PDA

View Full Version : The two-week clock starts.... NOW!

Roseate
November 29th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Don't worry, I'm not contemplating a big chop or anything insane like that. Just bangs, but rather major bangs.

See the thick, blunt bangs on the lovely long-wavy-haired model in this article (http://www.luckymag.com/style/2009/11/mod_about_town?slide=1)? Those are them.

I've had bangs before, so I know the score. Fortunately my bangs are the least wurly of all my hair, so keeping them smooth is easy enough. I have zero problems growing out bangs; my old ones are at my chin now and I've been happily pinning them into little quiffs and rolls all along, never really was bothered by them during the grow-out.

The two major problems with bangs: trimming, and the fact that they're always there. Hard to change the look of them while they're cut short; they'll be too short to pin up easily and looking the same every day might get to me. Or it might not! Hey, I'll find out in two weeks...

Here I am with my grown-out bangs rolled under to make a faux-bang thingy:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2642/4014198999_525801d01c_m.jpg

Crazy idea?

redneckprincess
November 29th, 2009, 05:02 PM
no not a crazy idea at all..go for it...but yes think about it for some time

Bereft
November 29th, 2009, 05:08 PM
No, I think you'd look lovely with a thick fringe. And to change them up, you could sweep them off the to the side, or a little pompadour, or something. Just give it some thought. I'm now currently wrestling with this descision also. Good Luck :)

Latin Tea
November 29th, 2009, 05:15 PM
This is my second post! Anyways, I have bangs. I kinda have to have them as I've got some crummy frown lines and a high forehead. I have them on 3/4 of my forehead parted on the side. If I didn't 'need' them for help covering up my flaws, they would go.

My bangs are VERY frizzy and weird when they dry on their own....I have to curl them every day. So, I don't want to get caught in any rain or mist or whatever. And the wind plays havoc with them AND they take away from the thickness of my hair. As you can tell, I wish I could NOT have bangs.

Good luck with your decision.

motormuffin
November 29th, 2009, 06:12 PM
I cut bangs but just little ones...I blow dry just my bangs down if I want them or swipe water through them if I want them back. I wanted them but wasn't ready to make to leap to BIG bangs.

Armelle
November 29th, 2009, 06:26 PM
*sigh* I wish I could have bangs like that...so pretty. I've been told my forehead is too short. :( I think you should go for it.

Roseate
December 8th, 2009, 12:32 AM
Tick, tick, the clock ticks on! So, one week in to the two-week rule, I still like the bangs idea.

But I think I'll wait to cut them until after the holidays... it's kind of silly maybe, but I'll be seeing lots of folks I haven't seen in a while, and I don't want every conversation to start with "Oh, your bangs, blah blah." I just know if I cut them now I'll be stuck in that conversation a million times over the next month! But after the new year I think I'll go for it.

Kris Dove
December 8th, 2009, 12:48 AM
This is my second post! Anyways, I have bangs. I kinda have to have them as I've got some crummy frown lines and a high forehead. I have them on 3/4 of my forehead parted on the side. If I didn't 'need' them for help covering up my flaws, they would go.

My bangs are VERY frizzy and weird when they dry on their own....I have to curl them every day. So, I don't want to get caught in any rain or mist or whatever. And the wind plays havoc with them AND they take away from the thickness of my hair. As you can tell, I wish I could NOT have bangs.

Good luck with your decision.Sounds like me! I'm currently debating whether to grow mine out or not but I love the fact the cover my lined forehead.

OP- I see you have iii volume hair so taking away from thickness shouldn't be too big a problem, and you said you had very little problems keeping them smooth so yours sound far less problematic than mine or Latin Tea's!

Bellona
December 8th, 2009, 12:55 AM
As a fellow wurly/iii, I give blunt fringe a thumbs up! I have had my hair like that before, and I loved it. Cut it myself, actually, because the stylists always seem to want to thin my fringe out, even when I say PLEASE leave them thick and blunt. That's what straightens them out!

That style would be very cute on you. The only bad thing about fringe is that it looks good for a month and then gets too long.

