PDA

View Full Version : Naughty response to hair-related insult...

Gypsygirl
November 20th, 2009, 12:21 AM
Yesterday I got to use one of the clever responses to hair insults that I read on here a while ago. A friend of mine said, how old are you now? Are you ever going to cut off any of that hair??? I said, why, need some? :D I can't remember who posted that response, but thanks so much! It worked! :eyebrows:

RancheroTheBee
November 20th, 2009, 12:45 AM
Did you really? That's fabulous! I never remember witty things when I need them. :rolleyes:

Isa-belle
November 20th, 2009, 01:49 AM
Hey, that's a good reply, because it's not downright snarky either :)

Bluebell
November 20th, 2009, 02:40 AM

Yes, that! And it's a funny reply :p

Cat Lady
November 20th, 2009, 02:48 AM
Hehe. I bet you felt good having a clever comeback to throw at the rude comment-maker.

Tangerine
November 20th, 2009, 03:04 AM
Great comeback! And I agree with Isa-belle, it isn't snarky either. :)

PhillyGirl1978@
November 20th, 2009, 05:07 AM
oooh...oooh...hijack! But it is related. A friend of mine was behind me in the elevator she touched my hair, said how nice it was and how she would cut it...she said this would make a great weave! I gave her a "try it if you want to die" look and told her it looked much better growing out of my head.

Ok...sorry

Redheaded Raven
November 20th, 2009, 05:19 AM
oooh...oooh...hijack! But it is related. A friend of mine was behind me in the elevator she touched my hair, said how nice it was and how she would cut it...she said this would make a great weave! I gave her a "try it if you want to die" look and told her it looked much better growing out of my head.

Ok...sorry
Yes if it looks so great that they would want it as a weave, then why cut???

I love the come back, I never am that quick on the rebound with a great retort. :shrug:

kimannabella
November 20th, 2009, 05:27 AM
Ha, that's great. *files away in head for future use*

Not being one for witty retorts-If anyone suggests I cut I generally just give them stink eye.

vanity_acefake
November 20th, 2009, 05:31 AM
Oh that was brilliant. I can never think of anything witty to say. I just get upset and sulk like a toddler!

Xandergrammy
November 20th, 2009, 05:54 AM

I agree! I'm going to have to try and remember that rather pleasant comeback.

Carolyn
November 20th, 2009, 06:08 AM
Good for you. She needed to be put in her place.

Chrissy
November 20th, 2009, 06:30 AM
Ha, that's great. *files away in head for future use*

Not being one for witty retorts-If anyone suggests I cut I generally just give them stink eye.

Like this? - - - - - :brains:

Now that would shut them up quick!!!!! :)

Medievalmaniac
November 20th, 2009, 06:39 AM
Well done!

I always just look at them with a horrified, shocked, appalled look, as though that had NEVER occurred to me and I can't believe it would ever occur to anyone else, either...usually they squirm and feel really embarrassed, and I don't have to say anything at all! haha.

MsBubbles
November 20th, 2009, 07:00 AM
Good job on the right back atcha comment!

What a silly thing to say to you though. I mean, you'd be the same age if you had shorter hair too.

Konstifik
November 20th, 2009, 07:25 AM
Way to go! :D
i wish I was there, so I could see her/his face. With a bag of popcorn. ^^

Shermie Girl
November 20th, 2009, 07:49 AM
Yesterday I got to use one of the clever responses to hair insults that I read on here a while ago. A friend of mine said, how old are you now? Are you ever going to cut off any of that hair??? I said, why, need some? :D I can't remember who posted that response, but thanks so much! It worked! :eyebrows:

Excellent reply. Short, sweet and to the point with just the right amount of snark. :D

JamieLeigh
November 20th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Yay for Gypsygirl! :D :cheese: Glad to hear you were quick with a response. You tell em!! Long hair is glorious on any age body.

young&reckless
November 20th, 2009, 09:06 AM

Ok...sorry

Hijack the Hijack!

The guys I work with want to cut off half of my hair to they have something to pet when I'm not working.:draw:

Hydrilus
November 20th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Hijack the Hijack!

The guys I work with want to cut off half of my hair to they have something to pet when I'm not working.:draw:

Pffff haha what? THat's kinda creepy :bigeyes:

Carolyn
November 20th, 2009, 12:29 PM
The guys I work with want to cut off half of my hair to they have something to pet when I'm not working.:draw:I *think* they mean that as a compliment but what a creepy way to say it.

camirra555
November 20th, 2009, 01:42 PM
That's good that you remembered it. I always think of a good comeback...about four hours later

*Aoife*
November 20th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Hijack the Hijack!

Oh dear! While it may have been meant as a compliment, that would have me backing away slowly :run: Or very, very quickly

noelgirl
November 20th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Hijack the Hijack!

So . . . they pet you when you are working? Weirdos.

Keildra
November 20th, 2009, 08:25 PM
well I haven't gotten any of the "you should cut/donate your hair" comments yet but I'll file this away for when I do

lillithnight
November 20th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Oh. I got a response planned out for when this happens to me. "I i waited to get to this length. why would i cut it? :rollseyes:

yellowchariot
November 20th, 2009, 10:49 PM

^ Gypsygirl, I had to laugh out loud! I actually told an employee that a long time ago! LOL he was bald, and it was one of the meanest/greatest things I'd ever done :D! I applaud you! :applause

Gypsygirl
November 21st, 2009, 09:15 AM
LOL Good for you, yellowchariot!

pinchbeck
November 21st, 2009, 09:56 AM
My mom asked me when I am going to cut my hair to a more mature length (it was three inches longer than it is in my photos) and I responded with, "I like my hair and did you know that your other daughter is growing her hair as long as mine?" She had a look of surprise on her face and told me she didn't know that. After that she didn't say anything.

She adores my sister because raised her. I was adopted and found my birth mom when I was twenty. So, she thinks everything my sister does is 'right'. Ha ha! It looks like my sister is growing her hair to an immature length. Of course my mom will tell her it is lovely.

Comments like the one your friend said are hurtful and you never know where its coming from (is it genuine, is it out of jealousy, etc.), thus making it difficult to know how to interpret the comment and how to respond.

Tanuki
November 21st, 2009, 05:00 PM
So . . . they pet you when you are working? Weirdos.

I pet cute, short animals. Why not cute, short people?

Little_Bird
November 21st, 2009, 06:26 PM
:lol: I also don't use to remember these kinds of responses when I should use them... but way to go! Serves people right! HA!

:flower: