PDA

View Full Version : First ever dutch braid(s)

hmmm
November 27th, 2009, 10:56 AM
I know this is a really shoddy job compared to what you people can do with your hair, but this is a real milestone for me! :cheese:
Maybe next time I'll make it all the way to the bottom without getting frustrated. :D

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4371&pictureid=56293

melrose1985
November 27th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Looks great!!! I love your hair color, it's so shiny!

Gumball
November 27th, 2009, 11:05 AM
The frustration will definitely decrease. You did really well! They look great. Congrats on a successful first run.

skay
November 27th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Looks nice, cute. Will only get better. Good job!

camirra555
November 27th, 2009, 11:09 AM
That looks so good for your first try. I've been practicing for a while off and on and mine still don't look like that

hmmm
November 27th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Looks great!!! I love your hair color, it's so shiny!

Thank you! The shininess is mostly because of the flash, though, I couldn't get the braids to even show clearly without it because my hair is so dark.

The frustration will definitely decrease. You did really well! They look great. Congrats on a successful first run.

Thanks Gumball! :flower:

Looks nice, cute. Will only get better. Good job!

Thanks for the encouragement!

That looks so good for your first try. I've been practicing for a while off and on and mine still don't look like that

I think that's because your hair type is different, don't lose heart! Thanks for the compliment though. :flower:

Elphie
November 27th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Beautiful job! My first run didn't look nearly as nice!

patissegrietje
November 27th, 2009, 12:18 PM
Wow, how lovely :) I'm at waist and have had plenty of time for practicing, but i'm still not able to do this!

hmmm
November 27th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Beautiful job! My first run didn't look nearly as nice!

Thank you! :)

Wow, how lovely :) I'm at waist and have had plenty of time for practicing, but i'm still not able to do this!

Thanks patissegrietje :) :flower:

Aer
November 27th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Doesn't look shoddy to me. It's a thousand times better than what I can do, and it's very cute.

yellowchariot
November 27th, 2009, 08:15 PM
I think they look pretty cool! It won't talk long before you get the hang of it. I still have problems re-adjusting from french to dutch :D

Brat
November 27th, 2009, 08:19 PM
It's cute! And something I could never do! My fingers just won't let me lol

pepperminttea
November 27th, 2009, 08:39 PM
I'm just learning the French and the Dutch too - your attempt is a lot neater than mine! :)

spidermom
November 27th, 2009, 08:59 PM
Just remember to always cross in the same direction. You are either bringing each side UNDER the middle strand as you work the braid or OVER. This looks like you were doing both, sometimes under the middle strand, sometimes over. But hey - it worked. It looks very unique, and oh my! such lovely color!

Tresses
November 27th, 2009, 09:24 PM

I'm at classic and I still can't do it. :lol:

Very good for your first attempt, hmmm! :thumbsup:

hmmm
November 28th, 2009, 01:32 AM
I'm at classic and I still can't do it. :lol:

Very good for your first attempt, hmmm! :thumbsup:

Thanks! :flower:

Just remember to always cross in the same direction. You are either bringing each side UNDER the middle strand as you work the braid or OVER. This looks like you were doing both, sometimes under the middle strand, sometimes over. But hey - it worked. It looks very unique, and oh my! such lovely color!

Yeah, I didn't even realise I did that until I took a picture. I tried it again today and it worked better. Thanks for stopping by! :flower:

I'm just learning the French and the Dutch too - your attempt is a lot neater than mine! :)

Thank you :)

It's cute! And something I could never do! My fingers just won't let me lol

Hehe, and its hell on the arms! :p

I think they look pretty cool! It won't talk long before you get the hang of it. I still have problems re-adjusting from french to dutch :D

Thanks yellowchariot! :flower:

Doesn't look shoddy to me. It's a thousand times better than what I can do, and it's very cute.

Thank you so much! :)

QueenAnne'sLace
November 28th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Don't worry, your flexibility and dexterity will come with practice! :gabigrin:

redneckprincess
November 28th, 2009, 03:32 PM
congrats they look lovely (-:...now come over here and braid my hair, lol

hmmm
November 29th, 2009, 01:04 AM
Don't worry, your flexibility and dexterity will come with practice! :gabigrin:

Thanks for the encouragement! :)

congrats they look lovely (-:...now come over here and braid my hair, lol

Haha I'd love to! Your pictures actually inspired me to learn how to do them :p

JamieLeigh
December 1st, 2009, 08:59 AM
Those are so cute!! I love Dutch braids, I'm so much better at doing them for others than on myself though. :p

hmmm
December 2nd, 2009, 08:00 AM
Thanks a bunch JamieLeigh! :flowers: