PDA

View Full Version : A few more hair pics .. this time you can actually see the length :)

Violeta
April 24th, 2008, 06:57 AM
I was reading some of the post here on oiling overnight. Usually I don’t do any treatments or heavy oiling but the day before I decided to just put some oil in my hair and braid it for the nite. I used almond oil that I use on my skin, no coconut oil :(... I have to get some to try it out.

The next day I washed and conditioned as usual. The results were really good :applause. No dryness, no frizz and the hair was nice and soft.
I had a really good hair day on my date with the fireman lol :joy:

Now ... I have a few questions. First of all, are any of you guys on myspace? I have a page, it is mainly for my makeup hobby but hair is more then welcomed too ;)
And second, I find that my color is very one tone … and I think I would like to do some highlights to break it a bit :patrol:. Any advice on that?

Thank you ladies!!

http://i26.tinypic.com/rr8riu.jpg

http://i27.tinypic.com/nlee84.jpg

hehe, sorry for the slightly demented face :crazyq:
http://i30.tinypic.com/1tv34p.jpg

JCFantasy23
April 24th, 2008, 07:01 AM
Wow, gorgeous hair!! :) And shape and face... lol. Glad your date went well.

Shanarana
April 24th, 2008, 07:06 AM
OMG, I love your hair, so pretty and long. I wouldn't do anything to it. :)

Amoretti
April 24th, 2008, 07:07 AM
Beautiful hair and face! Thanks for sharing!

Violeta
April 24th, 2008, 07:09 AM
Wow, gorgeous hair!! :) And shape and face... lol. Glad your date went well.

Hehe, thanks! We laughed all the time and had soo much fun. I canceled 3 times so I had to finally give in … he is mister Sept 2007 of the fireman calendar after all :D ;)

Saoirse
April 24th, 2008, 07:10 AM
nice hair; you're very pretty. :wink:
x

Violeta
April 24th, 2008, 07:12 AM
OMG, I love your hair, so pretty and long. I wouldn't do anything to it. :)

Thank you! But nothing really? You can probably see that from my shoulders down I had some highlights. It looked really good when I did them about one year ago. I always wanted blonde or maybe just lighter hair however I also know that I would have to bleach it and I am not going to damage it that much. But highlights on a lighter color (maybe dark / dirty blonde) may look good :cool:

KajiKodomo
April 24th, 2008, 07:16 AM
Gorgeous! Your hair is perfect, don't get highlights!

If you feel that you need some, don't get them too light, and don't get very many. Try to avoid as much damage as you can if you choose to get them done.

almudena
April 24th, 2008, 07:19 AM
You and your hair are really gorgeous!

BTW, my sister's name is Violeta :)

Xandergrammy
April 24th, 2008, 07:19 AM
Well, aren't you the prettiest thing?? I think your hair is gorgeous the way it is. No highlights are necessary in my humble opinion. :thumbsup:

Xandergrammy
April 24th, 2008, 07:20 AM
nice hair; you're very pretty. :wink:
x

Hijack- Saoirse, this is the first time I'm seeing your new siggy pic! I love it and your hair is soooo long! Just beautiful!

SHELIAANN1969
April 24th, 2008, 07:22 AM
Gasp!! Wow, lovely lovely lovely! Your hair is a beautiful color, and the curls look so soft!

Violeta
April 24th, 2008, 07:30 AM
You and your hair are really gorgeous!

BTW, my sister's name is Violeta :)

That is awesome! I see that you are from Spain, doesn’t surprise me... Violeta is a bit more popular there then in other countries.
Here in Canada I had to “cut” the “a” off so I am Violet now :rolleyes:

Patrycja
April 24th, 2008, 07:30 AM
firemen are sexy :D but I do have a preference for officers :D

wonderful length and they waves are awesome as well!

Kittee
April 24th, 2008, 07:32 AM
Your hair looks great! And so do you! I'd kill for your waist! You go girl!

Violeta
April 24th, 2008, 07:48 AM
firemen are sexy :D but I do have a preference for officers :D

wonderful length and they waves are awesome as well!

