PDA

View Full Version : I have the craziest urge to chop...

Speckla
November 27th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Ugh. My husband mentioned going to get a haircut today. I so want layers or something different! I think I'm just bored. Or making progress. I always seem to do that when I'm finally gaining length.:rolleyes:

SimplyViki
November 27th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Noooo! Don't do it! Pleeeease? :pray:

Your curls are to die for. No chopping!

peachrose
November 27th, 2009, 12:59 PM
I hate that urge! I know what you mean though, my husband is going in for a cut and it makes me kind miss having that experience... My best defense seems to be doing a deep treatment for a few hours and living vicariously through him!

rogue_psyche
November 27th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Resist the urge! Remember your goal! Tell yourself that when you meet the goal you can get layers, but NOT before. Its hard to grow with layers anyway.

Want something different? Try an updo you've never done. Or invent one!

Speckla
November 27th, 2009, 01:01 PM
I may just go and get my bangs trimmed and ask them to braid??

SimplyViki
November 27th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Hmm. Yep, bang trimming is permissible. :p That way you get the salon experience, minus the chopping.

Themyst
November 27th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Wait! Isn't there a two week rule for deciding something like this?!! :eek:

Longlocks3
November 27th, 2009, 01:07 PM
Be careful! Don't let the stylist talk you into more than a bang trim if you do it!

ETA: I love your curls!

SimplyViki
November 27th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Wait! Isn't there a two week rule for deciding something like this?!! :eek:

Yeah! What she said. If you want layers or some other change, best to wait out the two weeks to see if you really, really want it!

Lamb
November 27th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Please don't. :( Didn't you trim back only recently?
A stylist would probably talk you into cutting your hair shorter than you'd want to. Layering tends to go wrong when you have it done out of boredom, too.
Get yourself a new hairtoy, like an inexpensive flexi-8, but don't cut just because you fancy a change!
(Hint - flexi-8s cost less than the average haircut at the average salon. ;))

lucys
November 27th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Speaking as one who recently chopped, give it some thought. I really wish I hadn't!

Getting a new hairtoy is a good idea.

Lamb: I hadn't done the cost of cut vs cost of hairtoy comparison before. One to keep in mind next time, I think. :-)

Demetrue
November 27th, 2009, 01:57 PM
I felt that same urge this morning. I think it's because my hair finally has made some visible progress, so part of me feels like, Okay, you can afford to cut it back now and trim off the old damaged ends because your hair is an inch or two longer now. I keep doing that and then wonder why my hair never grows past my shoulders!

Speckla
November 27th, 2009, 03:16 PM
I took a nap instead. I had a dream and you were there, and you were there...and... :) Ok, crazy feeling is gone...for now. Thanks.

redneckprincess
November 27th, 2009, 03:46 PM
DO.NOT.CUT.YOUR.HAIR...Im instating the 2 week rule, and in this case maybe you ought to make it a 4 weeker...I am now planning my hair trimming I will make in January/Feb. of 2011, lol

Speckla
November 27th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Please don't. :( Didn't you trim back only recently?
A stylist would probably talk you into cutting your hair shorter than you'd want to. Layering tends to go wrong when you have it done out of boredom, too.
Get yourself a new hairtoy, like an inexpensive flexi-8, but don't cut just because you fancy a change!
(Hint - flexi-8s cost less than the average haircut at the average salon. ;))

Yes, I went from longer than APL curly to barely touching shoulders curly this past May. I got rid of a ton of splitends, bad color, bleach, and dead flatironed ends....good point. I'm not going to cut because it'd be fun for a day and then the tears would start again. The first cut was necessary because my ends were breaking due to so much damage.

Quixii
November 27th, 2009, 04:21 PM
But you just made a thread the other day about how you were finally happy with your hair at the length it's at! D:

Speckla
November 27th, 2009, 04:23 PM
But you just made a thread the other day about how you were finally happy with your hair at the length it's at! D:

I know. I always do that. I get results and I'm happy and then *boom* the urge to cut hits. Nuts, huh? :rolleyes:

embee
November 27th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Well I'm glad you got over it!

I always told my DD, if you can just get past the exit to the mall........ ;)

Carolyn
November 27th, 2009, 05:20 PM
I took a nap instead. I had a dream and you were there, and you were there...and... :) Ok, crazy feeling is gone...for now. Thanks.Glad to hear you got over it. This is exactly why there is a "2 week rule". Actually it should be a 2 month rule just to make sure you have time to get over it. You know the more expensive hair toys you buy means more reasons not to cut your hair.

Themyst
November 27th, 2009, 05:28 PM
I took a nap instead. I had a dream and you were there, and you were there...and... :) Ok, crazy feeling is gone...for now. Thanks.

Just curious - who was I, the tin man, the scarecrow, or the lion? :D

Glad you decided against it for now.

Speckla
November 27th, 2009, 05:36 PM
Just curious - who was I, the tin man, the scarecrow, or the lion? :D

Glad you decided against it for now.

Glenda. :)

Themyst
November 27th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Glenda. :)

Ahh, yes, my husband would agree that I float around in a bubble most of the time! :p

GlassEyes
November 27th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Join the club--after becoming addicted to bones, I'm sorely tempted to cut my hair like Jack Hodgins. It's about an inch in length.

mglmdvd
November 27th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Don't do it - long curls are the best!

HoneyBun
November 27th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Glad the urge has passed. Keep coming here for guidance and support! :)

Kris Dove
November 27th, 2009, 07:33 PM
If it's the whole salon pampering experience you're craving( I think that's what you meant in your OP?), perhaps getting a deep conditioning treatment done, and styled differently than usual(like an updo, or blowdried straight or something) would be a nice alternative for the next time you feel like this?