PDA

View Full Version : Hair nightmares......anyone else doing this?

Nae
November 21st, 2009, 07:00 AM
I have been a lurker here for a few weeks and just became a new member last week. I am now on here for a few hours every night.......loving it by the way!!:D

Anyways, so last night I had this HORRIBLE dream that my hair was all dry and damaged and in terrible shape. :scared: I woke up absolutely terrified and felt my hair right away. It was short but still in good shape.....thank goodness!

I think the LHC is getting to my head, in more ways than one. Does anybody else do stuff like this or am I just a little crazy?

Kris Dove
November 21st, 2009, 07:04 AM
Yup, I've dreamt I cut my hair to a bob. Also, when my sensitive teeth play up I have nightmares of them falling out.

venividibxtchy
November 21st, 2009, 07:33 AM
Yup, I've dreamt I cut my hair to a bob. Also, when my sensitive teeth play up I have nightmares of them falling out.

I've had a nightmare of my teeth falling out, as well. Only, they didn't fall out individually -- they fell out in "hunks" of teeth and gum tissue, almost like mini-dentures. Unsettling. After I woke up, I had to brush my teeth immediately, in fear of them rotting.

I've never had any overly traumatic dreams about my hair, but the coloring or cutting of my hair has definitely taken place in my dreams.

Tangerine
November 21st, 2009, 08:03 AM
I haven't had any hair-related nightmares. Hair and LHC-related stuff does pop up in my dreams now and then though ... :o

And the teeth thing ... It's been over 15 years since I had braces but every now and then I dream that I for some odd reason I need to squeeze my teeth into the plastic guard that I sometimes had to wear at the time. It doesn't fit anymore and the pain of pushing it on is quite extruciating - very similar to what it felt like when my braces were recently fitted or tightened, but worse. I have no idea why I dream this because I have no issues with my teeth. When I wake up I always need to check whether I've still got all of them and that they're happy ... :D

LaurelSpring
November 21st, 2009, 08:06 AM
I recently had a hair nightmare. I went to a salon for a dusting and she cut it like a mans cut. I was horrified! When I woke up I immediately checked my hair. I think it was because I had watched too many Tyra makeovers.

Keildra
November 21st, 2009, 10:02 AM
I did have dream one time that someone cut my hair in my sleep. It felt so real that when I realized I still had the hair when I woke up, I freaked out.

BlndeInDisguise
November 21st, 2009, 10:26 AM
Last night I had my first hair "nightmare". Usually I have good dreams about my hair. Last night I dreamed that my ends were really thin and wispy, and I was so disappointed, because I'm trying to thicken them up. Sure was glad it was a dream and not real. :D

RancheroTheBee
November 21st, 2009, 10:31 AM
:nono: I totally did, just last night. I dream that chunks of hair were falling out. It was awful. I think I had this dream because the other night a clip got caught in my hair and pulled out about six hairs, which seems a lot more seismic when it actually happens.

Belisarius
November 21st, 2009, 12:48 PM
I have dreamt that all my conditioner and coconut oil was gone.

thankyousir74
November 21st, 2009, 12:54 PM
Hair nightmares are actually pretty frequent, I find xD I've had dreams where most of my hair had fallen out and my scalp was pimply.

Adrienne
November 21st, 2009, 12:56 PM
Once or Twice I have Dreamed I was getting a relaxer!!!!!!!! My hair has been all natural since June 1st 2005. I love it this way. I have NO desire to ever relax my hair again, So those dreams were pretty scary for me.

jera
November 21st, 2009, 02:43 PM
Hair nightmares are actually pretty frequent, I find xD I've had dreams where most of my hair had fallen out and my scalp was pimply.

Ew. I've had the baldiemares lots, but never that my scalp had zits ! That is a hairmare. :pumpkin:

Peter
November 21st, 2009, 02:44 PM
I had my first hair nightmare a couple of weeks ago. I had cut off all my hair. Yikes.

Francoise1606
November 25th, 2009, 04:08 AM
I don't have that many hair nightmares anymore, but back when I had midback/ waistlength hair, I dreamt that my mother cut off all my hair while I was sleeping. Naturally when I woke up I was terrified, and I was a bit anxious around her for a while after :)

Francoise1606
November 25th, 2009, 04:11 AM

I have had that dream too! several times! Never thought that I would meet someone who had that same dream.

Lemur_Catta
November 25th, 2009, 06:38 AM
I had a nightmare last night! I dreamed that, after rinsing indigo from my hair, it was shoulder length and really thinner, with almost see-through ends...At least I liked the color :D