PDA

View Full Version : Bleach brown, tailbone length hair.

Furyah
November 25th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Hello everybody :)

My hair is growing since ages, I have used to bleach before but as I did it myself at home with bad quality products it often ended up in a mess. Growing; It's the thing I wanted.

-but-

I stopped changing it's colors I was afraid of damage. And let's say, I am really really and REALLY bored with my natural dull near black brown. It doesn't enhance my features; it even enhance the "severe" look of them. As I look at pictures from the times I used to have bleached hair (just bleached or with fantasy colors in) I really want to do it again.

I'd like to know, if I can bleach my hair again without worrying too much, knowing that I want to go at a pro and cutting right now 10-15 centimeters of slightly damaged, never cuted in 5 years hair ends is not a problem thinking of the advantage of bleaching, to me.

And what are your advices?

PS: even if I sometime consider cuting to bra stra length sometime, I don't thin I would like it, if I do it.

Thank you very much :)

gnegirl
November 25th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Henna :)...there are some lovely hennaheads here, and as i understand it, its not as damaging as chemical colour.

Yozhik
November 25th, 2009, 04:16 PM
You could try honey lightening -- look for the article on it. It is less damaging than bleach, but as I understand it, creates peroxide that will lighten your hair :)

Good luck!

Furyah
November 25th, 2009, 04:17 PM
Yup, did henna for ages :)

But as the result I want is really permanent fair blonde, and henna can't do this, it's not the way I would chose.

But thank you very much ;)

Furyah
November 25th, 2009, 04:18 PM
You could try honey lightening -- look for the article on it. It is less damaging than bleach, but as I understand it, creates peroxide that will lighten your hair

Thanx! I'll give it a check! But, Wont it take a lot of time for me to have a fair blond hair color?

Anywhere
November 25th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Thanx! I'll give it a check! But, Wont it take a lot of time for me to have a fair blond hair color?

Patience is key if you want the least damage possible.

It might take a loooong time though. I have some pictures in an album that shows my experience with honey lightening. (used it to lighten my dyed-dark ends).

It doesn't work on everyone though.

jojo
November 25th, 2009, 07:14 PM
Have highlights and only ever get the roots re-done, this is not as damaging! I also highlighted over heavy henna glosses and had no problem!

zule
November 25th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Furyah, bleach and permanent solutions--anything very alkaline--do damage your hair. There's no way around that. However, some people seem to be able to do it with less harm than others. It's as though some people have "stronger" hair than others do.

I do know that justgreen, a member here, has gorgeous fair blonde hair. It's not damaged and looks silky-soft. Look her up in the member's list, then click on her profile. There are photos.

There are a number of blondes here who use hair coloring. You can trim off damaged ends regularly, condition regularly and so on. One thing to remember, though. When you're using alkaline products, it's going to be difficult, if not impossible (in my opinion) to get much longer than hip length.

So go for it if you've weighed the benefits and decifits, and the benefits come out ahead for you.

danacc
November 25th, 2009, 07:20 PM
If you want to go from near black-brown to a "fair blonde", I think you're going to have to bleach and cause a good bit of damage. I don't think there is a low-damage way to achieve this big a color change from dark to light.

You'll need to decide how important the lighter color is, and how much lighter you want to go based on how much damage / length-loss it will mean.

Furyah
November 25th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Okay! :)

Very fine answers to me, I'm beginning to think straight about all the available options.

So, I think I will go for bleach. My last remaining questions for this day are:

- Are there some people here who bleached their hair having tailbone length?

-What sort of things should I ask the hairdresser to give me the result I want with the less damage possible?

fawn
November 25th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Make sure the haidresser knows which part of your hair was bleached or colored previously. Likely she will do that part last with the least amount of processing, though you may still risk damaging it...good luck