PDA

View Full Version : Conditioner

shockinglength
November 28th, 2009, 05:29 PM
I just bought some burts bees S&C! I CWC, is there any way to cut down on the amount of conditioner that I use? I think its very annoying that I go through 3 times more conditioner than shampoo.

When I S&D I've noticed that most of the splits are about an inch above the ends. What can be causing this? Thanks a lot ;)

Katurday
November 28th, 2009, 05:48 PM
My experience on LHC has lead me to believe that us folks here go though conditioner like a newborn through diapers. Me? I gob up handfuls due to how much hair I have and how coarse it is. (And the damage of years past needing to be moisturized)

To remedy this, I buy loads of inexpensive Suave conditioner. It goes on sale often, and any time I have a spare 20, you know where it will be going. As for the splits, it could be either chemical damage catching up to you, or physical damage. The physical damage could range from brushes, hairties, shirt collars...right on down to the back of your computer chair.

Longlocks3
November 28th, 2009, 05:54 PM
I use loads of conditioner, not just when I do CO only. I buy VO5 conditioner($1 regular price, during sales .89). I do have some burts bees conditioner and I use it for 'special' occasions.

redneckprincess
November 28th, 2009, 05:56 PM
ever since I cut my shampoos down to once a week and CO daily I go through a bottle of conditioner a week or so

Fractalsofhair
November 28th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Think of all the money you'll save by using more conditioner than shampoo!

Anyways, conditioner is great. Oiling can reduce the amount of conditioner you need to use to defrizz, but there's nothing wrong with using lots of conditioner.

Roseate
November 28th, 2009, 06:04 PM
I use a cheapo conditioner for the first C in my CWC, and save my nicer ones for the second C. Suave, VO5, White Rain, one of those. It may not save conditioner, but at least it saves money!

shockinglength
November 28th, 2009, 06:53 PM
As for the splits, it could be either chemical damage catching up to you, or physical damage. The physical damage could range from brushes, hairties, shirt collars...right on down to the back of your computer chair.[/quote]

I think your right I have flat ironed quite often about a year ago.

getoffmyskittle
November 28th, 2009, 08:46 PM
I've been able to cut down on the amount of conditioner I use by oiling lightly between washes (or using Fox's Shea Butter Conditioning Cream; recipe is on the recipes board), doing a heavy oil pre-treatment, washing the length 1x/week and scalp washing in between (always with diluted shampoo), and for full washes, using a modified version of Neoma's Hybrid Wash (in the articles section) where I apply conditioner/honey to dry hair, leave it in for several minutes, then use diluted shampoo on the scalp and wash it all out together.

I use a lot more oils/butters this way, but at least they're biodegradable and hair takes less oil than conditioner as a general rule.

ETA: But I should say that when I first joined, I used TONS of conditioner, and heavy ones. My hair was thick, coarse, and damaged/dry from brush and blowdryer abuse, so soaked it up like crazy. I don't need nearly as much any more because my hair is in much better shape. My hair is M/C, so "light" conditioners never have and probably never will work for me, but more modest amounts of mid-range conditioner seem to be doing the trick these days.