PDA

View Full Version : Fav Cone-Free Conditioner

Um Enis
April 23rd, 2008, 09:17 PM
Ok. I'm ready to go back to SC... now I need the C.

What's your favorite conditioner?

nienna42
April 23rd, 2008, 09:24 PM
For normal use, I love the Suave Juicy Green Apple. Smells like heaven, leaves my hair soft and about as tangle free as my hair ever gets, and it's cheap! I like that it's kind of in the mid-range of richness--it's not as thin as most of the VO5 conditioners, but it's still thin enough to spread through my hair pretty easily.

For an occasional treat, or to mix into a deep treatment, I like Sally's generic version of Biolage Conditioning Balm. (I'm sure the real stuff is good, too, I just haven't tried it--too expensive.) If I use it as my only conditioner, it leaves my hair kind of weighed down until I wash it again, but then after that washing, it looks and feels so healthy. I think my hair likes it because it has protein, but only a very little bit. Actual protein treatments tend to fry my hair.

AJoifulNoise
April 24th, 2008, 07:30 AM
I'm mostly a cone-head, but I do dabble in cone-free...

Trader Joe's Nourish Spa and Trader Joe's Essential

Patrycja
April 24th, 2008, 07:48 AM
yum.....Sauve Naturals Coconut.Its heaven in a bottle(well-my idea of a coconut heaven at least)

Loviatar
April 24th, 2008, 11:16 AM
I like Superdrg aloe vera, but its UK only. Worldwide I guess my favourite would be VO5 Nourishing Calming white camomile tea. I also really like Honeydew Smoothie, Silky Champagne Kiss and Extra Body in the VO5 line, but I can only seem to get them in pound stores here.

Um Enis
April 24th, 2008, 11:27 AM
seems like everyone like the cheap stuff... at least i won't be afraid to use as much conditioner as i need. im glad there's a cone-free alternative, because the hard, hard water here and cones didnt go over real well for me

somethingwicked
April 24th, 2008, 03:03 PM
I can only seem to get them in pound stores here.

That's great that they have pound stores in the UK. Sorry to be dumb, but that cracks me up :) I make fun of the dollar store all the time, but I'm darn sure in there on a regular basis trolling for cut price hair, car and kitchen stuff, and CANDY! I thought the US was the only one with $1/dollar store phenomenon. :D

I wish I could rock the cheap stuff. I like the v05, but it really seems like if I use it on a regular basis, I get a lot of breakage. Suave is better, but it seems like they changed their formulas. I'm still using out of my hoard of Milk and Honey, but the labels on the new bottles look different. Not that I fear change, or anything :P

I like Nexxus Humectress as a leave in, and TiGi Moisture Maniac. I think I'll try Sally's generic Humectress next time, though - I like their generic Therappe shampoo WAY better than the original.

Leisha
April 24th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Mine (but I doubt they will be available in other parts of the world :? ):

Inecto Moisture Miracle conditioner (coconut)
Henna Cure & Care hair mask with aloe vera
Ultra Doux mask with peach and nut oil

These three are very good, they moisturize my hair well.

ETA: I do S/C by the way, so I tend to go for "heavier" conditioners

AlleyKitten
April 25th, 2008, 12:19 AM
I CO with VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea conditioner, it's nice and light and smells great. For my heavier final conditioner I like Giovanni 50:50 conditioner, which smells sort of ... well, it smells like conditioner, but my hair loves it.

Faepirate
April 25th, 2008, 12:43 AM
I like Superdrg aloe vera, but its UK only. Worldwide I guess my favourite would be VO5 Nourishing Calming white camomile tea. I also really like Honeydew Smoothie, Silky Champagne Kiss and Extra Body in the VO5 line, but I can only seem to get them in pound stores here.

I love the Superdrug aloe vera as well :)
But I have a horrible feeling they've discontinued it... unless they just didn't have any in my local store. They only had the Jojoba conditioner and aloe vera shampoo, and no shelf space for all the others that they used to have! I was sad.

lookingglass
April 25th, 2008, 10:06 PM
SKR and Vanilla Mint Tea are my 2 VO5 faves, but Honeysuckle Rose by Aubry Organics for "real" moisture.

psvzum
April 30th, 2008, 11:00 AM
I really love GothRosary conditioners but they are very pricey for the amount you get. On the upside, I really don't need to use alot.

Dulci
April 30th, 2008, 02:21 PM
I love VO5 Extra Body conditioner, it detangles beautifully and rinses out completely (I don't like gunk left on my hair, makes it tangle). After I rinse out the VO5, I rake a fat quarter-sized blob of Beauty Without Cruelty Leave-in through the length.

longhair4jesus
May 1st, 2008, 04:25 PM
Vo5 or Suave and any of them

babywolf
May 1st, 2008, 04:47 PM
All of you seem to like VO5? That surprises me. I have never tried it - but you all have beautiful hair - so there must be something to it.

BW

Phalaenopsis
May 2nd, 2008, 02:18 AM

That's my favourite too (also love the smell)
I also really like the Elsève (Elvive) conditioner Alpha-Jojoba for long hair.

rhosyn_du
May 2nd, 2008, 02:44 AM
For times when I need lots of moisture, I like Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose, and for lighter, every-wash-type conditioner, I've been really digging on SylvieL's Solid Conditioner.

savi
May 2nd, 2008, 05:14 AM
Umm.. I have a closet full of conditioners and I can't decide which one I like the best. :surprise: Probably because I'm always adding glycerin or honey to them, because I need the extra moisture. Can I vote for honey and glycerin?

