PDA

View Full Version : Shampoo and Conditioner for Winter?

joyful373
November 22nd, 2009, 05:25 PM
Hi guys!
As I am getting ready for the colder weather here, I was curious... how many of you switch shampoo and conditioner (like to a heavier conditioner) to protect your hair for the winter? I have been using mainly a "no cone" and light conditioner routine, but with the breakage I am starting to have, I am seriously rethinking that. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

jojo
November 22nd, 2009, 05:51 PM
I switch my products all the time, especially in winter my hair likes more moisture, yet in summer it is more minimal, it hates oils in summer yet in winter it drinkds the stuff; its a oilaholic!

Carolyn
November 22nd, 2009, 06:00 PM
I've stepped up heavy oilings and deep treatments in the winter. I use my heat cap more in the winter. I need more moisture in the winter.

Elphie
November 22nd, 2009, 06:43 PM
You don't have to change from being no-cone if you don't want to. Garnier Nutrisse's Triple Nutrition is a nice, heavy moisturizing conditioner that's cone free. The shampoo isn't, just in case you were considering it.

RancheroTheBee
November 22nd, 2009, 11:47 PM
I seem to need heavier oils and conditioners in the summer, rather than winter. Probably because it's so dry here in the summer, and winter is a little better.

*Rose Red*
November 23rd, 2009, 12:57 AM
I often change my products to try something new, but not especially for winter. When I recognize that my hair nedds more moisturizing products, I use them or do deep conditioning more often.

joyful373
November 29th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Thanks mods for moving my mis-placed original post :oops:

.. Thanks too for the feedback. I would love to hear how those of you who said that you needed more moisture achieved that goal. Oiling? Which oil do you find that works for you? Conditioning (or deep treatments) which product do you use? Elphie, thanks for the heads up about the conditioner! I assumed that both the shampoo and conditioner were cones. Go figure :)