PDA

View Full Version : CO with dandruff conditioner?

Brat
November 29th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Has anyone done this? I know I shouldn't try something new yet, but my scalp is just bothering the heck out of me. Itching and flaking and just not happy. Nothing seems to sooth it, so I just did a CO with a dandruff conditioner. Hope it helps.

Has that helped for anyone else?

sherigayle
November 30th, 2009, 08:44 AM
I just started COing with Head and Shoulders Dry scalp condishioner and it's working very well. No more itching or flaking.

piratejenny23
November 30th, 2009, 01:50 PM
i recently switched to CO and i bought a bottle of H&S conditioner to help me wean off the H&S shampoo.

but let me tell you...after 20 years of serious, waxy dandruff (the kind you can scrape off like scabs, eeeewww) and trying bazillions of herbs & remedies, i found a very cheap, almost miraculous cure!

i bought a bottle of Sea Breeze facial astringent, and used a cotton pad to blot it on my scalp. this helped tremendously. a couple days later, i put some in an applicator bottle, added a couple of dissolved aspirin, and wet my entire scalp with it.

this seems to have CURED my dandruff! i think i have blotted a couple of spots one more time, but i have had no dandruff for over a week; even when H&S "worked" for me, i had flakes again within 12-24 hours.

this was recommended to me by a hairdresser, over a year ago. i put off trying it because i thought an "astringent" would dry & irritate my scalp further. however, it was very soothing and effective...and cheap!!!

there is one other product i use, which is said to help hair growth but may help scalp problems too, but it is oily & smelly--so try the Sea Breeze first, and if that doesn't help, PM me (or check my blog) and i'll let you know about the other treatment.

Brat
November 30th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Interesting about the sea breeze thing... does that bother your hair at all? I'm finding it hard to get something on my scalp without getting it all over the rest of my hair LOL

So far, my scalp has still been itchy today, but I haven't noticed any flaking yet.

piratejenny23
November 30th, 2009, 07:22 PM
no. it doesn't bother my hair at all. i really thought it would. if anything, it seemed to make my hair a little oily rather than drying it out like i expected. i've applied it at night and washed my hair the next day or even a couple of days later.

i also thought it would sting my scalp but it felt soothing. please let me know if you try it!