PDA

View Full Version : Hair Typing Help

angelthadiva
April 24th, 2008, 08:09 AM
I began wondering if I typed myself properly. Here is a picture of my hair having been freshly washed and plopped for about 2 hours. I have not brushed my hair out at all, I just took down the turbie.

If I detangle in any way (like w/a comb) my hair is wavy and not so much curly...If I don't mess with my hair at all, I'm able to maintain the curl.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd9/angelthadiva/100_0681-1.jpg

Irishred
April 24th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Hmmm, not sure but I'll give it a guess. The plopping may throw it off as that is actually using something to enhance your wave. It also still looks fairly wet/damp. As I understand the LHC typing method, it is soaking wet (gently squeezed with a towel) hair and let that dry.

I would say a strong 2b maybe leaning towards c?.

3s to me have more defined kink or spiral especially when dry.

I say I am a 2a because my hair looks similar to yours when really wet but straightens out as it dries as untouched as I can let it in the 4 hours it takes. you can see pics in my album. just my opinion, I'm not great at this either.

PS. My siggy I think was taken on a no touch day, barely wavy.

KajiKodomo
April 24th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Hm, I was thinking that the plopping altered the results as well. I know that plopping can make a big difference in how defined your waves are, and that typing is generally done on untouched hair, not even put up in a turbie or towel, as that would create/enhance waves.

I agree with what Irishred said, based on the picture, I would say a 2c, but without plopping, you may be at a 2b, or somewhere else depending on how much the plopping enhances your waves.

angelthadiva
April 24th, 2008, 09:16 AM
Thanks to the both of you who responded.

I'm going to redo next time I wash, and not plop just squeeze and air dry. This will take all day, so most likely it will be on the weekend...

My hair out of the shower and the excess water squeezed out is actually way curlier than the photo, so actually the plopping gives my curls that weird bend, and not-so-much curl...

Irishred
April 24th, 2008, 09:25 AM
My hair out of the shower and the excess water squeezed out is actually way curlier than the photo, so actually the plopping gives my curls that weird bend, and not-so-much curl...

That is interesting, so plopping squishes your curls making them more waves than curls?

angelthadiva
April 24th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Yep, it squishes the curl right out and makes my hair more wavy...If I comb my hair out, my hair is wavy, and not curly at all.

mommy2one05
April 24th, 2008, 09:42 AM
I still have not typed my hair cause it is very hard to not comb or touch for several hours sine it looks so tangly and frizzy...i finally have to comb. so could i wash at night and then go to bed and not lay on the hair and then type it in the am?
now plopping if i read it right is taking your hair and putting it in a towel with the air on top of head while it drys right...would it work the same put in a shower cap