Alethia
May 2nd, 2008, 05:28 PM
I recently tried Aussie Miracle Luscious Long conditioner and my hair has looked and felt really great since. I think it's cone-free, but i could be wrong. My hair is very shiny, very soft, and quite slippy. Not great for up-dos, but it feels a lot better than it has for a while on the homemade shampoo bar, ACV rinse and oil diet.

wimsey
May 2nd, 2008, 06:54 PM
Regis Design Line Olive Oil Conditioner is my favorite and what I use most often. I also really like Elucence. And for a leave in--Shea Moisture Shea Butter Leave-in Conditioner.

But I'm really in to heavily moisturizing conditioners. What are you looking for in a conditioner?

tmmycat
May 2nd, 2008, 07:49 PM
I really love Whole Foods 365 conditioner (for co-wash). It is cone-free, protein-free, with natural ingredients, doesn't leave ANY buildup, and gets my hair really clean and shiny if use a lot of it, or I can mix it with oil or use less if I want to keep more moisture in my hair. And it's cheap so I don't feel guilty about using a ton of it. :)

kwaniesiam
May 2nd, 2008, 07:59 PM
I use burt's bees raspberry and brasil nut conditioner and can't say enough good things about it, but it is a bit more expensive. The cheaper stuff just never worked for me for regular use, my hair felt icky.

Shermie Girl
May 2nd, 2008, 09:41 PM
For CO washing, VO5. I like the Silky Expressions, either Lavender Luster or, my very, very favouriteinthewholewideworld, Champagne Kiss. For a finishing conditioner, I adore Nexxus Colour Ensure. It is fabulously moisturising, has great slip and is wonderful for chemical dyed or hennaed hair. :D

Aljona
May 4th, 2008, 04:52 AM
I actually have three favorite conditioners. They are urtekram's rose conditioner (actually I like all of their conditioners, but the rose co smells best), Dr Hauschka jojoba and marshmallow and tigi Oatmeal&Honey. The tigi conditioner I use mostly for deep treatments, it's very moisturizing and I don't need that much moisture every day.

UrbanEast
May 4th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Jessicurl Weekly Deep Treatment

LynnM
June 5th, 2008, 11:55 AM
I really love GothRosary conditioners but they are very pricey for the amount you get. On the upside, I really don't need to use alot.

:agree: They are awesome! I sometimes use the conditioner as a cone-free leave-in when I don't want to use oils.

Forever_Sophie
June 5th, 2008, 11:57 AM
L'oreal Nutri Gloss (I think? Pink bottle ;) ).

LynnM
June 5th, 2008, 11:57 AM
(Urgh, sorry - I can't edit my posts yet. :p)

I use the non-protein V05 conditioners - SKR is my favorite right now. I hope to try some others, too, if I can ever find them in stores. :p

Lamb
June 5th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Right now, Nature's Gate. The ultra-cheap Life Brand condish is not bad as a light leave-in either. (Canadians sure know, it's Shopper's DrugMart's own brand.)

Fillette
June 5th, 2008, 12:31 PM
I tried Vo5 for while but did not like it. Now I swear by Suave (the blue stuff - i think it is called ocean mist or something.) I absolutely love the smell.

jojo
July 28th, 2008, 04:12 PM
I like Boots lavender and rosemary and am presently in love with tigi moisture manic its lovely!

EvaSimone
July 28th, 2008, 04:27 PM
I like a combination of Giovanni 50:50 conditioner and some VO5 for everyday.

I also can't say enough about Loreal Nutrigloss deep treatment for a deeper conditioner it's my stand by and always makes my hair feel like silk. It's definitely cone free and is light on protein which is a bit of a surprise since the shampoo and everyday conditioner in the set have cones.

I just ordered some Goth Rosary conditioners, I am really excited! If I like them I might come back and edit my post. :D But I agree with everyone else $8 for 4 oz. is a bit much...

Riot Crrl
July 28th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Nobody mentioned Aubrey Organics!

Aubrey Organics!

JessTheMess
July 28th, 2008, 04:35 PM
suave naturals coconut and vo5 vanilla mint tea... MMMmmm

Aisha25
July 28th, 2008, 06:11 PM
My favorite would have to be suave coconut naturals. Oh mmm smells so yummy in the bottle and the hair and the smell even stays in my hair the whole week. Also it detangles good too.

lora410
July 28th, 2008, 06:44 PM
V05 extra body. It should be called extra moisture I just love it so much. Also the strawberries and cream moisturized well also :D

CurlyNinja
July 28th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Aubrey Organics when I really need conditioning, and VO5 for detangling and ho-hum using-conditioner.

Tressie
July 28th, 2008, 10:26 PM
I don't have a favorite yet! Still searching and testing. I am a former cone-head, and I have furry hair since going cone free. I wonder if I should forge ahead with the cone free regimen? I have recently used a VO5 which was a peach moisture milk, I think? It was nice, but not really very moisturizing on my hair, though it did make it nice and soft! I tired an ethnic brand called "hair mayonaise" which had oils and herbs and had a strong but not unpleasant smell (cheap too). It rinsed out well and left my hair soft and fragrant, but not shining. If I find the "holy graille" (spellling?) of cone free conditioner for my hair type, I will report! Pressing onward in the goal of thick, soft, shining, healthy hair..........cassia obovata???? Please forgive any spelling errors!:rolleyes:

Riot Crrl
July 28th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Cassia made mine shinier but I dunno about softer. Like henna I consider it more of a strength/shine treatment than a moisture one.

