PDA

View Full Version : Varying hair types?

Rebelkat
April 24th, 2008, 12:46 AM
I noticed something slightly unusual about my hair recently. I seem to have several types of hair growing out of my scalp. The individual hairs range from very fine to coarse and I have sections growing wavy and others that are perfectly straight. Does anyone else have hair that grows like this? :ponder:

JCFantasy23
April 24th, 2008, 01:07 AM
I don't believe I have that, but I have chameleon hair. It can change shade by itself by mere days, the oddest thing.

Katze
April 24th, 2008, 01:33 AM
yes, many people here say the same thing.

On my head there are baby-fine, seethrough, straight, almost colorless hairs at the crown and medium brown, crinkly, wiry, curled-up hairs at the nape. I always assumed it was genetic - straight fine hair from mom's scandinavian heritage, darker wavy M hair from dad's southern german roots.

One of the hardest things for me is to "listen" to all my hair, so I usually end up putting a lot more moisture on the underneath/length than on top. I never condition my crown, but condition my length a LOT.

hope this helps!

Saranne772
April 24th, 2008, 04:14 AM
I have the same thing!

I have found hairs on my head that are in tight curls (single strands here and there)

Hairs that are jet black- must be from my mother- hairs that are blonde and hairs that are all varying shades of brown. And auburn ones too!

Plus varying thickness and textures too!

GlassEyes
April 24th, 2008, 05:02 AM
I have all the hair types on my head I think, but I blame dye damage, new growth, and henna.

I'm pretty sure my natural texture would be F or M though. I think. If it turns to to be coarse, whatever. XD I just want to know at this point.

HeavenlyTresses
April 24th, 2008, 06:34 AM
Mine is like that, the wave is the same but each strand feels different. Some are so thin you can barely tell they are there and some feel like thin wires and everything in between. And all different colors, blonde, red, brown and black.

Altocumulus
April 24th, 2008, 07:56 AM
I have 3a hair at my temples, 2c over most of my head and 1c at my nape. Most of my hair is M, but I have a fair number of Cs mixed in, and F at my hairline. From what people have posted here, this is fairly common, especially for the wavy types.

KajiKodomo
April 24th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Same for me. I have mostly very coarse hairs. However, I also have baby-fine blonde hairs, curly red hairs, and really kinky, coarse black hairs. I also have coarse brown hairs, which is the majority of what's growing from my head. I dye my hair black, however, so I don't notice it as much, but they're there. Haha!

When I was younger, I just thought I was weird. :p

spidermom
April 24th, 2008, 08:07 AM
Yup - me too. All colors. All degrees of straight/wavy/curly. All textures.

KaeleyAnne
April 24th, 2008, 08:45 AM
I too have all sorts of hair growing on my head, ranging from very curly to straight and from fine to coarse and wiry. It's pretty well dispersed throughout my hair as well. The only thing that is consistent is that many of my baby hairs on the top of my head think that they are super curly, which contributes to some of my frizziness.