PDA

View Full Version : Question

shockinglength
November 20th, 2009, 12:54 PM
How often do you wash your hair stuff? How do you clean them?

Gumball
November 20th, 2009, 12:58 PM
At the moment I wash twice a week. I do a heavy oiling the night before wash day. Then on the morning of wash day I use one brand of conditioner to wash out the residual oil and to help do some mild cleaning. After that I rinse out that conditioner, then apply an amount of a different brand of conditioner to use as a leave-in before getting out of the shower. I air dry a little bit before styling.

ETA: If it's about hair styling aids like brushes, clips, etc., then I clean them when I feel they need some cleaning. The horn comb I can't wash, but I keep it oiled and every once in a while I remove the buildup by lightly scraping it off. My clips, when unused, sometimes collect dust, and that is easy to remove with a wet paper towel. I really don't have many styling aids that need regular cleaning.

Akiko
November 20th, 2009, 01:00 PM
How often do you wash your hair stuff? How do you clean them?

Does "hair stuff" mean hair items such as combs, brushes or accessories?

Gumball
November 20th, 2009, 01:03 PM
Does "hair stuff" mean hair items such as combs, brushes or accessories?

Ooh that's a good point. I'll gear up for some post appending if that's the case! Hehe.

jeno
November 20th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Hair stuff? Do yo mean brushes and stuff? I wash my tangle teezer once a week, sometimes more often. I wash it with soap.

little_acorn
November 20th, 2009, 01:18 PM
I wash my brush and comb every one or two weeks depending on laziness and whether they need it or not :D

rogue_psyche
November 20th, 2009, 02:24 PM
I wash my brush whenever there's a good amount of hair in it to remove and save for henna hairball tests. I use clarifying shampoo to clean it. And I clean in the shower because that's where the best water pressure is.

Vijikanth
November 20th, 2009, 02:56 PM
I wash hair every day morning. Its just water washing. And apply mild oil so that the ends dont go dry. But twice a week I use just conditioner. I use wide toothed comb.

jera
November 20th, 2009, 03:20 PM
I wash my wide tooth combs once or twice a week with soap and water and and old toothbrush to get any crud out from in between. :D

Anje
November 20th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Well, I wash my hair about 1-3 times/week, depending on season, what I've managed to get in it now, etc.

Stuff like brushes and combs, I wash when they look or feel gunky, which isn't very often since I'm not doing water-only any longer and I haven't really used any products in my hair other than a little oil. (Experimenting with leave-in conditioners and cones right now, so my combs might begin to gunk up faster. I don't know yet.) I don't think I've ever washed a hair stick -- they don't seem to need it.

I don't tend to use a BBB much, but when I do, it gets shampooed fairly regularly, since it seems to collect lint and cat hair.

motormuffin
November 20th, 2009, 05:52 PM
I only wash hair stuff if it looks like it needs it. I think most of it breaks or wears out before it ever has a chance to get washed.

Tressie
November 20th, 2009, 08:46 PM
I don't use very much in the way of leave-ins, but whenever they look like they need it! (o;

Tressie
November 20th, 2009, 08:47 PM
I don't use very much in the way of leave-ins, but whenever they look like they need it, with liquid soap! (o:

Sorry for the double post, I was trying to edit and I guess I was too slow!

Dars
November 20th, 2009, 08:58 PM
I clean my wide toothed comb once in a blue moon...there isn't much to clean off it!

JamieLeigh
November 24th, 2009, 09:18 AM
The only things that really seem to need cleaning are my wooden wide-tooth comb, which I use everyday, and the few hairsticks I have which are wooden. Those, I clean off with regular soap maybe once a week (for the comb) or once a month (for the sticks) and then oil them. It depends on the level of usage and the amount of build-up you get on these objects. :)

Gypsygirl
November 25th, 2009, 05:51 AM
Once a week, and I use baking soda.

Carolyn
November 25th, 2009, 07:32 AM
I don't think you mean hair do you? I think you are asking about combs, brushes and maybe hair accessories? If a hair accessory gets dirty I wipe it off or other wise take care of it. I never wash them. I clean the shed hair out of my brushes when they get noticably loaded with hair. I can't remember the last time I washed a comb or brush.

Speckla
November 25th, 2009, 07:37 AM
I only use 1 widetooth comb and I clean that after each use. Once a month?
The only hair accessory I use right now is my flexi 8 and it doesn't have any gunk or stuff on it so - never?

shockinglength
November 26th, 2009, 07:56 PM
I only use 1 widetooth comb and I clean that after each use. Once a month?
The only hair accessory I use right now is my flexi 8 and it doesn't have any gunk or stuff on it so - never?

I'm a little confused.....does this mean you only detangle once a month. Yes, I meant brushes, combs ect, ect.

Leah Polamalu
November 26th, 2009, 08:04 PM
I wash mine when I remember. I do try to remember to wash my BBB monthly though, since I always use a bunch of oils with it. I use a comb to get all the hair out then soak my brushes in my sink with shampoo and water. The combs I just wipe clean.

Quixii
November 26th, 2009, 08:45 PM
I only use my wide tooth comb in the shower, so I consider it getting clean while I do, I guess. xD
I don't use much else in the way of hair accessories.