Oo you fox!!! lol
He’s fine alright :eyebrows:, I would post the link to his pic but that may be too xrated for this site :oops:

spidermom
April 24th, 2008, 08:19 AM
Your hair looks perfect and doesn't need highlights, but if you want them please be conservative about it and don't bleach out a lot of it. The last time my DD got "highlights," the stylist bleached out most of her uppermost layer to nearly white. Blech! Thank goodness her hair grows so fast and she keeps it about shoulder-length; it's mostly gone now.

paper
April 24th, 2008, 09:49 AM
Perfect the way it is. You have gorgeous hair.

Strangefire
April 24th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Your hair is gorgeous!

psvzum
April 24th, 2008, 08:08 PM
You've got beautiful hair!!!!

Deborah
April 24th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Your hair is simply beautiful! Don't mess with perfection.

Juliette
April 24th, 2008, 11:49 PM
All i can say is I hope mine looks like that when it gets long!! Just lovely!!

Koskaan
April 25th, 2008, 12:19 AM
Your hair looks gorgeous! Especially the ends, the little spirals look awesome! Are they natural? About the highlights, the summer is approaching, maybe you could try spending time in the sun as much as possible? Every head of hair is different, but maybe you could get natural highlights that way! 8)

AprilElf
April 25th, 2008, 02:28 AM
I think the colour is fine, Violeta! You have lovely hair, and gorgeous curls at the ends. :D

Niphredil
April 25th, 2008, 02:50 AM
Oh wow!
Your hair looks beautiful! I love the mild spirals toward the ends!

I think your color is just fine and suits you, but if you really want some modest highlights, go for it. But don'' t go too light, keep it subtle. Your hair may also need some more pampering afterwards!

DavidN
April 25th, 2008, 02:58 AM
Hi Violeta, and fellow Canadian! Your hair looks wonderful, and is shiny and healthy!:flowers: Thank you for sharing.

meichigo
April 25th, 2008, 02:59 AM
Your hair is really pretty! I love your loose spirals, it's such a beautiful texture. (I'm jealous.) And I like how even though your hemline is a bit fairy-tale, it still looks nice and thick. I'm anxious for my recently-trimmed hair to grow back to that length.

Anyway, I'd be pretty wary of highlights... I'm so sick of seeing girls with their hair really obviously highlighted. I have to assume it's the stylists who do it; who would want that done to their hair? It's super obvious looking when there are chunks on top that are several shades lighter with no blending at all.

There's been a thread recently about someone putting ground cinnamon in their conditioner (for the smell) and ending up with lighter hair, so perhaps you could do that intentionally and under more controlled circumstances? Since it's more of a long-term process, you wouldn't end up fading the exact same chunks each time, so I imagine it'd blend better and be a lot more subtle.

Violeta
April 26th, 2008, 08:33 AM
Your hair looks perfect and doesn't need highlights, but if you want them please be conservative about it and don't bleach out a lot of it. The last time my DD got "highlights," the stylist bleached out most of her uppermost layer to nearly white. Blech! Thank goodness her hair grows so fast and she keeps it about shoulder-length; it's mostly gone now.

Oo wow, talking about a bad hair experience huh? :(
I know about the bleaching and I am not doing that. The highlights that I had done long ago were just a few shades lighter then my color and only a few. Thank you for the heads-up tho.

Violeta
April 26th, 2008, 08:34 AM
Your hair is simply beautiful! Don't mess with perfection.

awww, thank you!

Violeta
April 26th, 2008, 08:35 AM
All i can say is I hope mine looks like that when it gets long!! Just lovely!!

If you stick around here and learn, learn, learn it will!! Good luck with your growing ;)

Violeta
April 26th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Your hair looks gorgeous! Especially the ends, the little spirals look awesome! Are they natural? About the highlights, the summer is approaching, maybe you could try spending time in the sun as much as possible? Every head of hair is different, but maybe you could get natural highlights that way! 8)

Yes, all natural because i don’t use any styling tools or products... i don’t even own a blow drier :D lol

Violeta
April 26th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Hi Violeta, and fellow Canadian! Your hair looks wonderful, and is shiny and healthy!:flowers: Thank you for sharing.

