PDA

View Full Version : Think I might try something new

PhillyGirl1978@
November 20th, 2009, 04:59 AM
My hair is usually pretty forgiving, especially when it comes to cones. I use Aussie Moist sometimes for tangles, I usually uses a drop of Suave shampoo in a palmfull of conditioner to wash it with occasionally. I know that baking soda opens the shaft right (vinegar closes it) straight banking soda seems to dry and tangle more than shampoo does but what if I diluted it in like a squirt bottle? I have this old dish liquid bottle that has been soaking and rinsing for a while to get rid of all the soap. If I put in a few teaspoons or tablespoons of baking soda and put quite a bit of water in there could I maybe rinse my hair with it to get the build up off? What do you think?

GlassEyes
November 20th, 2009, 05:12 AM
It'd work--if you weren't using silicones. I don't think Baking Soda can do anything for silicone build-up, though I might be wrong.

Redheaded Raven
November 20th, 2009, 05:16 AM
I don't know if it would work as I don't use cones, but others have clarified using it in shampoo. My mom used to wash her hair using just baking soda and water and then followed with a ACV rinse. It worked well for her and gave her awesome curls. :cheese:

PhillyGirl1978@
November 21st, 2009, 09:18 AM
oddly enough it takes a lot of cones to build up on me, I use lots of Aussie a few times a week cause of the tangles, and I do co-wash frequently. I had been using diluted shampoo once a week but last week my hair felt good after the cowash so I decided to skip the shampoo. I think I may do it again this week cause it still looks good. I think maybe the only reason I would use the baking soda thing to maybe open the cuticle so maybe the moisture from a DT may work better.