Aubrey Organics are the heaviest and most moisturizing cone free conditioners that I personally have used.

flapjack
July 29th, 2008, 01:32 AM
Burt's Bees, Trader Joe's, Bioinfusion and Giovanni (when it's on sale) are all A-okay for this head over here. I usually don't need a heavy conditioner and the Burt's Bees ones are very light, so they work well for me.

detritus
July 31st, 2008, 11:18 AM
Aubrey Organics honeysuckle rose for after shampooing or when my hair is really dry. I'm still shopping around for the perfect CO conditioner, but I've been using Nature's Gate hemp for a couple weeks and so far like it. I didn't like the scents of the VO5 line and they made my scalp break out.

crebbsgirl
July 31st, 2008, 11:24 AM
Ok I have what may be a silly question - Does Suave Naturals have a different formulation in Canada? I looked at the Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut conditioner and there are cones in it here! And sorry if this has been answered elsewhere - I couldn't find it. :)

thankyousir74
July 31st, 2008, 11:47 AM
Any V05 conditioner that smells good ^__^ It's cheap and I'm so glad I could find an inexpensive cone-free conditioner

Takethevitamin
July 31st, 2008, 02:36 PM
I have tried $20 hair conditioners, all-natural this and that, salon this and that, and I always go back to that cheap White Rain Ocean Breeze Conditioner. It smells like "me".

Riot Crrl
July 31st, 2008, 02:57 PM
Ok I have what may be a silly question - Does Suave Naturals have a different formulation in Canada? I looked at the Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut conditioner and there are cones in it here! And sorry if this has been answered elsewhere - I couldn't find it. :)

Are you sure that there were? Sometimes people think these preservatives are cones: Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

crebbsgirl
July 31st, 2008, 08:06 PM
Are you sure that there were? Sometimes people think these preservatives are cones: Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

I will take a look again. Maybe I was mistaken! :) Thanks for your help :)

easternsunrise
July 31st, 2008, 11:16 PM
Suave coconut is still my all time fav!:cheese:

Fencai
August 6th, 2008, 06:42 AM
Im all about the White Rain Coconut.
Cant get enough of the smell of it!
I have a bottle of the V05 clarifying with the "citrus" smell... which i cannot stand the smell of , so I dont use it very often.

sipnsun
August 6th, 2008, 06:45 AM
I love Biolage Conditioning Balm. I follow that up with Back to Basics Sunflower leave in spray. They are both cone free and smell great!

lora410
August 6th, 2008, 06:46 AM

I noticed that here in the U.S as well..hmmm

EvaSimone
August 6th, 2008, 07:19 AM
These are the ingredients from Suave Vanilla floral conditioner, I couldn't find the coconut one.

Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Potassium Chloride, Distearyldimonium Chloride, 2 Bromo 2 Nitropropane, 3 Diol, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitmain E Acetate), Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Vanilla Planifolia Extract (Vanilla Planifolia), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond), Orange 4 (CI 15510), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Orange 4 (CI 15510)

The two in bold aren't cones like RiotCrrl says, I made the mistake when I first joined the boards of thinking that everything that ends in 'one' was a cone. In reality it's whatever ends in 'cone'

I was always trying to figure out why it was so hard to find cone free products. :)

JessTheMess
August 6th, 2008, 07:24 AM
new found fave...

V05 moisture milks in passion fruit smoothie.
just posted a blog about it. It leaves my hair awesome! and it smells mmmmmm yummyyy

Calanthe
August 6th, 2008, 08:48 AM
I'm happily hopping from Aubrey Organics ' Honeysuckle-Rose (although it's terribly expensive over here to Sanoll's Intensive Coditioner. But I only use it after a colour-session as it is very rich and would be far too rich for normal use.

Aisha25
August 6th, 2008, 09:02 AM
These are the ingredients from Suave Vanilla floral conditioner, I couldn't find the coconut one.

Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Potassium Chloride, Distearyldimonium Chloride, 2 Bromo 2 Nitropropane, 3 Diol, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitmain E Acetate), Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Vanilla Planifolia Extract (Vanilla Planifolia), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond), Orange 4 (CI 15510), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Orange 4 (CI 15510)

The two in bold aren't cones like RiotCrrl says, I made the mistake when I first joined the boards of thinking that everything that ends in 'one' was a cone. In reality it's whatever ends in 'cone'

I was always trying to figure out why it was so hard to find cone free products. :)
Yes I made that mistake too at first but then Riot Crrl explaine to me that it was perservatives.:smile:

zanne
August 10th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Burt's Bee's Hair Repair Shea & Grapefruit Deep Conditioner 2 minute treatment.
Wow, that's a mouthful even when you type it:)
My hair loves it and it smells delicious.

KarenLynn
August 10th, 2008, 10:33 PM
For a heavier (as in, not for CO washing) conditioner I like Balea, especially the aloe vera and coconut ones. Recently I bought Biolage conditioning balm, which also seems to work just fine.

RedElephant
August 11th, 2008, 05:53 PM
When I was cone-free Vo5 was a staple. I think the moisture milk line is the best. It kept my dry prone curly hair moisturized. I've only tried the citrus 'flavor' of White Rain and it was above average. The only Suave conditioner I've used that I like was the coconut one, the others did nothing for my hair.

Darkhorse1
August 11th, 2008, 05:56 PM
John Frieda's brilliant brunette natural shine conditioner is AMAZING. Leaves my hair soft and shiny--this is the first no cone conditioner to work for my hair! :)

dorothea-brooke
August 11th, 2008, 05:57 PM
I haven't seen anyone mention Aveda yet -- I feel like I'm the only LHCer who is an Aveda fan.

:wail: I'm lonely!

