PDA

View Full Version : trying to hair type today

mommy2one05
April 24th, 2008, 12:53 PM
I washed my hair with my s & c in the shower with it down and tried to somewhat comb it in the shower and then i have left alone so far....but it is so hard because i am a creature of habit and i ALWAYS comb out all tangles as soon as my hair is washed. It is driving me crazy and it has only been a little over an hour so still wet, if i make it i will post pic tonight. how important is it to type your hair ( in case I give in and comb ) ?:(

AJoifulNoise
April 24th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Well, if you type your hair it can be helpful for you and for the rest of the community. If you know your own type, you can check out others with a similar type of hair and see what they do (for ideas). And also, if we can see your hair type we can give you better answers when you ask questions.

I'm sorry you're having a hard time. :flower:

Patrycja
April 24th, 2008, 01:14 PM
I know exactly how you feel.I have changed my type about three times now because I keep thinking "oh wait...that's more curl than it had a inch ago!"

I think i'm pretty solid right now as a 2a.I can't wait to see what you end up with so maybe I can help with any questions.Then again-I'm a complete ditz when it comes to hair advice sometimes :silly:

mommy2one05
April 24th, 2008, 01:18 PM
ilovemycop and ajoifulnoise.......thanks for the encouragement....it's getting close to two hours and still wet and I have to run to town and my hair is all messy!!! so I will try to overlook it but I am taking a comb with me...lol maybe when I get my dh from work it will be dry and he can take a pic and then i can comb and try to do something with it....will let you all know tonight

Irishred
April 25th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Oh, I understand the difficulty. Before I found this place, I used to brush my hair with this big thick brush when I finished washing it. If you can't do it try this next time: Comb out REALLY good before you wash and try to keep your hair going in that direction while whashing. When you are done washing but still in there, lightly comb to make sure you haven't retangled anywhere then stick your head under the water for a few seconds with a little swaying to let it all get loose. - very gently towel squeeze. The only thing I try to do while my hair dries are scalp finger shakes (I run my fingers along my scalp in various locations and give my hair a light shake to loosen it up or it stays super clumpy and wet.) You could do it on a hotter day in the afternoon and plan on spending an hour or so outside asap after a wash.

HTH and good luck. Can't wait to see pictures.