PDA

View Full Version : have I learned ANYTHING!

Afternoonrain
November 21st, 2009, 08:22 AM
*siqh*....
And I've been a member here for years.

I'm facinq a dilemna. I posted photos of attemptinq to remove henna...but I just couldn't stop there, could I? Lonq story short, I don't think my hair will qrow with this damaqe. At the very least, I could maintain at bsl or shoulder if I continue with breakaqe....or I could just make a chop and qo from there.

and after 4 years of qrowinq...I could be startinq over..aqain. I fiqured out how I learn....the hard way!

spidermom
November 21st, 2009, 08:27 AM
Hopefully at least the henna is gone. Many have gone before you into start-over land; you won't be alone.

Culdayne
November 21st, 2009, 09:18 AM
As Spidermon said, you are not alone! After working so hard to get a healthy regime which included using henna and indigo, I was very unhappy with the color and condition of my hair. Indigo, I belive, was the culprit. I will never use Indigo again, even if I choose some day to do a henna gloss. My hair broke off in odd parts and I never had that happen from years of using chemical hair dye and I had been able to grow my hair to waist!! (this was BAQ stuff, too)

I removed as much as I could but because of the Indigo, my ends turned very ashy, almost green. Apparently, I was lucky to have the ashy-ness.

I have to update my photo. My hair is now sort of in the 'Alice' cut, and and a medium auburn color. (I dyed it to blend and cover - I couldn't get much of the orange-y red out that was in the top part) Since I cut my hair most of the ashy ends are gone.

Just know many have gone through what we have gone through. :flower:

annarose
November 21st, 2009, 09:46 AM
I've been there, done that, and now here I sit with HENNA ON MY HEAD!!

I was almost at waist with hendigo, cut it all off to go bleach blond, got tired of that and went box dye dark. And now here I am with a henna gloss on my head. Talk about learning the hard way, lol! And I've been here for years too! You are definately not alone

It's an awful cycle to get in but please, try to have some fun with it. It is only hair afterall, it will grow back :flower:

christi.adell
November 21st, 2009, 09:49 AM
I'm with you. I can't seem to leave well enough alone. I've started over many times. And may have too again since my hair is breaking at the roots from damage. Of course I don't have as much hair as you but still it's painful to lose any hair!

Anywhere
November 21st, 2009, 11:04 AM
Q's as G's. one of my biggest pet peeves.. :lala:

I have trouble with damaging my hair with things too. (mostly dark hair dye)

I learn the hard way too. but after i quit dying it and it's been babied a lot, its finally feeling nice, and isn't breaking or getting excessive split ends.

good luck with whatever you choose to do~!

Afternoonrain
November 21st, 2009, 11:46 AM
Sorry Anywhere!

The letter that comes after "F" is missinq on hubby's laptop. didn't mean to be a source of annoyance. :)

I did a bit of a concave bob. At least I have some leqnth in the front...and I can trim it back to blend evenly as it qrows. Here qoes...year 5 1/2! haha. DH wasn't too happy about me cuttinq, but I promised him I won't use any more colorinq for the next 5 years. He loves my natural color. :)

DMARTINEZ
November 21st, 2009, 02:17 PM
Im raising my hand and smacking myself with the other......been there,doing that! ;)

Deb

Brat
November 21st, 2009, 02:30 PM
I tried to bleach henndigo. Not so much a success. Now, I have lots of damage and will have to start cutting soon. If I s&d enough, I'll have to have it cut to even it out. I haven't learned either!