I love the Rosemary Mint conditioner (yes, it's cone-free!); it's light and smells heavenly. :cloud9:

True, it is pricey, but I only use it once a week (after shampoo, I'm not CO), so it's not too bad.

dorothea

Eryka
August 21st, 2008, 04:28 AM
<--- ABBA whore

I've been using ABBA for about 10 years and every time I venture out and try something else, I always run back screaming for my ABBA. The cheapie stuff has never worked for me no matter how much I wanted it too. It's not horribly expensive (15$ for 10oz for the regular C and then 13$ for the leave in which lasts about 2 years for me.) On the upside, I can use any old shampoo as long as its gentle. The cheapie shampoo my hair likes. /shrug

Eryka
August 21st, 2008, 04:41 AM
EDIT: Look on EBAY for great deals on ABBA. Dangerous . . .

kjara
August 21st, 2008, 05:10 AM

That's my favourite too (also love the smell)

I third the ultra doux mask ,when I can't buy 100% eco-friendly conditioners I go back to this because it's really good,it leaves my hair silky and shiny and it's not too expensive ;)
I don't CO ,I tried but it doesn't work for me :shrug:
I tend to use Italian poos and conditioners so I don't think mentioning them would be of use to anyone .
I'd really like to try Sante Brilliant Care conditioner since Loreyanne_H raves about it :D and German eco-friendly products are usually easier to find here :D

Tapioca
August 21st, 2008, 09:14 AM
I'm another cheap-condish fan. Pretty much anything Suave or V05 that smells good. If it's on sale, it's a bonus. The Suave Aloe and Waterlily was ulta-moisturizing, but I didn't care for the scent.

GibsonGirlV
January 12th, 2009, 11:20 AM
for CO I love the cone free conditioners from suave, white rain, and Vo5. I especially love the floral scented varieties.

However, my hair needs more moisture than that. Whether I CO or use diluted shampoo, my favorite conditioners to actually condition my hair are Trader Joe's Nourish conditioner and Biolage conditioning balm. The biolage is pricy, but it doesn't take much to do the trick and the TJ's is so cheap that it works out alright. I wash/condition my hair 2-3x a week and i use the biolage approx only every 3rd time or so to help it last longer.

I have tried SOOOOOOOOOOOO many different cone free conditioners, and TJ's and Biolage CB are really truly heaven-sent. I don't know what I would do without them. They are each Holy Grail products for sure.

BlackfootHair
January 12th, 2009, 11:21 AM
For cone free, I like Mane and Tail conditioner. mmmm smells nummy. :)

Moldilocks
January 12th, 2009, 02:58 PM
I love, love, love Sally's generic version of Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm. I'm also quite fond of Cure Care. Both of which I tried due to TLHC.

zen_oven
January 12th, 2009, 03:04 PM
I LOVE Suave Tropical Coconut. Smells nice, my hair loves it, and it's cheap!

Teakafrog
January 14th, 2009, 08:45 AM
I like the VO5 conditioners, and they have great scents.

sibilum
January 14th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Weleda's Aloe condioner. It is great for CO, but too expensive for that, so I mostly use it as a regular condioner after shampoo. I haven't found a good cone free conditioner for COing here in my country. We don't have VO5 or Suave.

Copasetic
January 14th, 2009, 09:35 AM
I love Live Clean moisturizing conditioner. It has a really nice, light, coconutty smell to it.

rags
January 14th, 2009, 11:21 AM
I like Burt's Bees for everyday and then I had been using Redken's deep treatment, but as I am trying to be cone free at the moment, I'm going to pick up some Biolage balm.

The sauve and V05 not only don't work for my hair, the smells are so strong they gave me an asthma attack! (is contemplating running back to her Redken)

pariate
January 14th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Mine is MOP's C-System Hydrating Conditioner. It gives me more slip than any other cone-free I've tried, great shine and softness... and it smells heavenly!

Maddy25
July 29th, 2009, 02:11 PM
I really love "Live Clean", the moisturing one. It makes my hair smell like flowers <3 I love that it is 98% plant ingrediants.

EtherealOde
July 29th, 2009, 02:53 PM
Right now I'm using Burt's Bees Pomegranate and Soy, smells great and leaves my hair silky.

HennaFaerie
July 29th, 2009, 03:00 PM
For an occasional treat, or to mix into a deep treatment, I like Sally's generic version of Biolage Conditioning Balm. (I'm sure the real stuff is good, too, I just haven't tried it--too expensive.) If I use it as my only conditioner, it leaves my hair kind of weighed down until I wash it again, but then after that washing, it looks and feels so healthy. I think my hair likes it because it has protein, but only a very little bit. Actual protein treatments tend to fry my hair.

DITTO! I do this to, but I dilute it with VO5 until its more of a yogurt consistacy. I find the Sally's brand (Matrixx) does weigh my hair down too. But as long as I dilute it, it works wonders. I've been using it for years and I love it!

sweet*things
July 29th, 2009, 03:20 PM
So far I've only tried two. Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose is wonderful (even if it does seem like I'm applying sunscreen to my hair ;) ). I tried Kiehl's Sunflower and it's okay, but didn't seem to add any moisture.

AOHR is definitely my favorite so far!

Arielle8960
July 29th, 2009, 04:09 PM
Another vote for AOHR! That stuff is heaven-sent for my lakewater-drenched, chlorine-green hair this summer.

xovictoryxo
July 29th, 2009, 04:48 PM
Biolage Conditioning Balm is great, just pricey
I love mane and tail conditioner.
also hair mayonnaise.
and i have suave ocean mist which i like but its not very conditioning.
i need to find new cone free affordable conditioners.

krissykins
July 29th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Right now I love Suave Fresh Mountain Strawberry and Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose.