Heavenly Locks
December 8th, 2009, 02:58 AM
Just gotta say, I LOVE bangs :D

<-------

Arctic
December 8th, 2009, 04:19 AM
I don't think it's crazy at all! If I would have iii hair I would get bangs this second :D

Bellalalala
December 8th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Every year or two, my love of bangs is too much to take, I get them cut, and within a day I regret it.

Every.single.time.

I love the way they look, but I absolutely hate having to take care of them. I hate how quickly they get greasy, I hate how they make my forehead break out, I hate how with my wavy hair they are never quite straight, I just hate dealing with them.

I still love the look though, so I bought clip on bangs! They're perfect, and I never have to deal with the stress of actual bangs.
Another benefit is that I don't lose any hair volume to bangs. To make a thick fringe takes a fair amount of hair.

Think about it.

RocketDog
December 8th, 2009, 09:03 AM
I say go for it! You can always do a small fringe and then cut in the thicker one if you're really worried, but it sounds like you've got the perfect hair for it :) I love the look, but I know on my hair it would look awful - I can pull off the wispy, sideswept look but that's about it!

Sheltie_Momma
December 8th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Those are some cute bangs, I can't wait to see them on you if you decide to get them. It sounds like you know what to expect so I say go for it. It is hair, it grows into clippableness within a few months, so not that big of a deal if you get them and then change your mind later.

Stephichan
December 8th, 2009, 10:01 AM
I'm growing out my fringe, but just slightly. I need some strands to hair to be chin length and/or shorter to make long hair look good on me. My problem with the fringe is that it cooperates just often enough to where I want to keep it around. But then a lot of the time it doesn't really cooperate and I just want to grow it out once and for all. Then, somewhere after I decide to grow out I'll have a good streak of cooperation and out come the scissors :rolleyes:

lapushka
December 8th, 2009, 10:25 AM
The bangs in that picture are *very* thick, you'll have lots of bits of short hair on your head. If they all wave... the upkeep to straighten them will be huge.

The bangs are nice on you, but I think you'd look as cute without them and you won't have the upkeep. :flower:

hmmm
December 8th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Bangs are too much work for me, but if you like them you should get them.

LittleOrca
December 8th, 2009, 12:47 PM
If you like bangs, that's great. I just don't think that short of a bang looks good on you, or anyone for that matter. It makes the forehead look too big, and not in an intellectual or good way.

Tressie
December 8th, 2009, 03:03 PM
Every year or two, my love of bangs is too much to take, I get them cut, and within a day I regret it.

Every.single.time.

I love the way they look, but I absolutely hate having to take care of them. I hate how quickly they get greasy, I hate how they make my forehead break out, I hate how with my wavy hair they are never quite straight, I just hate dealing with them.

I still love the look though, so I bought clip on bangs! They're perfect, and I never have to deal with the stress of actual bangs.
Another benefit is that I don't lose any hair volume to bangs. To make a thick fringe takes a fair amount of hair.

Think about it.

Mini-hijack warning!! I'm sorry, but I'd love to see your clip-on bangs! I didn't realize they made these, and I would love to try them for all of the reasons you've shared. Where did you find yours? Do they stay securely attached? Thanks so much!! :) (end mini-hijack)

jojo
December 8th, 2009, 11:49 PM
I love bangs/fringes but nature goes against me, I have a cows lick, just ii hair and my waviest part of my hair is my fringe. Ive had them for most my life but they took a lot of effort. the positives for me where they covered my high forehead and lines.

However, I think you would really suit them and your hair is so thick you won't miss the extra, id say go for it!

utdesertrunner
December 9th, 2009, 05:18 PM
I think they would look adorable on you! And you don't seem to mind the growing out process either. I say "go for it"!

georgia_peach
December 9th, 2009, 05:35 PM

Every.single.time.

Think about it.

Yes, I'm of the same school of thought as Bellalalala. Of course, I don't have your nice, thick hair texture, and I'm sure you will look beautiful in the bangs if you go that route. My thoughts are more about the "dealing with them" as Bellalalala so aptly described. I remember seeing those photos and also lusted after that model's hair and those bangs. They really are great looking! I can understand why you are considering it. Best of luck!:)