Hi there David!!
So you’re Canadian ehh? Thank you; and btw, when my dad had long hair it was just as beautiful as yours ;) same color and length.

Saranne772
April 26th, 2008, 08:41 AM
You hair is gorgeous!! :D And I love your growth in a v- I would like mine to do that but it insists on growing at an angle!! haha

Violeta
April 26th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Your hair is really pretty! I love your loose spirals, it's such a beautiful texture. (I'm jealous.) And I like how even though your hemline is a bit fairy-tale, it still looks nice and thick. I'm anxious for my recently-trimmed hair to grow back to that length.

Anyway, I'd be pretty wary of highlights... I'm so sick of seeing girls with their hair really obviously highlighted. I have to assume it's the stylists who do it; who would want that done to their hair? It's super obvious looking when there are chunks on top that are several shades lighter with no blending at all.

There's been a thread recently about someone putting ground cinnamon in their conditioner (for the smell) and ending up with lighter hair, so perhaps you could do that intentionally and under more controlled circumstances? Since it's more of a long-term process, you wouldn't end up fading the exact same chunks each time, so I imagine it'd blend better and be a lot more subtle.

Oo i would never do something that obvious. I know what you mean, I’ve seen that type of hair as well and it’s just to obvious, on long hair it would look even worst. I wanted just 1-2 shades lighter and only a few just to give some “texture” to it because my hair seems to be soo one tone ... :rolleyes:

Very interesting with the cinnamon but really i dunno if i will have the patience or be brave enough to try that. I also know that some people managed to get their hair a bit lighter by using honey. Now that is pretty cool ... i add some honey to my conditioner for extra moisture but i’ve never noticed my hair getting lighter :shrug:.

Violeta
April 26th, 2008, 08:48 AM
You hair is gorgeous!! :D And I love your growth in a v- I would like mine to do that but it insists on growing at an angle!! haha

Hahah *pulls wedgies on your hair” :D , that is funny! The reason for this type of cut is that I really don’t look too great with my hair being the same length especially in the front ... so my “bangs” are slightly shorter, the back is longer and before I used to have layers in the back but last summer i got a trim and just straighten it.

Druid of Alba
April 26th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Wow! Your hair looks amazing!

I love the spirals at the end, they look beautiful, and your hair looks like it is in amazing condition! Thank you for sharing! :)

MissHair
April 26th, 2008, 11:30 AM
WOW princess hair, I cant wait til my hair is that long. Youve got stunning hair!!

Tresses
April 26th, 2008, 11:50 AM
Violeta, when did your hair get so long? :bigeyes: It's kind of like seeing other peoples' kids you haven't seen in a long time...you forget that they grow when you're not watching. :lol:

Absolutely beautiful hair and beautiful you! My personal opinion? No highlights. Your hair is a deep, rich brown. It is lovely. :flower:

sibylla
April 26th, 2008, 01:34 PM
OMG you´re soooooo pretty!!!!!!

queenjord
August 29th, 2008, 10:11 PM
aw your hair is so pretty i love the curls! and so are you :)

manderly
August 29th, 2008, 10:58 PM
You and your hair are simply gorgeous!! :D

DarkChocolate
August 29th, 2008, 11:07 PM
very nice:) i like your v shape to your hair:)

sahiba
August 29th, 2008, 11:54 PM
Nice hair ... and what do you mean demented face ... all I can see is a pretty smile, nice set of eyes, flawless skin ,and sorry to sound vulgar but perfect assets in perfect places :oops: .

DavidN
August 30th, 2008, 02:47 AM
Thank you for sharing these wonderful photos, Violeta, and your hair is so long, shiny, and healthy! I think your hair colour is very pretty the way it is, but the decision to get highlights always has to be up to you!