PDA

View Full Version : How to measure hair?

mommat04
December 1st, 2009, 11:20 AM
I'm a newbie and I have very short pixie legnth hair. I had very long hair until I cut it 3 weeks ago. Bad decission. But now I'm here and on a mission to get my hair back. So...how do you measure? My hair is growing already b/c I can see roots. (On top of a HORRIBLE cut the hairdresser decided to dye it too...ahhhh!) But should I measure growth on the part that is my color growing in or should I just measure the whole legnth of the hair? Or does it matter?!?! Do you meauser wet or dry hair? On Dec. 7th it will be 1 month so I want to measure to see and then plan to measure on the 7 each month or two. :)

redneckprincess
December 1st, 2009, 12:21 PM
I'm a newbie and I have very short pixie legnth hair. I had very long hair until I cut it 3 weeks ago. Bad decission. But now I'm here and on a mission to get my hair back. So...how do you measure? My hair is growing already b/c I can see roots. (On top of a HORRIBLE cut the hairdresser decided to dye it too...ahhhh!) But should I measure growth on the part that is my color growing in or should I just measure the whole legnth of the hair? Or does it matter?!?! Do you meauser wet or dry hair? On Dec. 7th it will be 1 month so I want to measure to see and then plan to measure on the 7 each month or two. :)

I too had a bad pixie and tow-toned color...I measuer like LHC tells me to (in some threat, i'll have to find it) from front hair link/widows peak over the top of my head to the longest ends.. but at your length..I used to measure just the new growth to get a very accurate growth rate..