I want to try Biolage Conditioning Balm, but mayber I will check out the Sally's version.

rhosyn_du
July 29th, 2009, 05:38 PM
I really like both Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose (when it's dry out) and Kiss My Face Whenever (when it's not).

LittleOrca
July 29th, 2009, 05:47 PM
VO5 Strawberries and Cream Conditioner

masterofmidgets
July 29th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Trader Joe's Nourish Spa - mild scent that doesn't bother my allergies, nice and thick, and it doesn't break my budget.

Aeon F.
July 29th, 2009, 09:22 PM
Well, I'm a bit of (ok- huge) condish slut, ;) so it's hard for me to pick just one (and my "fave" probably rotates on a weekly basis anyway), but right now I'm loving:

Thick- Esencia's White Lotus Hydrating Conditioner - nice and rich and leaves a really pretty lingering scent.

Thin- Freeman's Papaya & Lime overboard shine conditioner- gives really nice slip

runners up- VO5 blackberry sage tea, Passion Mango smoothie, Giovanni's smooth as silk & direct-leave in weightless moisture

Well, those are my faves this week... :D

sana junaid
July 29th, 2009, 09:30 PM
is garneir conditioner cone free?

Aeon F.
July 29th, 2009, 09:37 PM

Some of them are- the sleek and shine and their newest one, Triple Nutrition are cone free, but they also have other lines that are super coney! :)

sana junaid
July 29th, 2009, 09:41 PM
oh thanks :)

ChrissieM
July 30th, 2009, 08:03 AM
My fave is the Suave Juicy Green apple, too. It's more moisturizing than some of the others, so it's good for a regular conditioner. I just used it in an SMT last night and my hair still smells nice and appley this morning.

swirlytresses
July 30th, 2009, 09:58 AM
I've never tried the Biolage conditioning balm but I love the Sally's GVP version of it...the best conditioner! I have tons of conditioners that I like, but this one, I love.:)

Lilli
July 31st, 2009, 05:23 PM
Some of them are- the sleek and shine and their newest one, Triple Nutrition are cone free, but they also have other lines that are super coney! :)
What about the matching shampoos? Are they cone-free?

Lilli
July 31st, 2009, 05:24 PM
Anyway, mine is Giovanni Smooth as Silk.

joyellen
July 31st, 2009, 05:35 PM
My favorites are Suave Naturals conditioners in Refreshing Tangerine and Fresh Mountain Strawberry.

melikai
August 1st, 2009, 05:49 AM
Over here I love the Alverde Lemon Blossom and Apricot conditioner, Alverde Aloe and Hibiscus conditioner, and this very cheap Italian brand called Genera's Chamomile and Aloe Vera conditioner.

When I lived in the US, I really liked VO5 Naturals Lavender and Lilac conditioner.

ETA: oops, I mean Suave Lavender and Lilac :)

ljkforu
August 1st, 2009, 06:00 AM
seems like everyone like the cheap stuff... at least i won't be afraid to use as much conditioner as i need. im glad there's a cone-free alternative, because the hard, hard water here and cones didnt go over real well for me
The cheap stuff is better. The only exception if run into is Nature's Gate conditions -- they are cone free, really rich, heavily scented and a lot more expensive. Why don't you give them all a whirl. I love the sauce coconut and even use it as a wash off body lotion in the shower. I also adore vanilla mint vo5 for a lighter coating.

ljkforu
August 1st, 2009, 06:04 AM
Not usually but boy do they give you good cones when you need them like today. I went in a hot tub with 30 inches of hair that now feels like seaweed. I'm going to do an smt using garnier and condition my roots with monistat.

Aeon F.
August 1st, 2009, 12:05 PM
What about the matching shampoos? Are they cone-free?

Hi Lilli, I don't know as I'm on a CO (conditioner-only) wash method- I almost never use shampoos. Occasionally when I do use one for my version of "clarifying"- I use a sulfate free shampoo from Burt's Bees.

Sorry!

RancheroTheBee
August 1st, 2009, 12:31 PM
Another vote for anything Suave! Best two dollars I ever spent.

Heavenly Locks
August 1st, 2009, 06:10 PM
I like suave a LOT. Second is VO5 :)

I can't choose a scent/variety because what I can get over here varies and I take what I can get most of the time. Although I did smuggle 5 family size bottles of Suave back over here in my luggage last month. "you're a hair person when?" LOL

Eden_Rayn
August 1st, 2009, 08:31 PM
I love suave naturals coconut and the one that smells like apple (light green bottle)

I also like vo5 strawberries and cream yet I do not think my hair likes it at all.

Lilli
August 2nd, 2009, 08:30 AM
Hi Lilli, I don't know as I'm on a CO (conditioner-only) wash method- I almost never use shampoos. Occasionally when I do use one for my version of "clarifying"- I use a sulfate free shampoo from Burt's Bees.

Sorry!

I checked and they have the dreaded cones. Thanks, though!!

dernhelm
August 2nd, 2009, 09:46 AM
Right now I'm loving suave coconut for co-wash, and ao wc or garnier triple as my rinse outs.

Locksmith
August 2nd, 2009, 11:10 AM
I'm not CO, but I love Aussie Miracle Moist conditioner. Soft and stroky hair! :D

prettigurl
August 7th, 2009, 10:25 PM
My fave cone free condish is vo5 strawberries and cream (I think it's cone free), but if not I choose aubrey organics desert herb

kwaniesiam
August 7th, 2009, 10:28 PM
Burt's Bees Raspberry and brasil nut conditioner. I also like good ol' V05, the chamomile tea scented one. Giovanni tea tree triple treat is nice too.

sexyjacksparrow
August 8th, 2009, 01:53 AM
My favourite is currently Tigi Moisture Maniac. I also like Superdrug's own brand and Tara Smith but I guess you don't have those in the US.

