PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With An Article.

RancheroTheBee
November 20th, 2009, 10:57 AM
I was going to write something for the articles section (even though I can't submit it for at least two months, haha) and it was mostly about hair FAQ. I was just giving brief answers to very common questions, like, "Is x-product good or bad?" and "Can I still blowdry/iron/etc?"

What other kinds of questions do we get asked really frequently that you think could be covered in this article? I'm thinking real basics of hair things here, like a hair primer for people who've never really had long hair before.

TIA! :wacko:

Gumball
November 20th, 2009, 11:08 AM
People ask about cones, sulfates, protein, moisture, preventing split ends, oiling, working with their specific hair types, supplements, terminal length, growth rate, shed, and I'm sure more things that people will come up with in time! I know these are less questions and more general topics of interest to many, but it's a start.

ETA: Types of washing (CO, WO, SO, CWC, catnip, ACV, etc.), benefits of clarifying/when it may be useful.

Heidi_234
November 20th, 2009, 12:17 PM
God bless you! I was just thinking how some question just reappear all the time, and here you are to save the day :D
Very common questions:

What to do with hair at night?
I'm seeing short hair close to my scalp, is it breakage? (No, it's probably or new growth :p)
Are cones evil, why should I avoid them?
How to choose clarifying shampoo? (I keep repeating that any simple SLS shampoo for normal (ie not dry or oily) hair, [which insures it would not contain any additives like cones] will work well.)
What's the proper ACV rinse dilution?

That's what I can come up with now, I'll probably recall few more later. :)

RancheroTheBee
November 20th, 2009, 12:38 PM
God bless you! I was just thinking how some question just reappear all the time, and here you are to save the day :D
Very common questions:

What to do with hair at night?
I'm seeing short hair close to my scalp, is it breakage? (No, it's probably or new growth :p)
Are cones evil, why should I avoid them?
How to choose clarifying shampoo? (I keep repeating that any simple SLS shampoo for normal (ie not dry or oily) hair, [which insures it would not contain any additives like cones] will work well.)
What's the proper ACV rinse dilution?

That's what I can come up with now, I'll probably recall few more later. :)

I've written on "is this breakage or new hair?" and "are 'cones evil?"

I'm definitely use the other ones you suggested. I forgot about the "hair at night" dilemma. :D thanks!

And right, I forgot about moisture. Somehow.

ETA: Is there a word-count limit on articles?

Heidi_234
November 20th, 2009, 01:20 PM
ETA: Is there a word-count limit on articles?
I don'y think there is. And even if there is, I don't think you'll manage to exceed it (think Nightshade's articles, they are HUGE!). :)

Oh got another one -
What is this white gunk on my scalp? ;)

hmmm
November 20th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Could you include one on how much shedding is normal, possible causes of shedding and so on? I don't know if that's a common question or not though.

LawyerGirl
November 20th, 2009, 01:30 PM
I think you could include something for those that ask about bleaching, flatironing, etc... how to minimize damage (heavy oiling?) or alternatives to achieve those results (ie. honey, etc) for those who refuse to cease and desist.

rogue_psyche
November 20th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Besides the ones already mentioned, here's some common questions I see around here.

How often should I wash my hair?
My stylist said that if I trim my hair often, it will grow faster. Is this true?
My conditioner has something called cetyl alcohol in it. Will it dry out my hair?
How do I know where my waist is?
What's this S&D you speak of?

Heidi_234
November 20th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Oh!
What's Feye's Self Trim method? Can I have a link? ;)

The question about the waist is a good one too!

little_acorn
November 20th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Maybe something about brushing and types of brushes and combs etc