDA

View Full Version : Mermaid Braids

LittleOrca
December 1st, 2009, 05:15 PM
A few months ago there was a thread where someone was asking about mermaid braids. They were corrected with their name and that they were looking for milkmaid braids, sound the same understandable mix up.

Today, I made mermaid braids: :D

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff176/Little_Orca/Long%20Hair%20Gallery/Braids/IMG_2830-1.jpg

Alright, so it's still milkmaid, but I'm wearing pearls and a starfish, that has to count right? lol

Speckla
December 1st, 2009, 05:18 PM
Something's fishy around here... hee hee! :D

LittleOrca
December 1st, 2009, 05:19 PM
lol Speck :P :flower:

Xandergrammy
December 1st, 2009, 05:42 PM
I think your mermaid braids are adorable!!

windinherhair
December 1st, 2009, 05:55 PM
This updo suits you well Little Orca! Very cute too. It looks like mermaid braids to me, especially with the pearls and a starfish. :)

InTheCity
December 1st, 2009, 05:59 PM
Love it!

And the fishy comment made me giggle.

BlndeInDisguise
December 1st, 2009, 07:38 PM
Very, very pretty! :)

RoseRedDead
December 1st, 2009, 07:44 PM
That's awesome. I can't wait until my hair is long enough for mermaid braids!

(BTW, love your necklace... I adore pearls. :love:)

klcqtee
December 1st, 2009, 08:11 PM
Hm, when I read "mermaid braids" I thought of how they'll have small braids randomly strewn through the layers of hair, and some sort of pearl encrusted comb. I must admit though, yours are adorable!

I love when people use cool hair toys!

little_acorn
December 1st, 2009, 08:14 PM
Beautiful Orca :D

pradabacon
December 1st, 2009, 09:13 PM
:D Too funny!

ericthegreat
December 1st, 2009, 09:20 PM
That is a beautiful wrap around crown braid LittleOrca. I love the starfish! And what I love about braids is that once you take them out, you get even lovelier mermaid braid waves!

Speaking of the sea, my favorite kinds of braids are the fishtail braids.

LittleOrca
December 1st, 2009, 11:33 PM
Thanks everyone. :)

I love herringbone braids, Eric, but I have yet to make one successfully... they end up looking like a salmon fillet that was torn apart, lol.

Konstifik
December 2nd, 2009, 12:32 AM
That's so pretty! And the star really suits the updo and you :flower:

JamieLeigh
December 2nd, 2009, 08:46 AM
Gorgeous! Love the starfish (and the tat!! :D)

Newniepg
December 2nd, 2009, 08:53 AM
That starfish as a hair accessory is lovely. The braids are lovely also. :)

abritta3
December 2nd, 2009, 11:08 AM
I love it! That is precious!

ZenBird07
December 2nd, 2009, 08:53 PM
Hmmm...It's been a while since I last tried this. The braid ate up all my length. I think I shall give it another go. My chopstick has worn out it's welcome. You've made it look so lovely(the milkmaid braid)...:)

Elainehali
December 2nd, 2009, 09:19 PM
I have a starfish hair toy that I made. People are always asking how it stays in my hair. (Mine sticks with the hook side of velcro.) Sometimes I joke that it's a parasite. lol

How is yours sticking?

LittleOrca
December 2nd, 2009, 10:49 PM
I have a starfish hair toy that I made. People are always asking how it stays in my hair. (Mine sticks with the hook side of velcro.) Sometimes I joke that it's a parasite. lol

How is yours sticking?

I hot-glued it on to a hair barrette clip. The ones that always say "Made in France" on them.