Kerry xx

JamieLeigh
August 10th, 2009, 09:41 AM
I love both Suave Naturals tropical coconut, and Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat. I love the scent and the light feel of the Suave, and the tingly feeling of the Giovanni on my scalp. :)

dsuser896
August 10th, 2009, 04:51 PM
A lot of good suggestions here. I'm gonna have to try a few of them.

twilight_faerie
August 10th, 2009, 06:16 PM
I use VO5 Sun Kissed Raspberry pretty much exclusively. Sometimes I change it up and use Suave Coconut, because I loooove the smell of coconut. Both are cone-free and couldn't be cheaper, and to tell you the truth, I can't tell the difference no matter what conditioner I use.

swirlytresses
August 13th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Also wanted to add that I love Giovanni conditioners also. I found some conditioner at Ross that is Mill Creek botanicals (jojoba) that is working out great right now too. I've seen this brand at natural grocery stores, but I got mine cheaper at Ross ($3.99). :)

Angharad
August 14th, 2009, 07:08 AM
The conditioner I use has no cones and no synthetic ingredients either. It is called aloe vera-hibiscus conditioner from the German brand Alverde. It has a very modest smell and the thickness is great for my hairtype (dry and curly).

I sometimes use the dr. hauschka jojoba and marshmallow conditioner and it is really good but also very expensive so I use it maye once in a fortnight for extra hairpampering.

ElizaSea
August 19th, 2009, 12:24 AM
My fave is definitely Oyin Handmade's Honey Hemp conditioner. I don't have to use much at all (maybe two nickles worth), and it's excellent as a leave in! My hair would be waist-length on me now, if I weren't so damned low-waisted, but when it's wet and mostly straight, it's about at my hips, and super duper thick.

PurpleRays
August 19th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Any V05 has worked for me. I look forward to trying Suave sometime soon. Can't beat cheap!

Madonna-Fan
August 20th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Hello you all,

I like to use the same conditioner as Angharad (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=8425),
the Alverde Aloe Vera/ Hibiscus Conditioner,
just because it´s comprehensive enough for my bleach that is still in my length
and let it feel silky (without silicones :))

Here´s a pic of it:

http://www.pinkmelon.de/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/alverde-sp%C3%BClung_teaser.jpg

Source (http://www.pinkmelon.de/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/alverde-sp%C3%BClung_teaser.jpg)

Spring
August 22nd, 2009, 02:54 PM
I love Suave Tropical Coconut, but I'm always looking for other conditioners, might have to pick this one up next time I'm at Walmart :cheese:
I'm not CO, but I love Aussie Miracle Moist conditioner. Soft and stroky hair! :D

marikamt
August 24th, 2009, 04:22 PM
That's great that they have pound stores in the UK. Sorry to be dumb, but that cracks me up :) I make fun of the dollar store all the time, but I'm darn sure in there on a regular basis trolling for cut price hair, car and kitchen stuff, and CANDY! I thought the US was the only one with $1/dollar store phenomenon. :D

I wish I could rock the cheap stuff. I like the v05, but it really seems like if I use it on a regular basis, I get a lot of breakage. Suave is better, but it seems like they changed their formulas. I'm still using out of my hoard of Milk and Honey, but the labels on the new bottles look different. Not that I fear change, or anything :P

I like Nexxus Humectress as a leave in, and TiGi Moisture Maniac. I think I'll try Sally's generic Humectress next time, though - I like their generic Therappe shampoo WAY better than the original.

haha.... read the first post and thought "wonder what a pound store is" :doh:

thankyousir74
August 24th, 2009, 04:25 PM
V05 Free Me Freesia

Rhiannon7
August 29th, 2009, 01:37 PM
i have tried alot of cone and no cone products, right now my fave no cone is suave vanilla floral, but i do think they did change the formula since three years ago when i tried it, it left my hair so tangled and dry. but it could have been also because i was stuck on cones for years and suddenly gave my hair a no cone condish and it freaked out? who knows? right now my hair loves it, and so does my pocket book. for cones i go for l'oreal nature's therapy mega moisture in the green cap. my hair absolutely adores it, soaks it up like water. but it's a bit expensive for me right now.

Dr. GOD
August 29th, 2009, 10:06 PM
My favorite has been Suave Naturals in refreshing tangerine. It undid all the tangles in my hair and left it smooth, but was also very light and would wash out without any gunk or residue. It also has my absolute favorite scent.
I've recently been using VO5's extra body conditioner and my hair has hated it. It never fully washes out and it leaves my hair feeling sticky.

Lady Mary
August 30th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Conditioner

HoneyDrop
August 31st, 2009, 12:36 PM
I third the ultra doux mask ,when I can't buy 100% eco-friendly conditioners I go back to this because it's really good,it leaves my hair silky and shiny and it's not too expensive ;)

I really love this mask too!

pradabacon
August 31st, 2009, 12:47 PM
My new favorite is Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition. That stuff is fantastic! :thumbsup:

rose_in_bloom
September 1st, 2009, 12:28 AM
I really love Nature's Gate pomegranate sunflower. And of course AO honeysuckle rose.

emeraldfaery
September 2nd, 2009, 10:48 AM
I loce VO5 Free Me Fresia. It smells great and makes my hair the softer using it that any other VO5 condish I've used. I love that I can use it as a CO and it doesn't make my hair oily or dry. Perfect.

may1em
September 25th, 2009, 11:27 PM
I really like both Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose (when it's dry out) and Kiss My Face Whenever (when it's not).

