PDA

View Full Version : Help with CO!

Katurday
November 29th, 2009, 05:55 PM
So, I keep trying the CO method. I use Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut to CO, and I don't do a follow up conditioning. (surprisingly, its heavy enough for me)

My problem is not with cleanliness. I always get my hair clean (I tried this once with very dirty hair, worked like a charm), but my hair always feels coated and limp afterward (still shiny though).

Is there anything I can do to strip my hair and add it a bit of bounce and lift?

- :kitten:

PhillyGirl1978@
November 29th, 2009, 06:04 PM
I guess you're sure you are rinsing enough? Also how does your hair do with protein cause Suave coconut has protein in it and it always made my hair feel like crap. Maybe try clarifying and use a different scent of suave.

Carolyn
November 29th, 2009, 06:09 PM
I'd suggest a clarifying wash and then switch to a brand other than Suave. I think that Suave has something waxy in it. I've seen others here make the same observation. Try VO5 or White Rain and see if that makes a difference.

Anje
November 29th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Personally, my hair gets along great with most Suave, but not with the tropical coconut. The protein eventually causes problems for me.

Like others, my first suggestion would be to try rinsing longer. Rinse well after you think you've got it out. After that, try a different flavor of Suave, or give White Rain or VO5 a try.

ZadenWillowfyre
November 30th, 2009, 10:32 AM
Rinse Rinse Rinse!! Be sure your conditioner does not have 'cones in it which can cause buid up.

I love to do an Apple Cider Vinegar rinse to get rid of build up! I just put a little in a cup and dilute it with water then leave it in for a couple of minutes then rinse and go about the normal care routine.

lonestargal
November 30th, 2009, 09:17 PM
I had the exact same problem. I can't use the coconut at all. I tried ACV rinses and clarifying and nothing helped. Personally I get MUCH better results with VO5. I have to use a heavier conditioner on the length but I'd rather do that than have waxy lanky hair.

It was mentioned before but make sure to rinse REALLY good. If you like Suave try a different 'flavor'. As far as Suave goes I did ok with the mountain strawberry and green apple. I still prefer VO5 though.

Sister13
November 30th, 2009, 10:20 PM
I recommend rotating among the brands of cone free conditioners. Cross-pollinating for the variety of benefits if you will.

redneckprincess
December 1st, 2009, 07:46 AM
you could try an anti-residue (clarifying) shampoo before the CO washes...I have to do them once a week but I also use a cone conditioner on my ends

ericthegreat
December 1st, 2009, 08:09 AM
Everyone has different hair/scalps which will react differently Katurday. Don't feel disappointed at all if you really try a product that many other people rave about and you find that it doesn't quite work the same for you.

For me personally, I swear by Suave Coconut. I personally love protein. However, other people especially those with finer hair types have reported that protein overload hardens their hair too much. You may want to switch to a different type of Suave conditioner, maybe Juicy Apple. Also, other people have tried VO5 and said that they loved it. I personally can't use V05, because their conditioners are too thin and watery and my hair needs something that is thicker and more moisturizing.