PDA

View Full Version : Natural way to straighten hair?

MissMay
November 22nd, 2009, 12:47 PM
Okay, I'm seriously about to give in and straighten my hair with a flat iron here! =(

Does anyone know any ways to naturally straighten hair without heat? I searched the forums but I can't find anything useful:rolleyes:

By the way, my hair is quite straight, just a bit "flicky", so I don't need anything particularly drastic :confused:

Thank you:p

Quixii
November 22nd, 2009, 12:51 PM
If it's naturally pretty straight, you may be able to "help it along" by just combing it repeatedly while it's drying. I've heard that if you comb/brush from the underside, it will prevent the hair from flipping out. :)

Vrushali
November 22nd, 2009, 12:53 PM
You can try the hair wrapping method..

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=22459&highlight=hair+wrapping

Nadi
November 22nd, 2009, 12:57 PM
My hair went completely straight (1a straight) each time I used cassia. But I don't know if that's the kind of straightening methods you are looking for.

MissMay
November 22nd, 2009, 12:57 PM
Thank you, I think I will try the hair wrapping <3

Heidi_234
November 22nd, 2009, 02:46 PM
I'd suggest this one better since your hair is short:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showpost.php?p=514327&postcount=37

Macaroni
November 26th, 2009, 07:55 PM
This is another version of the wrap method: take one HUGE roller, mine is 2 1/2 inches in diameter. Section your crown hair and put in on the roller, rolling down to your scalp and secure it with long bobby pins. This gets the crown hair out of the way and then wrap the rest of your hair completely around your head, (your head becomes a large roller) :) I use long clips to secure my hair against my head. If you're hair is damp, it will dry faster, when wet it takes forever. Please never brush wet hair. A wide tooth comb is all that should be used for it.

My cousin, who had shoulder length hair, used empty orange juice cans as rollers and rolled her entire head of hair in them, it became perfectly straight. Note: she couldn't sleep on them!

Debra83
November 26th, 2009, 09:13 PM
The Pantene leave-in straightener cream, and the Avon Style it straight leave in are supposed to be amazing for almost straight hair.

InTheCity
November 29th, 2009, 12:58 PM
I vote for the second hair wrapped method mentioned above - it has worked wonders for me!
Also, I swear by Aveda hang straight. It's an expensive investment ($20 or so) but one bottle lasts forever since you only need a little. It's also just a nice smoother all around, straight or wavy hair.

Rentlle
November 29th, 2009, 01:02 PM
sometimes, when I hang a realy-heavy scrunchy on the end of my hair, when it's drying; my hair is straighter then normal.
Casia/henna indeed straightens hair, mine did when I used henna :)