These are my two favorites, too. I keep around some VO5 stuff and just bought Suave juicy green apple and Garnier triple nutrition condtioner as well, though, mostly for economic reasons.

I find it useful to have a variety of "levels" of conditioning available, and also do an occasional CO wash, so I have a lot.

But the AOHR and the Whenever are my faves. They both work as leave-ins, too. :)

indigonight
September 26th, 2009, 05:55 AM
aubrey's organics: either honeysuckle rose or rosa mosqueta.... the most softening, rich, moisturizing conditioners there are in the world!! plus organic and full of goodness= plants only, no cancer causing parabens, paraffins, phenoxyethanols, sls, artifical fragrance, etc..................... believe me, tried them alll.........AOs are pure goodness.... i heart them

rhubarbarin
September 26th, 2009, 09:39 AM
I love Aubrey Organics White Camellia. It's also protein-free. It beats HR, for me at least.

Gladtobemom
September 26th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Hmm, more complicated than you realize:

For CO washes 1 step (meaning no second condish)
VO5 Tea Therapy Chamomile or VO5 (SKR) Sunkissed Raspberry, or Suave Coconut

For CO washes 2 step (cleansing condish first, then Emollient Condish)
VO5 KLS (Kiwi and Lime Squeeze) as the first condish
Jason Henna Hilight as the emollient condish
Biolage Moisture Balm

For use in SMT (I heat my alone first to kill enzymes, then let it cool just a bit, so I don't worry about "curdling)
Tawaka (expensive but great)
VO5 Champagne Kiss (cheap, smells wonderful)

For use in Hair butters (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/blog.php?b=26169)
Jason Henna Hilight
Tawaka (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/blog.php?b=27163)
Biolage Moisture Balm
Earth science Fragrance Free (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/blog.php?b=33059)

Most emollient conditioner to use after clarifying
Biolage Moisture Balm

lookingglass
September 26th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Nature's Gate Jojoba condish

Pony Girl
November 20th, 2009, 10:24 PM
I :heartbeat Aveda. It is 99.9% Plant based.

Cholera
November 20th, 2009, 10:44 PM
I'm sure it's been mentioned by now, but Garnier Triple Nutrition is the beeeest. It's really thick and rich, and it leaves my bleach-fried canopy nice and manageable! :)

pdy2kn6
March 23rd, 2010, 08:09 AM
Is Aussie luscious long a cone-free/sls free conditioner?

Katrina
March 23rd, 2010, 01:08 PM
My favorite is two Tigi conditioners mixed together: Oatmeal & Honey and Moisture Maniac.

lunagoose
March 23rd, 2010, 04:23 PM
For CO-wash I love this Australian brand's conditioner called "Down Under Natural's Strength and Fortify", it is loaded with natural extracts (surprising considering that it costs $2.99 for a giant bottle) and of course the dubious chemical fillers. I use it to wash & condition. It has a thin, runny consistency. It can be found almost anywhere in Canada but I am not sure about US & the rest of the world.

pdy2kn6
March 24th, 2010, 04:24 AM
Does any one know if aussie luscious long conditioner is SLS and cone-free?

-j-
March 28th, 2010, 05:06 AM
My favorite is two Tigi conditioners mixed together: Oatmeal & Honey and Moisture Maniac.

I used to like Oatmeal & Honey, too!
Now my new favorite is Kevin Murphy´s Born again.

MandyBeth
March 29th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Sally's knock off of Biolage's Conditioning Balm. Only one my hair is not a frizzballed mess with.

Katurday
March 29th, 2010, 09:43 PM
I go to Sally's and buy that one gallon jug of conditioner cause its 10 dollars CAN and cone-free. Doesn't smell AMAZING but its very decent and cheap. Then to finish I use the generic Suave Tropical Coconut. Yes it smells divine. =)

geosangel
April 2nd, 2010, 04:14 PM
My favorite is Suave Coconut. It works great for me as a CO, and for use in SMT's, plus it smells great even when mixed with honey. Sometimes I even add a teeny bit of cinnamon, and I smell like a bakery after my hair is clean. My family loves it.

Hana
April 2nd, 2010, 05:08 PM
L'oreal Nutri-Gloss intense masque.
It's actually the leave in conditioner, but I use it as ordinary conditioner and my hair drinks it up.
Yummy yum yum!

MissCoco
April 2nd, 2010, 08:25 PM

Isabelle1984
April 3rd, 2010, 05:18 PM
Earthly Delight and AO GPB Conditioner ! Both work great for me! But I have to switch between them because Earthly Delight makes my hair too smooth and GPB has so much protein that my hair loves it only every now and then :)

PadmeAmidala
April 7th, 2010, 10:54 AM
AO Honeysuckle Rose conditioner - it's perfect!

ywall
February 8th, 2014, 07:05 PM
Must say my hair loves ao products

hairpleasegrow
February 8th, 2014, 07:22 PM
I keep hearing about Biolage Conditioning Balm...anyone know where may i find this? I live in Canada.

I have Alterna Bamboo conditioner, pretty good and it has no parabens . it does have cones tho :)

Johannah
February 9th, 2014, 02:15 AM
Petal Fresh for sure!

pixldust
February 9th, 2014, 03:15 AM
Inecto coconut oil. It's one of the few I've tried that doesn't make my hair sad and limp.

FullMoonTrim
February 9th, 2014, 03:16 AM
Acure pure mint + echinacea volumizing conditioner

ErinLeigh
February 9th, 2014, 05:45 AM
Umm.. I have a closet full of conditioners and I can't decide which one I like the best. :surprise: Probably because I'm always adding glycerin or honey to them, because I need the extra moisture. Can I vote for honey and glycerin?

