PDA

View Full Version : My last time for straight

OleanderTime
November 24th, 2009, 08:18 PM
The other night, I went to the salon for a bangs trim (silly, I know, but for $5 I just want it perfect and I know from experience just how incapable of that I am). They were having a sale and I ended up springing for a scalp oil and massage treatment (delightful!). The treatment was finished with a shampoo and condition, and then they were going to blowdry it. My stylist actually asked me if I wanted them to dry it or not (thoughtful!) and I said yes just for the economics of it all: I wanted to get the most for my money! I figured it'd be my last time before I embarked on this healthy locks journey once and for all: they blew it straight and it felt so (conefully) silky and soft. This is the difference in my texture between air drying (and having it up all day) versus a professional blowout. Opinions?

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx3/OleanderTime/Photoon2009-11-04at19273.jpg

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx3/OleanderTime/Photoon2009-11-16at22392.jpg

http://i736.photobucket.com/albums/xx3/OleanderTime/Photoon2009-11-22at18052.jpg

spidermom
November 24th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Lovely color in all photos; looks like you have subtle violet highlights. I think I'd pick #1 photo if I had to choose the loveliest.

Luckysock
November 24th, 2009, 08:53 PM
Oh I think they all look lovely and healthy - I wouldn't worry about giving up the hair dryer, I don't think its going to hurt you one bit! ;)

ericthegreat
November 24th, 2009, 11:00 PM
I love the way your hair is cut in long layers. It gives your haircut a really nice shape. It looks good blown out straight and also naturally wavy. The layers work very well for your texture, once you gain some more length they will really enhance your natural waveyness.

Naamah
November 25th, 2009, 12:24 AM
Looks very very nice. Photo #2 is my favorite. :)

serious
November 25th, 2009, 12:25 AM
I agree with Eric, your layers look very pretty!

Gypsygirl
November 25th, 2009, 01:20 AM
I love the way your hair is cut in long layers. It gives your haircut a really nice shape. It looks good blown out straight and also naturally wavy. The layers work very well for your texture, once you gain some more length they will really enhance your natural waveyness.

What Eric said! :)

Toadstool
November 25th, 2009, 02:51 AM
I like photo 3 the best - I think you have lovely hair:)

embee
November 25th, 2009, 04:32 AM
Thick waves. Oooh.... envy envy. ;)

Your hair is very pretty.

Mary <><
November 25th, 2009, 04:38 AM
#3! It looks so full & thick in that pic! Lovely waves too!

jasper
November 25th, 2009, 06:17 AM
I like the volume in the 3rd photo- but volume is always my hair envy. I know what you mean about the silky soft blowout feel and your hair looks nice in all three photos. Enjoy your healthy locks journey!

Katze
November 25th, 2009, 06:39 AM
Not sure which pic is which. #3 is my favorite, but I love TRULY wavy hair (not fake wavy like mine) and 3 shows this best.

I used to blow dry my hair straight all the time, but it never 'took', always looked bumpy, and I have to say I am not really a fan of that look, especially since I have learned to embrace my waves.

But glad you had fun with it! :)

myotislucifugus
November 25th, 2009, 06:44 AM
#2! Such gorgeous waves!

redneckprincess
November 25th, 2009, 09:27 PM
ohhh i would LOVE to have (lol pay for) someone to do a massage treatment on my head...maybe thats what I'll ask DH for for christmas...but no blow dryers...your natural waves look almost like mine

angelthadiva
November 25th, 2009, 10:03 PM
I think they all look lovely, but the first one is my fave :)

Leah Polamalu
November 25th, 2009, 10:14 PM
It looks really soft, especially in the 2nd picture. Can't wait to see your progress!