PDA

View Full Version : I found a cool hair article

Moldilocks
November 30th, 2009, 09:57 PM
I hope I do this right. If I mess it up I hope someone will fix it for me.:rolleyes:

It's an article about 2010 runway hair trends. It shows lots of beautiful long hair. :eyebrows:

http://www.fashionising.com/trends/b--2010-hair-trends-womens-hairstyles-colors-cuts-2423.html#braidedhair

kmangus
November 30th, 2009, 10:12 PM
It looks like my bedhead braid is now in style!!Hey hey...less work for me!

camirra555
November 30th, 2009, 10:16 PM
Most of the ones at the top are so pretty!

Did you notice at the bottom that one of the hair colours of 2010 is peroxide blond? Maybe I'm wrong but I thought this was always in style? They also talk about bleaching your eyebrows...

Moldilocks
November 30th, 2009, 10:19 PM
I'm not sure about bleached eyebrows. To me really light eyebrows are distracting, and yes, bedhead braid is in! LOL

AbruptlyWanderi
November 30th, 2009, 10:22 PM
Some of it is nice, yes, but mostly I am amused at how hair that falls to ones midriff is 'super long'.

eyesofsummer
November 30th, 2009, 10:40 PM
Woo side braids!! I love them, they're so quick and easy I don't even have to use a hair tie to secure the ends :D

Does anyone else think the models have weird eyebrows? Are they striped or something?

adiapalic
November 30th, 2009, 11:09 PM
I love the side braids--a very comfortable hair style. Wonder if it'll actually catch on in 2010?

Woo side braids!! I love them, they're so quick and easy I don't even have to use a hair tie to secure the ends :D

Does anyone else think the models have weird eyebrows? Are they striped or something?

(bolded by me)

You're totally right--how odd!

The models also need a bite to eat. (Sorry, had to say it.)

MissManda
November 30th, 2009, 11:58 PM
I generally don't pay much attention to the fashion trends. I like wearing what I like and what makes me feel good. :) But I loved looking at the photos! Absolutely stunning long hair! I love the long, wavy styles!

Well, I suppose this is good news for me since my straight hair is in. Ha ha. I also love the side braids. I've been meaning to try them, but I just don't want to have to deal with my layers. My MIL makes such lovely side braids, so I'll have to tell her she's "in style"now (she would find that funny because she pays less attention to fashion trends than I do).

jivete
December 1st, 2009, 06:55 AM
Did you see the top knot? Another "go to bed" style.

I do like the rope bun up-do shown near the bottom though. It's nice to see longer hair and up-do's as fashionable. Of course, if they're too trendy, then they'll be out of style at some point. I hate looking like I'm wearing last year's fashion even though I might have been wearing it years before it was in fashion.

Leena7
December 1st, 2009, 09:51 AM
I am such a sucker for peroxide blonde, but I promise to remain strong this time and stay far away from the bleach! Still, it is so punky and cool...

Babyfine
December 1st, 2009, 10:20 AM
I really like the side braids- I just wish my own braids weren't so darn thin.
Otherwise that could be a great alternative to updo's for me.

Fethenwen
December 1st, 2009, 10:51 AM
Lovely photos and hair trends, I usually don't pay much attention to them by following them. But I still can't help to keep up with whats going on in the fashion world :o

I found this part a bit funny:
"So what constitutes a 2010 pixie crop? The second of our reasons above is the biggest clue. As women everywhere grow our their pixie crops and cropped bobs in 2010, the it'll be cut with longer features. In particular, we're recommending a brow length fringe swept to the side and held in place by a pomade."

There were lots of lovely styles there for longer hair which was refreshing :) the side braid was especially nice.

LKayL
December 1st, 2009, 11:58 AM
I love the 40s-inspired waves.

nmarie33
December 1st, 2009, 12:13 PM
Oh my god I'm in style for once in my life! Woo hoo. :P

adiapalic
December 1st, 2009, 12:39 PM
I love the 40s-inspired waves.

I do too. I wonder also if that will actually catch on as well. Would be nice to see more ladies walking around with long hair and loose 40's-style waves--and that blood-red matte lipstick! Haha! :)

Magdalene
December 1st, 2009, 01:47 PM
Hey, I do side braids all the time! Stop stealing my style, designers!

(I hate it when things I already do become trendy, and then become "out" when I wasn't doing them to be "in" in the first place!)

Clarisse
December 1st, 2009, 01:52 PM
Looks like my golden blonde, wavy/curly hair is in fashion!
And the braids look a lot like my braids too. Messy, not too thick and with some face-framing layers messing around in the front, because they are too short to get into the rest of the braid.

But honestly, the "golden" blonde pictured there wasn't really golden. It was more like pee-blonde :P Hehe...

Peroxide and "short black" is bad news. Peroxide was soooo popular here in Denmark for such a long time, and finally the trend stopped about last winter. It's so ugly - it looks really damaged. Natural platinum blonde is beautiful (I have two younger sisters with this hair color), but bleach is really not my cup of tea.
Undercut is a bad idea too. Imagine how long time it will take to grow shaved hair into a decent longish length that can be pulled into a pony!

The fact that the pixie's are out is good news. Everybody chopped of their hair last fall. Ugh. Glad it's over :)

Tressie
December 1st, 2009, 01:55 PM
Side braids, braided and twisted and messy updos, long straight and wavy hair! It seems fashion is finally catching up with us?! LOL!

Thanks for sharing this!!

SimplyViki
December 1st, 2009, 01:57 PM
Sweet, I'm super trendy! Due to my invisible eyebrows (thanks to trichotillomania) and my morning braid, I'm so IN. :D :p

That top knot makes me giggle though. It's placed so perfectly at the very top of her head. :lol:

ZenBird07
December 1st, 2009, 02:07 PM
Sweet, I'm super trendy! Due to my invisible eyebrows (thanks to trichotillomania) and my morning braid, I'm so IN. :D :p

That top knot makes me giggle though. It's placed so perfectly at the very top of her head. :lol:

That's what I was thinking!!! LOL...:)

enfys
December 1st, 2009, 02:57 PM
Note to self: Daniel P. Dyk£s is a man who speaks sense.

Did anyone else notice this:

If you're after an edgy look, choose a peroxide blonde colour that, while working with your skin complexion, is obviously died.

Yes, died. Not dyed.

Kris Dove
December 1st, 2009, 03:26 PM
I do side braids a lot too! It's a quick, easy, lazy day 'do for me, and now I'm the height of fashion.

MissManda
December 1st, 2009, 03:41 PM
Undercut is a bad idea too. Imagine how long time it will take to grow shaved hair into a decent longish length that can be pulled into a pony!

Yeah, I remember when I was 12 and I got my classic length hair cut off for the sake of a horrible-looking bob with the top layer being the longest and the bottom layers going shorter and shorter until part of it got buzzed off. It was such a pain to grow out and it looked awful! I didn't want that kind of haircut in the first place and the hairdresser didn't know what she was doing!

I'm not a fan of peroxide blonde, either. That color makes the hair look very unhealthy. Platinum blonde is much prettier.