Thats what I do too :). Love humectants ! I follow with mister filled with water/glycerin/aloe and a little jojoba

I am reading with interest as I am always hunting for a conditioner that blows my mind.
My current ones I enjoy...

GVP Biolage generic conditioner ( best for SMTs)
Trader Joes tea tree tingle ( has protein)
Juice organics POMSmooth
Better hair products argan conditioner ( I think its discontinues so I use sparingly )
Acure Argan stem cell
EO keratin coconut and hibiscus (has protein)
Loreal Eversleek (great for smoothing)
Fundamental earth lavender conditioner

for cowashes any VO5 (kiwi lime clarify, shea cashmere, tangerine smoothie etc)
and Loreal cleansing conditioner

I am still looking for a deep conditioner. I have found most cone free conditioners use a ton of oils but forget some of the conditioning agents so it's been a real hunt. I usually just stick to SMTs and those are great but the product junkie in me wants to find a mind blowing cone free deep conditioner for damaged hair.

Considering trying Paul Mitchel the Detangler as it has water soluble cones. :/

jonnaps
February 9th, 2014, 05:59 AM
I like to change products I use, as if I use same product very long, it doesn't work so well anymore.

Few of my faves (without cones) which I use now: Desert Essence red raspberry, Desert Essence Coconut, Avalon organics olive & grapeseed conditioner.

Stiria
February 9th, 2014, 06:38 AM
I keep hearing about Biolage Conditioning Balm...anyone know where may i find this? I live in Canada.

If it's the condiotiner I think it is, you can find it at feelunique.com and lookfantastic.com. The sites are UK-based, but ship worldwide.

My favorite conditioner is Burt's Bees Super Shiny Mango Conditioner. It leaves my hair so smooth and soft:o

ErinLeigh
February 10th, 2014, 03:26 AM
Not done reading yet but so far I notice a few that have cones.
Wonder if there are different ingredients in Europe vs states or something.
I recall VO5 in England has cones so maybe there are different formulas?
The ones so far that have cones here ...
Nexxus color assure
Loreal nutrigloss
John Frieda
Dove
Aussie moist 3 min miracle.

Not sure about the other Aussie but will check.

ifjuly
March 17th, 2014, 11:16 PM
For SC washing, I love toadstoolsoaps on etsy's leave-in conditioner. It's the only thing besides camellia oil that I've found so far that works to make my otherwise dull sad split ends looking shiny and new and thick and happy without weighing my hair down. Bonus, the zillions of scent options and how the scent (at least the ones I've tried so far) is just the right intensity (definitely noticeable if you're close to my hair, but not so strong as to be distracting in a room) and lasts over a day.

For using conditioner in other ways--CO washing and the first part of CWC washing--I use cheap stuff I can get a lot of easily. Currently that means Whole Foods 365 Herbal Mint, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, and the Tea Therapy V05s.

rcblinn
March 22nd, 2014, 09:07 AM
Normal S&C washing I love Trader Joes Spa Nourish. I often drifted away from it when I would get product junky urges but I always come back to it. For deep conditioning, GVP Hydrating Balm is the bee's knees. I still haven't found that great of a co-wash though-Vo5 builds up something wicked in my hair while Suave seems to weigh it down.

Steffid87
March 23rd, 2014, 10:28 AM
I never knew that the cheap conditioners were so awesome! I figured they were cheap for a reason and tried to stay away. I may go on a conditioner binge soon!

melusine963
March 23rd, 2014, 10:52 AM
My favourite cone-free conditioner is Suave Naturals Aloe and Waterlily. It's dirt cheap, and it smells great. :)

Remi
March 27th, 2014, 08:09 AM
Looks like I will have to go conditioner shopping this weekend! Lots of new products to try.

Long_hair_bear
April 2nd, 2014, 05:50 PM
HeartJCreations on etsy's aloe vera condish! :)

Nadine <3
April 2nd, 2014, 07:51 PM
I LOOOOVE the GUD line of conditioners! They smell amazing and they leave my hair so smooth and soft! I also love my garnier, and suave in everlasting sunshine. It smells a bit like bananas to me :)

seamstress
April 2nd, 2014, 08:02 PM
I'm really happy with fructis Pure Clean conditioner. It works great for me and smells nice and fruity. I may, in the future, look for an unscented one, but that's for once my stash has been used up. :)

ExpectoPatronum
April 2nd, 2014, 08:31 PM
GVP Conditioning Balm from Sally's is my favorite. It works very well for my hair.

rachelbethany
April 4th, 2014, 11:10 AM
I have a couple I rotate. One is quite light, while the other seems more intensely conditioning. The light one I use is the 365 Herbal Mint conditioner from Whole Foods. I love how tingly it is, and all the essential oils it contains. (Here's the link for the matching shampoo (http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/products/shampoo-oily-and-normal-hair-herbal-mint), which I've never used. For some reason, I can't find the conditioner online.) The other cone-free conditioner I use is the Lemongrass + Argan Stem Cell one by Acure (http://www.amazon.com/Lemongrass-Argan-Stem-Cell-Conditioner/dp/B005Z446JC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1396631282&sr=8-1&keywords=acure+conditioner+lemongrass). It's very creamy and smells amazing (with no synthetic fragrance), and is great for damaged ends without being TOO heavy for my super fine hair.

Esther84
April 6th, 2014, 09:31 AM
Timotei, I love the smell and it's 100% parabens, colourants and silicones free

Teeny
April 24th, 2014, 10:03 AM
I like to use Suave Naturals Coconut conditioner both while in the shower, as a leave in, and as part of a moisturizing treatment. But, maybe that just means I'm cheap :P