PDA

View Full Version : New styles?

Irishred
April 24th, 2008, 12:13 PM
How often do you try to learn a new style? How often do you repeat it in a week or month?

I need to work on trying/learning new styles, especially ones that are easy but potentially hold well. I was curious as to how you go about learning a new thing.

Ohio Sky
April 24th, 2008, 12:33 PM
I try a new style every time I come across one on the internet that looks fun :D
That wasnt one of the options though.

AJoifulNoise
April 24th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Every so often I get the urge to try a new style. That may be because I run across something cool. Or I may be tired of my current styles. Or, none of the current ones are working. There's no real set pattern to it so I chose the option for "whenever I want to."

KaeleyAnne
April 24th, 2008, 07:39 PM
I too try new styles whenever I feel like it, usually after finding an interesting style online or in a book. However, I have been known to just start playing with my hair and ending up with something I like enough to replicate. If a style does not work on the first day that I try it, I'll always try it again on a different day (and keep trying - I can be stubborn at times :) ).

spidermom
April 24th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Lately I've been picking out a new style and trying it every day for several days to a week. I don't know how long I'll continue with this project. I want a few styles that go up easy and stay secure for hours.

Poolsoflaughter
April 25th, 2008, 07:27 AM
It's basically when I feel like it, or if my hair is long enough to attempt it. :thumbsup:

Arniky
April 25th, 2008, 08:19 AM
new styles- just try it when feel like it

soleluna
April 25th, 2008, 08:28 AM
when I feel like it ;)

Irishred
April 25th, 2008, 09:27 AM
Spidermom,

What styles have you learned and which work well for you?

Irishred
April 25th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Ohio Sky,

that kinda falls under when you feel like it. If I could put more ways on there, I would.

sweetkandi
April 25th, 2008, 09:42 AM
I uslly try new styles whenever the mood strikes. I dont set any goals, and right now my hair is too short to try a lot of them. I try to be creative though. lol

LeaM07
April 25th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Another "when I feel like it" here. It tends to come in spurts... I'll go for a few days or weeks playing with my hair constantly, then wear the same 'do for days/weeks/months until it hits again.

Islandgrrl
April 25th, 2008, 03:27 PM
No timeline for me. Just whenever I want to try something new!

Alva
April 25th, 2008, 04:11 PM
I really dont try new things often, I am simply not good at it. I am already happy I can make a bunch of simple buns and that I am able to do a French braid now :)

Henrietta
July 29th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Refresh!

I learn about one new style every 2 weeks and do it several times each week and I play with my hair only when it is dirty, otherwise it becomes dirty really fast. The best source for me is YouTube and LHC'ers albums;)

Noctifer
July 29th, 2010, 12:06 PM
when i feel like it. which is pretty much once a year

pepperminttea
July 30th, 2010, 11:33 AM
When I feel like it, and when I have enough length to try something new. :) I also ticked both the pre-wash and post-wash boxes - I practice on oily hair, since that holds better, but once I have the hang of a style I'll wear it when it'll look best. So with something that incorporates French/Dutch braiding, I'll do it post-wash when my roots are presentable, but something like a new bun I might save for oily days when my canopy will hide the roots a bit.

Crackaleen
July 30th, 2010, 01:53 PM
I'm also a "when I feel like it," but usually when my hair is dirty. My hair is so fly-away and has such a mind of its own when it's clean that it's virtually impossible to do anything with other than simple buns. Either that or I'm just hair styling challenged (this is more likely the case ^.^). For instance, I just washed my hair the other night and today I was trying to do that woven bun that someone posted on the mane forum. It seemed easy enough to do, but my hair made it so difficult, it turned into a messy disaster lol.

Eden_Rayn
July 30th, 2010, 03:43 PM
I am a "when I feel like it" kinda girl. I would love to say I know a lot of styles however I do not and I blame my length. I know if I had waist I would be able to do more if not all the styles I have fallen in love with on LHC and youtube. All my current styles are from LHC and youtube.

restourceful
July 30th, 2010, 03:56 PM
I voted cheese because I try new styles as I gain length.:cheese: But then I wear them over and over until they are go-to or second nature. Then I learn a new one when I've gained a bit more length. :cheese:

Gumball
July 30th, 2010, 08:09 PM
It's really all about when the mood strikes, which goes between super duper infrequent and often. I tend to lean toward the former.

auburn
July 30th, 2010, 09:21 PM
Only when it's dirty.

Cause:

-it's already greasy
-being greasy, it won't mather if it gets greasier when I struggle to make a new style (that I don't yet master-therefore I might need more tries )
-I will wash it soon anyway, so it doesn't much mather

Phexlyn
July 31st, 2010, 03:47 AM
Oh dear, I wish I had the persistence to learn new styles ever week or month... I just learn when I feel like it, but I don't necessarily stick to it for another couple of days... that's why I keep repeating the same old styles over and over again :o

Tabi
January 25th, 2011, 03:13 PM
I try new styles only when I feel like it maybe that will change when my hair is long.

ooo
January 26th, 2011, 04:06 PM
I try to learn new styles all the time, but I hardly ever wear them. Oh, that's embarrassing.

PiroskaCicu
January 26th, 2011, 04:10 PM
I usually just try them whenever I feel like it, but my new hair challenge is to wear hair up for as many days as I can for 6 months, so I have to learn new styles. In the past week I've learned 4 new styles because I just started the challenge. :) Maybe after I learn a lot then I will have to learn less because I can reuse them.

My hair is only just recently long enough to style so many different ways. Or maybe I've just been lazy to learn. :P

Athena's Owl
January 26th, 2011, 06:50 PM
...And you know what, I should take some time to try out new styles. so often I just do a bee butt and that's it.

Kathie
January 26th, 2011, 06:58 PM
It seems that every couple of months I'll sit down and watch some videos and try something new... it doesnt mean its going to work though. For me its a case of gaining more length so I can do new styles... I wish it grew fast enough that I could learn a new style each week!

summerjade
January 26th, 2011, 07:24 PM
When I see something new I love to try new styles. I have lately been searching youtube and watching videos trying to learn some easy updos that stay well. I haven't found a favorite for my hair yet, but there are some very pretty styles and I am enjoying the search.

summerjade
January 26th, 2011, 07:26 PM
Kathie,
I love that style in the picture. What is it called or how did you do it? It is beautiful!!

mira-chan
January 27th, 2011, 06:21 AM
I try them when I feel like it. Some times I will try and learn several styles in one day and other times go for months without trying anything new.

craftybunn
January 27th, 2011, 06:28 AM
Wow the results seem very conclusive for this poll so far. It looks like most agree, as do I, that we try new hairstyles when we feel like it. In my case, that is rarely if ever. I think this will change for me though in the summer. My hair will be the longest it has ever been. I will want it up more because of the heat. Also, I will have more time because I will be out of school. Haha, sometimes I forget about the toddler. Scratch that last one.

virgo75
January 29th, 2011, 09:03 AM
I voted cheese.

My hair is only APL right now so I don't try too much.
Maybe when it's longer I'll try more. :)