PDA

View Full Version : Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Shampoo?

shortgoinglong
November 27th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Hi!
My hubby and I both get dry scalps in the winter time and normally use Head and Shoulders Dry Scalp Care Shampoo. However, I saw a shampoo in my local salon that looked good but cost a little more. It is called Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special Shampoo and is supposed to be good for this kind of a thing. What I was wondering is has anyone tried this? And if you have is it good? We both have oily hair and are not color treated.

turtlelover
November 27th, 2009, 04:47 PM
I LOVE this stuff! If you aren't sure if you would like it, you can get a generic version at Sally's Beauty Supply for a lot less money that works just as well for me.

Hay22
November 27th, 2009, 04:57 PM
I haven't used it for dry scalp, I just like it because it smells happy and makes my scalp and skin tingle when I use it. My aunt was told to use it on her toddler when he had cradle cap and it worked wonders. I love this stuff and I know that my boyfriend goes through huge 1 liter bottles of it as well.

We also use it in my office as handsoap, which sounds funny, but tea tree has natural anti-bacterial properties... and, again, it smells fantastic.

windinherhair
November 27th, 2009, 05:16 PM
I started a thread on this a while ago so you might want to check the replies here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=24109)too. :)

I liked it for the time I was using it. I have changed to a more mild, organic shampoo and conditioner just for personal preference.

Aries_jb
November 27th, 2009, 09:17 PM
My fiance loves this shampoo. He used to use the Head and Shoulders you mentioned, but now exclusively uses this. I don't use sulfates, so I can't say how it works from personal experience. I do love the smell though!

amoulixes
November 27th, 2009, 09:58 PM
I just washed my hair with this :) I began using this and another tea tree shampoo from Nature's Gate because it was recommended for oily scalps. I love how it makes my scalp and hair feel! It can be drying and irritating if used too often. I try to use it every other day or every two days. If you feel you can't make it that long, you can dilute it a little bit. My plan is to try the generic version as soon as I run out :)

heatherdazy
November 27th, 2009, 11:09 PM
I have a lot of clients that really like this shampoo. It's usually a good choice for oily hair/scalp but it is not color-safe, so you would be a pretty good candidate.

If you're near an Ulta, you can find a travel size version for about $3 or so, in case you'd like to try it before splurging on a bigger bottle...

The conditioner is very very light, though, so if your ends are dry at all, you'll definitely want something richer.

duckish
November 28th, 2009, 11:20 AM
When I used shampoo, this is what I used. It's lovely stuff. I love how it smells!