PDA

View Full Version : Changing your mind

lacereza
April 23rd, 2008, 06:52 PM
How many of you have revised your length goals?

Now that I've hit waist I've decided that my initial goal is going to be too much trouble to take care of, and am changing it from 37" ('love handle' length:)) to 34" shallow U shape (just below waist).

Just curious to see who else has had a similar experience.

BrianaFineHair
April 23rd, 2008, 07:16 PM
I'm making small goals and when I reach them I set another goal. Basically, I'm taking baby steps. So, yes, they will be revised, longer and longer. :)

I'm currently just below jaw length; all one length except bangs are just at my chin now. Here are my baby steps:

shoulder length
arm pit length
bra strap length

I don't know if I want to go any longer than BSL, but I'll see when I get there. :) It all depends on how well I can manage it being longer than BSL. I never want to go any shorter than BSL once I get there! Maybe I'll end up floating between waist and bra strap length.

ETA: Your U shape hem line - goodness, your hair is very pretty!

Curlsgirl
April 23rd, 2008, 07:31 PM
Yeah I put waist initially because it takes so long for my curls to SHOW growth. However, I THINK when I get there I will go longer if I can and still maintain it looking good with chemical color. So far so good but I have about 5 inches at least to go to waist curly. I hope I get some growth this spring and summer! I'm counting on it! Although last fall's shed brought some fairly good growth. I may go to tailbone if I can but I can't see any longer than that.

1MegMeg
April 23rd, 2008, 07:40 PM
Congratulations for hitting waist! :) I think it's good, and important, to re-assess your goals. As your hair gets longer you learn more about what your hair is able to do and what you are able to manage in terms of taking care of it. Always better to revise your goal to something realistic and manageable.

Like BrianaFineHair, I just have mini-goals. Right now I am working to reach BSL and from there I'll set my next goal.

SHELIAANN1969
April 23rd, 2008, 07:47 PM
I never thought my hair would grow as long as it has, I am going to let her grow untill she cant anymore.

I would adore classic length, and if I ever reach it, I will probobly get greedy for more length!!!

I only put 69 in my goal because thats how many inches tall I am and its also my year of birth!!

Feisty Redhead
April 23rd, 2008, 07:50 PM
I had originally only planned on growing my hair to waist. I'm almost there now (depending on how straight/wavy my hair wants to be... it was like 1/2 inch away yesterday and today was back to just beyond BSL from all the waves. *sigh*) but had already decided not too long after starting to grow out again that I wanted to reach hip instead. Once I get there... well we just have to wait and see. That could be just right, too much, or not enough length for me. Only time will tell. :D

PhillyGirl1978@
April 23rd, 2008, 07:53 PM
I'm with you. It I'm at about 23" when dry 26" when wet. 26" is BSL on me so I need 3 more inches to get there when dry. My initial goal was waist but I want to get to waist when dry. Once it gets there if I can handle it, who knows, I might wanna get to tailbone. I don't think I'd ever go longer than that though.

OhioLisa
April 23rd, 2008, 08:58 PM
The more I get, the more I want. I am just leaving my goal at "terminal" and letting nature decide. :)

Village Mama
April 23rd, 2008, 09:07 PM
I originally wanted to get to bra strap length. Since seeing all of the beautiful hair here my goal in mind is slowly moving down my back! My hair was below tailbone length as a young teen and I loved it ( but was encouraged to cut it) I have so much hair though, and am someone who really does get headaches from the weight of it... so I will have to see what length is practical for me!

Anje
April 23rd, 2008, 09:22 PM
My goals haven't revised that much because they really weren't all that established to begin with. When I first arrived here, I thought, "Yeah, longer hair would be nice, and this place has great ideas about how to care for hair." So I'm growing longer, and longer...

For the time being, my goal is really as long as my hair will go and still look nice and be reasonably easy to care for. I imagine the learning curve steepens after knee, and I honestly don't know that my hair will manage that length very well. It'd be fun to have "freakishly long hair" for a while (I still get noticed for color, not length, and it would be interesting to have that change), though I can see myself ultimately cutting back to something truly easy, like tailbone, one day.

Kittee
April 23rd, 2008, 09:33 PM
My goal keeps getting longer...:p

spidermom
April 23rd, 2008, 09:36 PM
Started out with classic, and I'm still planning for classic. I do sometimes feeo that taking care of long hair isn't all that much fun, though. But I still want to do it. I've always promised myself that I would

nomadhome
April 23rd, 2008, 09:43 PM
I thought I wanted waist, but now that I am at BSL I've realized that BSL is probably all I can handle. That said, I may keep growing just for the next year so that I can wear it down and really wavy at my wedding. If it is WL straight by then, it will probably look more like BSL wavy/curled.

lacereza
April 23rd, 2008, 09:59 PM
Huh. So I'm one of a minority who have decided to stop early, it seems!

Jeni
April 23rd, 2008, 10:30 PM
My goal is waist, I am now thinking waist may not be all that long so I may go to hip. TB is as long as I can imagine myself ever going.

I think it will also depend on my hem line. The longest my hair has been, as an adult, is mid back ish (that was in HS and I never measured, or took care of it...). I didnt pay a lot of attention to my hair, but from what I can remember the hem was blunt/ slight u. I'm not a fan of the V hems (there lovely, but my hair looks thicker with a more blunt cut), so if my hair starts V'ing real bad, my goal length may get shorter. I think my hair would look better with a blunt hem at waist length then a sharp V hem at TB.....this could all change though.

Meli
April 24th, 2008, 01:10 AM
The more I get, the more I want. I am just leaving my goal at "terminal" and letting nature decide. :)

You took the words right out of my mouth :p

aisling
April 24th, 2008, 01:21 AM
My hair was a little above BSL when I found LHC and decided to start growing longer. My first goal was waist and when I reached that, it didn't feel that long. Since then I haven't had a certain length goal, now I just let it grow and I'll grow it as long as I feel comfortable with it, it's easy enough to handle and as long as I can keep a pretty even hemline.

rubyredslippers
April 24th, 2008, 01:23 AM
I've only been on this site for a little while but my goal hasn't changed . . . I still want hair that's small-of-the-back length when dry/wavy (so a little past waist? or is that waist). While I admire longer tresses on other people, I don't think my hair is hardy enough nor am I willing to work at longer hair. But we'll see when I get there.

cindy58
April 24th, 2008, 09:00 AM
My starting goal was waist, but now I'm inching toward tailbone as my goal.

KajiKodomo
April 24th, 2008, 09:09 AM
My original goal when I first joined TLHC was waist, I believe. Now, it's tailbone, but I really want it to be knee-length or longer. I want to grow to terminal one day just to see how long that is. Who knows, it may not even be tailbone length!

wintersun99
April 24th, 2008, 09:22 AM

Delenn
April 24th, 2008, 09:27 AM
My goals haven't revised that much because they really weren't all that established to begin with. When I first arrived here, I thought, "Yeah, longer hair would be nice, and this place has great ideas about how to care for hair." So I'm growing longer, and longer...

For the time being, my goal is really as long as my hair will go and still look nice and be reasonably easy to care for. I imagine the learning curve steepens after knee, and I honestly don't know that my hair will manage that length very well. It'd be fun to have "freakishly long hair" for a while (I still get noticed for color, not length, and it would be interesting to have that change), though I can see myself ultimately cutting back to something truly easy, like tailbone, one day.

Wow, I could've written that. What she said! :p